What tracks are coming to GT Sport in 2020?

• Thread starter theschledy
  • 103 comments

What will be the first kind of track coming to GT Sport in 2020?

• Total voters
These are on my list of expected tracks:

Daytona International Speedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Twin Ring Motegi
Silverstone Circuit
Goodwood Hillclimb

As for tracks that never been featured in a GT game, I could see them do Paul Ricard, Circuit of the Americas, Hockenheimring, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Sebring, Road America, Mid-Ohio, etc.
Hell yes to another oval!

Anyone expecting Daytona, especially this month, is asking for disappointment. I'm happy to be wrong, but I strongly advise people to not hold their breath.
I don’t think we can expect, or rule out, anything.

I doubt many expected Laguna Seca (reveal at least) so soon after Spa. Neither do we know PD’s DLC plans given it’s potentially the last year of full GT Sport support.

They may want to get the major tracks out early in the year for use in FIA events. Finishing the year just with car packs before the move to GT7.

Pikes Peak & Andalucia would be real nice but highly unlikely... I'd settle for Apricot Hill, I really miss it, I think its curves would be awesome with the new handling model. Im grateful at this stage for any new content at all fingers crossed it keeps coming. Perhaps updates will continue for awhile so that crossplay with the PS5 will be possible for the 2021 championships?

I'm a firm believer that if Horse Thief Mile can (barely) accommodate 16-20 cars, then everything else is fair game. Also, many of the tracks that have been in the Daily Race rotation for the last 2 years have had their share of problem areas. The online carnage has been well-documented. If anything, the pool of drivers has more to do with that than the tracks themselves. If you get the wrong combination of drivers (overly aggressive, inexperienced, and dirty), then the potential for a negative experience increases. I just think it's a weak argument to say that the originals would be bad for online racing. Just about any track can be a nightmare under certain conditions.

Anyone expecting Daytona, especially this month, is asking for disappointment. I'm happy to be wrong, but I strongly advise people to not hold their breath.
Yeah with the first live event coming in February, I feel like we won't be getting a track this month now. We're most likely getting a teaser at the live event, and then the actual track at the end of February.

I looked back at what we got to start 2019. We got 8 cars and......... Special Stage Route X :lol:.

What happens first: An original track added to GT Sport, or Special Stage Route X being used in a Daily Race or FIA event?

Heck, anyone expecting any track but a wet variant of is likely to be disappointed. We just got Laguna Seca last month. We may get a new wet variant since PD followed the wet/new alternating cycle for a bit last year, but otherwise, February is much more likely.

Well no teaser has dropped so nothing this month I guess... Im still enjoying Laguna Seca a lot. We are probably getting towards the end of updates will have to wait and see... Just some extra career mode races would be nice particularly in the premium sport / nostalgic sections. Laguna Seca could be used a bit more in career as could mount panorama which is nowhere?

Well no teaser has dropped so nothing this month I guess... Im still enjoying Laguna Seca a lot. We are probably getting towards the end of updates will have to wait and see... Just some extra career mode races would be nice particularly in the premium sport / nostalgic sections. Laguna Seca could be used a bit more in career as could mount panorama which is nowhere?
Panorama is used in the amateur Hatchback GT League event.

I believe the only track to not show up at all in GT League is Horse Thief Mile.

I'm holding my breath for a maintenance notification either Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise January is probably doomed.

the update is not impossible at the beginning of the month
ScreenshotCapture_2020_01_27_10_17_22_489.jpg

An update at the beginning of February is **Possible**, but with the live event happening mid-month it seems unlikely. I think the live event also kills any possibility of getting a new track this month.

Getting no content for January might be a first, but wouldn't be that surprising with what we got to end 2019.

Should be an interesting week!

Remaining real circuits fron GT6: Silverstone, Daytona, Indianapolis, Motegi, Ascari.
GT Sport locations to get another layout: Alsace, Colorado Springs.
Less likely returning real circuits from previous games: Monaco, Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Sonoma.
And lastly rain at various tracks.

Back