What the hell was this guy doing!?

• Thread starter AdamA998
  • 118 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems we've found a guy who wanted to set out to prove someone running out of fuel was a huge injustice to him, their fault he quit and lost DR/SR, their fault he swerved and hit a big yellow wall, their fault that he ruined his own race.

He comes on here all prepared with a video and a small explanation, with a few details left aside ready to add in later.

Finger poised above the left mouse button above the "Post Thread" button...

...he presses it... It posts...

(Now what I'm surprised most of you didn't realise, is that someone who has an ego the size of one of Jupiter's moons doesn't expect to be told he's actually in the wrong - as his pals at school and his parents have never done. So he has no idea how to respond to criticism.)

He immediately gets backlash, something he's never received in massive amounts.

As the story goes on we learn that despite all the efforts of everyone here to help him understand there may have been a different scenario (besides ploughing into a wall at three figures speed) he proceeds to use the argument of 'you must have never driven a car' or something to that extent, which is kind of ironic.

Maybe this is why some people say Gran Turismo isn't a "real racing simulator", or maybe because most of those who play it don't treat it as a racing simulator.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Some people's ego just seems to get in the way of rational thought.

Good for him, I'm A/S and improving, so to suggest my driving isn't improving is inaccurate. Anyway I don't get why these video gamers are lecturing others like they're some professional F1 drivers. It would be a funny scene seeing them driving on a track in a real life.

Moving the goalposts I see, well how about someone who is S/S rank and has raced single seaters IRL, am I qualified to lecture you on everything you did wrong? Well here's a list of things you should/shouldn't have done.
  • You should have made some sort of attempt at slowing down.
  • You shouldn't have tried to beat him into the pitlane.
  • You shouldn't have driven into the pitwall.
  • You should have ran into the back of them even if you couldn't slow down in time and got a penalty as the alternative was the pitwall.
  • After being reset you could have reversed up and driven into the pitlane as the next car was a long way back (although I'm guessing at that point you were so mad about your terrible reaction to someone being in the way that you didn't particularly care).

Hmm, I should have read the whole thread before commenting and then deleting my comment.

Last edited:
I'm sure some players would have kept their foot in the carpet and smashed the porsches back door in

Theres truth in this. Its so much easier to say than it is to do. How many would really do what they say, especially those in the top players.

Last edited:
That's enough, thanks folks.

We don't need other users dropping below our site's standards while posting on our site because one user dropped below those standards elsewhere. We're not the PSN police, our users' on-site behaviour is our only concern - insulting someone because they were insulting is a race to the bottom.

is-this-real-life.jpg

Brake dude, respect other whatever they do. there can be many reason, why did you just straight accelerate and hoping you can get in that hole..

Really funny this one.

Firstly, the race scenario: there are multiple ways how you could have attempt to avoid that situation.

1. Lift off throttle to slow down.
2. As you lift the throttle brake hard (even if you were to slam him behind into the pit).
3. Turn the other way into the pit instead of trying to squeeze in like the other two cars did (your miscalculations make you end up in the wall).
4. Turn completely away from the pit ( I know this would be really frustrating but it could have saved you from hitting that wall).

This has nothing to do with the fact of " I want to see you trying it" no, you started this thread believing that the person who's gas clearly ran out was at fault here.
While pointing out that this was not the case, you reacted overdefensive and started calling moderators immature for pointing out your mistake.
If you are person that is entitled to your opinion and yours only and cannot adress it into discussions I suggest not to create discussion forums next time.
Have a good day to you sir 👍

Ps: before you start telling me to be in the same shoes, I have commited this mistake hundreds of time too and I have came to realise that it was always my fault and correcting myself for it to not happen again.

PPS: Sorry mods for continuing the discussions.

I can see your video getting a lot of views, Adam. Unintentionally funny but funny all the same.:D

...and don't take the banter so personally. You must see how we'd find this funny.

If you expect cars to ghost, you're bound to get stuff like this. Also, as others pointed out, you hit the wall.

^^I think it was tongue in cheek comment.:D

'Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.'

The late, great, Senna.

...I would have smashed his trunk right in, why the hell would you try to dodge him in such a tiny space?

In fact, why didn't you even bothered to at least brake a little bit?

You played yourself.

I got fooled from that before but the can infront most of the time ghost's the + you could brake a little & go to the left or in the worst possible case hit him & get a penalty.

It could add an additional art to the game if pit lane entry needed to be controlled by the driver, ie instead of going full throttle in to the cutscene you needed to brake to a set speed. It would make for some interesting pit strategy passes.

@Furinkazen lol it was a play on words from the OP video, trying to follow where the previous cars went to avoid the out of fuel porsche. ie going for a gap that no longer exists :dopey:

Or he just dont like to dive into the pit with 1000km/h so for realism he brakes down a little for the better feeling. I sometimes did that as well when i was new to GTS by accident.

Or he just dont like to dive into the pit with 1000km/h so for realism he brakes down a little for the better feeling. I sometimes did that as well when i was new to GTS by accident.

I still do that :).

It's a pit. I'd expect stalling cars heading towards the pits and I'd be keeping an eye out for them.

^^I think it was tongue in cheek comment.:D

'Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.'

The late, great, Senna.[/QUOTE]

This reminded me of a fail video with a large chap trying to jump through the gap in the back of a white chair into a swimming pool. It's a gap yes, but not one you will fit through lmao. Ends in tears.

Senna was/is my idol. Watching him drive was just out of this world. Made his cars "dance". Donnington park, wet track, stayed on slicks and won. A true GOAT in my eyes.

To answer the question posed by the the thread title -- He is playing a GAME. The thread itself causes me to ask my own questions.
Really?, huh?, What? -- :confused: At least it is entertaining:cheers:

My take on the video:

If the guy is out of fuel, he has no control over the situation, you were well behind him and should have slowed down. Not his fault.

If hes burning a penalty down, hes being cheeky doing it on a place people behind him cant do nothing about it. Hes being very clever cause burning pens in the pit entry is the best place to do it now since you dont lose any time on the acceleration retake. You still were well behing him and should have realised he was slow and braked.

Senna was/is my idol. Watching him drive was just out of this world. Made his cars "dance". Donnington park, wet track, stayed on slicks and won. A true GOAT in my eyes.
I grew up watching Senna and other great drivers like Lauda and Piquet. I went to the Montreal race that Senna won back in 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back