What to use to win Rally's easy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sporthog
  • 69 comments
  • 6,376 views
Messages
1
I have the Toyota RSC Rally Raid car, installed the dirt and snow tires to race and win some rallies but it handles like crap. Any one know some good settings for this car or should I be using something else? Of course I have sold it a dozen times and have my credits up in the mils.
 
Ditch the RSC...

Peugot 206, Escort, Evo VI are all good. Evo VIII Super rally car is much faster than any of them, however.
 
Dodge Ram surprisingly enough works well.
 
Actually, upon further review, the '03 Subaru WRX rally car may be a little faster than the Evo VIII Super Rally car when fully modded out. The powerband is very smooth, and the car is not as twitchy as the Evo. Stock, it is making over 360HP, and more torque than any of the other rally cars except for the RSC.

On paper, the RSC should be awesome, as it has the most power and lowest weight of any rally cars aside from the group B monsters. For some reason, though, it handles pretty sloppy.
 
BlazinXtreme
Dodge Ram surprisingly enough works well.

~WHOA~ That's no bull. Won the Grand Canyon with that sucker. It's funny too since the Dodge Truck was my very 1st car purchase in GT4. I love to bully around the rest of the course.
 
Anyone have any tweaks for tuning ice races?
Limited slip, tranny, stuff like that.
 
TheMocoMan
~WHOA~ That's no bull. Won the Grand Canyon with that sucker. It's funny too since the Dodge Truck was my very 1st car purchase in GT4. I love to bully around the rest of the course.


Have been after some settings for the dodge ram - dunno if anyone has any ideas?? Found a site that said to drop it to the deck and do a few other things with it, but to be honest it handles like a pile of crap... Its a great car though for A spec points, between 150 - 199 each race... Apparently once tuned it can drop things like zonda?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
 
Fully modded Mitsubishi Galant VR4 will do most rallies...
 
i'm using the lancia delta s4 , cant rememeber where i won it though...
 
I just fitted the race suspension to the Ram and left it at that. Seems to handle very well. Used a Supercharger on easy for mostly 200 A-spec points a race and N/A Stage 3 on Normal for 200 points. I think the weight of the things helps with rallying.
 
I've found the Impreza prototype car to be more than capable for all the rallys in stock form. (with the proper settings) I've tried more powerful/lighter cars but the control just isn't there. With a power to weight ratio of 4.xx I still manage to put down better times than cars with a 1.9x power to weight ratio. The whole key is control and taking the best line and shortest distance around the course.
 
With the RSC, Lower it some, Set the LSD to initial 20/20 and set the accel and decel to minimum values, then raise the F/R torque split to between 30 and 40% and it will not whip around so much.
Also, Drive it like it was the Pagani Zonda in GT3.:lol:
 
I use an Evo VI, about half tuned out. Just gotta bump the guy the right way and you get by. Sell the RAID you get like 256,000, and you cand reset that race and win it again. Easy 1,000,000. Cruze on
 
Win the Escudo in the Cathedral 1(hard). The car doninates and handles like it's on rails, which was surprising seeing that it has over 1000hp. 👍
 
lol thats my problem, im having a hard time winning some of those Hard rallies.. their hard lol

had been using my fully tuned 500+ HP STi, but i bought the subaru rally car for a good chunk of money (love that car anyways so i didnt mind)

i too used the RSC lol i raised that thing up and made it huge.. it was fun :D

..snow is a pain though, i still havent found a car that handles SOMEWHAT good enough to not spin out.. and keep up some speed, even my subaru rally car i spun out twice on chimonix

..and cant do the snow ring for crap lol that place is so hard...
 
Call it a little overkill maybe, but i've been using a fully modded 98 Mercedes-Bez AMG CLK-GTR Race Car on all of the road rallies. By the time I get to the second or third turn of the race, I have more than enough of a lead that I can just basically coast the rest of the way. Always beat the opponent by at least 25 seconds
 
im a simple sorta guy so i use a simple car nissan skyline fully modded wins everytime :)
 
For the road races any half decent car will get you through fine.

I used a selection of cars, but you really want something that has good acceleration (or just tune the car's gear ratios) good brakes and handles very well. Most of the tracks have lots of corners.

On the dirt and snow rallys im not as sure. I tried the RCS and only just got it through some of the easy rallys, however i found the Impreza prototype 01 you win on the easy grand canyon to be far superior.

Thanks for the advice on the escudo, does it handle better that gt3? I thought it had a bit too much power to control well.
 
For the rally stages on pavement, try the Suzuki GSXR-4. Tune as necessary, it shouldn't need much. Downforce will definitely help.
 
Gil
With the RSC, Lower it some, Set the LSD to initial 20/20 and set the accel and decel to minimum values, then raise the F/R torque split to between 30 and 40% and it will not whip around so much.
Also, Drive it like it was the Pagani Zonda in GT3.:lol:

Thank you very much.
I got it working quite a bit better now. Pretty good settings there and gave me a good starting block.
 
robtheace
For the road races any half decent car will get you through fine.

I used a selection of cars, but you really want something that has good acceleration (or just tune the car's gear ratios) good brakes and handles very well. Most of the tracks have lots of corners.

On the dirt and snow rallys im not as sure. I tried the RCS and only just got it through some of the easy rallys, however i found the Impreza prototype 01 you win on the easy grand canyon to be far superior.

Thanks for the advice on the escudo, does it handle better that gt3? I thought it had a bit too much power to control well.

I have'nt tried it on anything but the dirt, but it handles great on it. Just watch your speed coming into corners.
 
I've been using a lightly modded Impreza 22b - drt/drt , race exauhst, port pollish, carbon shaft. nothing to bump up the hp too much. It's got about 380hp now, but that's cause I added some for the harder rallies.

I'm not a good rally driver, but this seems to hold up well for me.
 
BlazinXtreme
Dodge Ram surprisingly enough works well.


Yep, that's right, i just raced and i got 1st with 200 point each :dopey:

jlosordo
Win the Escudo in the Cathedral 1(hard). The car doninates and handles like it's on rails, which was surprising seeing that it has over 1000hp. 👍

yeah, this Escudo is the best, however, you need to control it because most of time i was going too fast and got soo many pently and finish 2nd. :crazy: . but i'm sure someone will do better than me 👍

Track_Veteran
I've found the Impreza prototype car to be more than capable for all the rallys in stock form. (with the proper settings) I've tried more powerful/lighter cars but the control just isn't there. With a power to weight ratio of 4.xx I still manage to put down better times than cars with a 1.9x power to weight ratio. The whole key is control and taking the best line and shortest distance around the course.

this will work, because i just beat all rally with this impreza protoype, but i'm using Dodge ram to add more A-spec point :) aido
 
Huge problem with the Escudo.

You get it from second to last rally and its freakin hard.
 
jalopy
Huge problem with the Escudo.

You get it from second to last rally and its freakin hard.

It is very hard. I used a Impreza super touring car. Very hard to control. It took me 8 tries, but if you can break early and control the HP you'll win easy.
 
I think the best thing for you to try doing is trying out each car. I have had GREAT success with the 2-door STI coupe (if they sell that thing in the US I'm all over it). That car just suits my driving style and can be made into a pretty wicked machine.

But try out a few cars...it's amazing how different they can feel.
 
jalopy
Thank you very much.
I got it working quite a bit better now. Pretty good settings there and gave me a good starting block.
No probs.
I actually drove the thing for quite a while before I remembered that the settings could be changed.:lol:
I was flipping loop-te-doos for the longest time, and just trying to counter-steer with the stock settings to very little avail.:D
Glad to help.👍
 
Back