What should Peter Jackson do next?

  • Thread starter Thread starter niky
  • 13 comments
  • 704 views

What should Jackson remake/hash/improve/ruin?

  • Casablanca

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Citizen Kane

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a Wonderful Life

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psycho

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Godfather

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Seven Year Itch

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sound of Music

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wizard of Oz

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

niky

Karma Chameleon
Staff Emeritus
Messages
23,800
Philippines
Philippines
What's next for the formerly fat hobbit with the penchanct for ridiculously long but good movies?

Multiple choices allowed. Don't blame me for the available choices, I stole this from another website. :lol:
 
None of them. They are all recent classics, you can't remake those...
 
Heck, Casablanca and The Day the Earth Stood Still are both almost as old as Kong.
 
How about Star Wars Episodes 1, 2, and 3? Those bombs desperately need to be remade. Certainly he could do better than Lucas did...
 
Hell, why not make The Hobbit? He'd already have some of the characters from Lord of the Rings, such as Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum and Elrond. I mean its in this story that the One Ring makes its first appearance and it would make sense to make this film.
 
Alien, I'd love to see a new Alien film but with decent directing. The last two were imo crap, the first two were brilliant. I don't think it needs a re-make and I don't think the series should coninue unless they get a first clas director to continue it, they ruined the Alien saga with Ressurection.
 
a new Rambo !

***EDIT***


A prequel to 'First Blood', when he is back in Nam....as a Green Berets.
 
The Hobbit and Alien are two good ones.

One I'd really like to see is "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I've read the original short story it's based on, and it'd make a terrific film, sans the cheesy effects and add ons given in the movie. There are some great action sequences in the original story which I think Peter Jackson could do justice.

I've just thought of a few more (hell, maybe shouldn't have made a poll at all). Starship Troopers was a kick-ass book. The movie didn't have even one tenth the depth of the book.
 
R E T I R E !

But if has to make another film, for god sake, make it less than 3 hours long & learn how to incorparate people using green screen into a shot.
 
I think he should get away from remakes and start doing originals again.

555
R E T I R E !

But if has to make another film, for god sake, make it less than 3 hours long & learn how to incorparate people using green screen into a shot.

Like Golem? Or half the shots in LOTR? Come on. Granted there were some really ugly shots in King Kong, but there were some incredible shots as well. Just as all movies that incorporate a decent amount of CG.
 
A sequal to Goonies would be cool, i think he could do it justice. But i also think he should do a new and original film, what about FF live action :D
 
Fast and the Furious 4 👍

No, seriously I think he should just sit back and enjoy the income for a year or two.

Then FATF4... :eek:
 
American Pie 4 - Stifflers Mom has S*** Break's baby.
 
Back