What the he** did they do to the AI?!?!?

Honestly, if you compare Daily Races and AI races, there isn't much difference in the driving quality of the competition :D

Honestly, if you compare Daily Races and AI races, there isn't much difference in the driving quality of the competition :D

Yup. We all complain about the AI stopping on the apex, I had a guy figure the apex into spoon at Suzuka was where he should slow right down to get rid of his penalty. That ended well.

For some reason I’m much less bothered by the human incompetence that created such mediocre AI than the type of incompetence and maliciousness in Sport.

Assetto Corsa has such good AI. At least for my skill level. A shame I don’t think Gr sport, or any future GT game will have good AI. The future is online racing.

I have the opposite problem - the AI in GTS is incredibly slow even If I set it on the highest difficulty. I simply cannot do an AI race because I can't enjoy it. Even back in GT5-6 when I was doing arcade races on highest difficulty I easily won, even though I was just a kid back then, used automatic gearing, all kinds of assists and didn't even properly knew what a racing line is etc. In GT5 it was the worst, because I remember that when I was on a straight and an AI with faster car aprouched me he just slowed down for some reason and didn't want to pass me. In GT6 it was a bit better, still slow. In GTS it's a bit better again, but this time it's completely useless for me, as I'm much faster now than I used to be before. But you should be glad, because this way your AI races won't be boring and you will actually have to fight to win them :D

Small tips I would give you - use manual gearing if you don't use it yet, it will make you more skilled and you should be able to get used to it by 2-5 days. For me it was about 2 days. Then use racing line and cones, that will help you a lot, over time you can't turn it off once you'll get hang of it. You can also try to turn off assits like traction control and counter steering, but it's very hard to drive without for a beginner. It would make you faster though, but expect at least weeks, maybe even month before you get used to it - the secret to drive without traction control is to not be very aggressive with the throttle. Also try to approach every corner with reasonable speed, so not very fast, but also not very slow, so you can get an ideal entering speed and then you'll get faster exiting speed. Good luck

I had a decent challenge by adding 150 kg of weight to my Gr2, only way to make it interesting. In GT5 and 6 I used to turn down my power by 100HP when doing Super GT races. They AI are awful and what is with them at Nordschliefe? They just indicate and pull over when you're behind them

I think that depends what you mean by 'improved'

When they pull stunts like this it's just teaching people that this is the way to race.

I've warned about that purple Porsche at BMB before! Watch out for the La Ferrari too!
There are quite a few races with at least one super-aggressive car that needs to be kept clear of!

JUST TESTED
· Car = unmodified Red Bull X2014 Junior
· Course = Tsukuba Circuit
· Conditions = custom race, HARD AI
· Driver = Me (B/B)

· My best lap = 54,15
· My pace = up to 15 consecutive laps in 54,5-55,5
· Their pace = 56,5

There is something wrong with the AI, indeed, THEY'RE REALLY DAMN SLOW!

I used to love this game, used to being the keyword. I hadn't played for awhile, and got this brilliant idea a couple nights ago to fire up the PS and play it. There is no way I can keep up with AI in the custom races!!! They must have sped them up tremendously!!!! Oh well another game for the trash dumpster to keep Project Cars 2 company...
You're either trolling or really slow. The A.I. Isn't that fast imo

Latest Posts

Back