What the hell was this guy doing!?

• Thread starter AdamA998
  • 118 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than blame the other guy why not learn from the error and know what to do next time. You could have put on your brakes, cost yourself a couple of seconds but still had a good race. Learn from your, and others, mistakes, become a better driver because of it. As frustrating as it can be at times.

Rather than blame the other guy why not learn from the error and know what to do next time. You could have put on your brakes, cost yourself a couple of seconds but still had a good race. Learn from your, and others, mistakes, become a better driver because of it. As frustrating as it can be at times.

I should have hit him from behind, he probably wanted that himself to get him across quickly. Anyway I think I would have hit him even if I slammed on the brakes. It's game and I play for fun , and I don't see how trying to avoid that would improving my driving. That's more like taking different racing lines and improving my braking points.

You had so much time to realise the person was going slowly, yet you never even lifted off the throttle, let alone braked.

And then you drove into the wall, not even into the other driver.

As already shown, the other driver was on 0L fuel. I'd also say the other driver drove as safely as they could in that situation.
That driver wasn't even the only one on 0L if you watch carefully.

It's unfortunate that someone ran out of fuel and had to crawl back into the pits infront of you and some others, but you are at fault for what happened. You have to be more aware when it comes to avoiding others, and understanding what situations can arise.

You had at least 3 seconds of reaction time available for you to do something, yet you didn't. And even if you thought 'oh I'll go full throttle, surely he'll ghost', well you avoided the possibility of that even happening.

You had so much time to realise the person was going slowly, yet you never even lifted off the throttle, let alone braked.

And then you drove into the wall, not even into the other driver.

As already shown, the other driver was on 0L fuel. I'd also say the other driver drove as safely as they could in that situation.

Wanna get in a lobby and play out the same scenario? I'll make it so you have to refuel every lap, and make the race 10 laps. One of those laps I'm going to stop and slow suddenly while you're behind me with an obstructed view initially all in real time. Then we'll see how you manage it. :)

One of those laps I'm going to stop and slow suddenly while you're behind me with an obstructed view initially all in real time. Then we'll see how you manage it. :)

If I have the same possible time window to avoid you, as in the video you posted, I would easily avoid you. Either by lifting off, braking, or turning, depending on where you brake.

If I have the same possible time window to avoid you, as in the video you posted, I would easily avoid you. Either by lifting off, braking, or turning, depending on where you brake.

We'll give it a go someday if that's easy.

In fairness to the OP, watching the two cars in front that managed to get around the porsche before it got too far in.
When entering the pits I can be looking at times in the top left corner or switching fuel map, or just generally not expecting to meet a slowed vehicle.
I reckon I would have been caught out in that scenario, but I like to think I would have rear ended him with my brakes locked up if I wasn't paying complete attention.

c91bcef66789c9a850fb639e06b1b9542b0d7ae3.gif

Now that's immature!

I did. Which is what you should have done.

Note that I'm also not complaining or denying that I hit him.

You're complaining about the penalty and you suggested I should have slowed down while not slowing down in your videos to avoid collisions. So I was disappointed to see there are no examples of what you suggest to others on your gaming channel.

When in doubt, bring in other people's driving ethics.

I'm not in doubt of anything, I am a proud person. Daan on otherhand should apply these rules to himself before he applies to them others.

You're complaining about the penalty and you suggested I should have slowed down while not slowing down in your videos to avoid collisions. So I was disappointed to see there are no examples of what you suggest to others on your gaming channel.
Where did I suggest you should have slowed down?

But did he go complain on the forums about "WhAt tHe HeLl Is ThIs GuY dOiNg?!?!?!?!?!?!" and proceeds to call everyone who disagrees with him immature?
Keep this thread alive though, it's amusing :lol:

Lol, who's everyone? Your buddy Daan?

Where did I suggest you should have slowed down?

You suggested I should have avoided it, but I don't think you're in a position to give lessons to others and mock them in a childish manner.

How about this one Daan(at 1:24), you seem to be expert at avoiding accidents, what happened here:
Thats a 7 minute video, you sat there and waited for something to happen? Are you just sitting through all his videos trying to find an exact moment an accident happens so you can call it out? What are you even trying to prove? How childish you are, rather than what you've been saying everyone else is?

Lol, who's everyone? Your buddy Daan?
Fair point, Famine and Daan aren't everyone :lol:
Just asking, how did you find his youtube channel? It's a bit creepy considering it's not on his signature nor prominent enough on his profile page that I'd find it in 5 minutes

Thats a 7 minute video, with no specific point of reference. What are you even trying to prove? How childish you are, rather than what you've been saying everyone else is?

Not sure what this has to do with you, Daan came here to mock me and his plan didn't work it like he thought it would. The guy is able to adjust this situations really well in real time as his posts seem to suggest but his videos prove otherwise.
Lol, he makes a very small mistake and proceeds to slow down instantly as a form of apology and so the victim stayed ahead. Nice sportsmanship from Daan actually.

It's not about sportsmanship, it's about his impressive ability to avoid accidents that are so impressive he decides to mock others over their 'inabilities'.

You suggested I should have avoided it, but I don't think you're in a position to give lessons to others and mock them in a childish manner.
I've suggested nothing. I stated that you hit a wall.

How about this one Daan(at 1:24), you seem to be expert at avoiding accidents, what happened here:

The guy behind me, hit me into the Huracan. Listen.

But thanks for the views. 👍

It's not about sportsmanship, it's about his impressive ability to avoid accidents that are so impressive he decides to mock others over their 'inabilities'.

Daan is mocking you for your immaturity about your incident. Part of that mocking is about the incident, but the reasoning is because of the way you are behaving.

Fair point, Famine and Daan aren't everyone :lol:
Just asking, how did you find his youtube channel? It's a bit creepy considering it's not on his signature nor prominent enough on his profile page that I'd find it in 5 minutes

Finding his videos in recommendations is not as creepy as Dan fishing my posts to find an opportunity to mock/and argue with me in the forum.

Daan is mocking you for your immaturity about your incident. Part of that mocking is about the incident, but the reasoning is because of the way you are behaving.

Uh no, you need to re-read the thread. I stated in a post that if the car had ghosted I would've avoided that and drove through him. He responded by suggesting i would have hit a wall. He's looking for trouble and you're all up in arms about it if I play his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back