What tips do you guys have for a beginner in GT Sport in terms of Sport mode?

• Thread starter YoungBoi
  • 30 comments
I heard on some GT Sport stream on twitch that you get points only if you finish higher than number on your car.

Why? I read that it makes you slower and it is better to learn without TCS.

I read the same advice when I began this game. What will happen is you will most likely end up in a mode in gr3 or 4 of crash retry spin retry go wide retry.
Or, in lieu of that you will be late on throttle due to fear of spin or crash.
Better to do it as in real life, lap smooth over and again, on the racing line, build up the speed slowly.
Tcs if on SHOWS YOU EXACTLY where you are going wrong by ONLY slowing you down. So, desire to go faster motivates you to correct your mistakes, plus, when venturing into sport mode the first times, you probably won’t have ice water in your veins and heart rate of a meditating zen master...Tcs will keep you outta trouble and until your level is 45-50k it’s not the main thing to worry about and even then, you can succeed and make a plus with it on 3 or 2.
No tcs will put you into the realm of many many players sliding around crashing themselves and others wondering why they never improve and one lap from 20 getting a good time.
Better to be consistent with your times than have one good lap 2 lousy ones then a spin.
Tcs can be used to achieve A plus rating.
Tcs helps if others hit you, it helps on tricky sections.
No tcs means you have to have PERFECT car balance and throttle control, AMIDST the added distraction of racing with others. Do new players in sport mode have this trait, making qualifying times top 1 percent of the world?
Also you will thank me later if you start entering races in which tire wear is enabled.

Back