What Sound Card Do you Have?

A GeForce 2 can't be used for sound because it is not a sound card, it's a video card.

I have an old Sound Blaster Live 5.1. When the Radeon 9700 Pro hits the streets, I'll be getting that and the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX. I really want some of those features. :)

I have a cool Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. It may be $80.00 but many PC magazines have awarded it as the cheapest but best sound card there is in the market. Sound Blasters may be expensive, but in my opinion the Santa Cruz does better.

I just bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (didn't realize Audigy 2 was out when I was drooling over the other one) Haven't installed it yet, but at some point today......

I have the SB Audigy 1, therefore I have the first one and must come in first, while Tom comes in second with his Audigy 2 card...

Oh and I also have a Digi001 audio card as well that allows me to record up to 18 tracks of audio at once... Good thing to have if your into multi-track recording...

Originally posted by Tom M
I have an old Sound Blaster Live 5.1. When the Radeon 9700 Pro hits the streets, I'll be getting that and the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX. I really want some of those features. :)

i have the same card and I went out and just priced a 9700pro for myself as well

they want $649 canadian for the 9700 pro. I should get it soon

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin

i have the same card and I went out and just priced a 9700pro for myself as well

they want $649 canadian for the 9700 pro. I should get it soon

I was looking at this baby today (especially after hearing the next Nvidia card was going to be delayed even more than expected) and the price has dropped from 399 (launch, and current store prices) to 309 at a show today where I picked up the audigy. I'm hoping for about 250-275 by Christmas, because I feel that is a much more reasonable price for a card that is going to be outdated, and ticking me off with slow frame rates in less than a years time. ;)

Originally quoted by Pako

I have the SB Audigy 1, therefore I have the first one and must come in first, while Tom comes in second with his Audigy 2 card...

:lol:
That must sound really sweet in DTS mode..... Oh wait.... that's right.....
;)

Back