What to use to win Rally's easy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sporthog
  • 69 comments
  • 6,376 views
Go with the Peugeot 206 rally car. Its my favorite rally car I have used it to win all the rallies in all the GT's, its a great car! 👍
 
Anyone managed to win all the rally races with a fully decked out Dodge Ram?

I'm currently about halfway through the Normal circuits, and am still winning by a pretty large margin (on some tracks I am good at, as much as 30 seconds), still with 200 A-Spec points a race (although one race was 198, for some odd reason).

I'd like to keep going with the pickup, but when I get to hard, I might have a little tougher time of it.

It'd be nice to know if anyone has managed to go through all the Special Conditions races with the Dodge, though, so I know it can be done... *lol*
 
i haven't tryed it yet in this game but in gt3 you could use the fully tuned porsche ctr2 with dirt tires and be close to the escudo every time!! Ill try it later right now im workin on my last endurance at la sartheII !!!
 
"Power is nothing without control" really seems to apply to the dirt and snow races, which is why I think you are best off using a stock rally car--I like the Subaru Impreza--rather than adding a turbo or going for a fully-modded 4WD street car. The big turbos provide poor low-end acceleration, and the car can become difficult to control at higher speeds, making it easy for those 5 sec penalties to pile up. A stock rally car, on the other hand, has a better balance and driveability. That's how I was able to win the Yosemite I (Hard) races at 58 points in a regular Subaru rally car, after I lost the race at 1 point by over 20 seconds in my +700 bhp Skyline.

Of course, anticipating the turns and breaking early is also essential, because no car is going to drive well if you are constantly hanging sideways or hitting things. Speaking of which, if you are about to hit something or are riding the walls, make sure to turn in early and kick out the rear a bit, because hitting the wall with that part of the car will not penalize you.
 
Used RUF CTR for Rallies (Easy and some Normal).
Then won Red Cathedral (normal), aquired a Subrau Prototype used that to beat Red Cathedral (Hard). Those six rallies were extremely challanging to say the least (Red Cath I and II and also Umbria (Hard)-still haven't beat that)
 
I've not got this far yet as only have National B License.. Yeah, I know it's bad lol.

Did anyone else here find in GT3 that they could use the F1 Car on one of the Road Rallys? Would beat anything you raced against in that Rally Stage by miles, wondered if you can here too as someone mentioned a GT-R
 
im having trouble with hard, one lap pavement race with the wet track in rally. Any suggestions?
 
325adam
im having trouble with hard, one lap pavement race with the wet track in rally. Any suggestions?


To make it easy - Any LMP car with traction control turned up.
 
...just be sure to brake very early going into the turns, otherwise you will spend a lot of time in the sand. It might take two or three tries to work up a rhythm, but it should not be too difficult with the LMP or F1.
 
I used a slightly upgraded renualt sport clio v6 with around 250 bhp it did the job
 
I use a tuned up Skyline, classic for them but still gets the job done.

P.S. Woot, my first post as a new member to these forums.
 
fully modded impreza rally car

3rd gear is your friend.

i bet all of the hard, normal, and easy snow and ice rallies (the hardest ones apparently) on the first try with the impreza left in 3rd gear most of the way around the track.
 
Obviously most 4 wheel drive cars can be good rally cars... But I've found s14's lightly tuned to between 190-300 hp depending on the opponent and how many aspec pts you want.

I know skyline gtrs (r32-R34) are either banned or severly handicapped by restrictions in many rallies.. but are they Banned From WRC or just havent gotten back into it?
 
I found that the RSC handles surprisingly well on the road races, in that hall.
 
I hate Citta Di Aria in reverse it doesn't seem to flow well for me at all. Also got to be careful not to spin out on the first downhill, else you might become wedged in like I did :lol: Used a 'stock' Mazda 6 Touring car to win it, worked alot better than all my other cars, only got 10 A spec points for it though.

Not looking forward to doing med & hard dirt/snow rallies. Renault 5 turbo in easy dirt rallies appeared to be driving as though it was on tarmac... :scared:

Edit: Despite them kindly giving us free sport tyres in GT4, its a bit tight rally cars not coming with dirt tyres!
 
I used the Nissan R92CP for the road races in the Special Conditions hall. You would think it is boring, but I thought it was actually a nice challenge trying to go through Aria and Amalfi, and especially Paris, at top speed while keeping it out of the wall.
 
Gabkicks
I know skyline gtrs (r32-R34) are either banned or severly handicapped by restrictions in many rallies.. but are they Banned From WRC or just havent gotten back into it?

Not banned, but they have .6L too much displacement in their engines to be legal...

WRC cars are restricted to 2.0L IIRC...
 
i used Subaru Impreza prototype coz i won it and dun wanna buy any car.... just got the tires required and win almost every special conditions..... haven't done all the hard ones yet though..
 
STi Spec C works perfect for me, although I may try that Dodge Ram...
 
yeah, the Spec C is a beast.. i feel guilty using cars that good against GT4's stupid noob AI so i've retired it :guilty:
 
Ford Escort Rally 98 car for dirt and snow. Its what allowed me to win Special Conditions Gran Canyon Hard.
I think you can win it at Spec Conditions Tahiti Normal race.
 
Puegot 206 rally car cost=$750,000. Fun factor=$4 billion dollars. Result is one smiling goat. :D
 
I fly threw dirt rallies real quick but I have alot of trouble with the ice rallies.
 
OMG the dodge truck rules !!!!! if anyone has troubble with their dirt rallys try the "Neck" way and go muddin in yo truck lol. after trying various rally cars and being mildly to verry dissapointed with most of them (havent tried them all yet) i saw this thread and the posts about the dodge truck. thinking ya ok ill try it but prolly no better than the lancia delta evol rally ( good car btw for rally snow and tarmac and a old fav of mine from gt2 and 3 ) and was blown away by this heavy big monster of a truck it is by far the best handling car for rally ive tried yet in GT4. its cappabilitys on the offroad are amazing and feels more like the physics of the best rally cars in GT3!!! IE. easy smooth corner drifts and good control not like most of the rally cars in GT4. so if you dont like rally then try goin country and gettin yer whoop ass on with a big bad Dodge Hemi!!!!!!


Edit: thought id add my settings for dirt ill post snow ones latter if it prooves as good on there

Dodge Ram 1500 LARAME Hemi '04

racing muffler
full break upgrades
port polish, engine balancing, and racing chip nos too
supercharger
full racing susp and tranny ( inc flywheel and clutch)
LSD and carbon axle
dirt tires
full lightning and rollbar and VCD

Settings:

suspension:
Springs: 8.0 front 7.0 rear
Ride hight: 193 both
Shock 7 all the way round
camber: no change (2 front 1 rear)
toe: no change
stabalizers: 5 front and rear

Transmission:
Auto set: 5

Breaks:
14 front 12 rear

Driving aids:
TCS only set to 10

LSD:
Inital: 20 front 20 rear
Acc: 50 front 50 rear
decc. 30 front 30 rear

VCD:
35%

thats how i have it set up and it runs great im shure this can be improved on so feel free to suggest changes ect
 
neurokinetik
Ditch the RSC...

Peugot 206, Escort, Evo VI are all good. Evo VIII Super rally car is much faster than any of them, however.

I think the rsc is a good car i won the japanese championship with it in b-spec it destroyed the other cars!!!!! :cool:
 
I used RSC in few races, till I got Ford RS200. soon after that, I got peugeot 205 T16 evo2, and the rest is rally history.. :lol:
 
Gabkicks
Obviously most 4 wheel drive cars can be good rally cars... But I've found s14's lightly tuned to between 190-300 hp depending on the opponent and how many aspec pts you want.

I know skyline gtrs (r32-R34) are either banned or severly handicapped by restrictions in many rallies.. but are they Banned From WRC or just havent gotten back into it?


No 6 cylinder cars in wrc surely?
 
sure u get 1 a-spec oint but i use the mine´s skyline @ 853hp with nos.. takes out most of it
only exception is hard wet course there i use the minolta
 
Back