What TV shows do you despise?

  • Thread starter Thread starter milefile
  • 62 comments
  • 3,081 views
Messages
10,832
Anything goes... drama, comedy, magazine shows, so-called "reality" programs, etc.

Let 'em rip.

For me, for now...

ER
American Idol
All the FOX "reality" exploitations including the upcoming Beverly Hillbillies "reality" show.
American Dreams
Friends
And that show with the two gay guys and the drug addict, drunken whore who's supposed to be so funny...?

I know there's more but I can't remember them now. You can include old shows, too.
 
Almost all of them, I can't type that much.

"Reality" shows
Any game show created in the last 4 years
Judge shows
Talk shows
Any "family" feel-good stuff with angels in it
Dramas with personal lives woven into the plot

But I particulaly loathe anything that's advetised as "cool" or "sexy" or "funny". Usually because none of those attributes fits any show it's describing. It's a marketing tease.
 
Friends
Joe Millionairre
Bachelorette
ER
American Idol
MAD TV
TRL
Road Rules
Real World
Road Rules vs. Real World
Trading Spaces
Dharma and Greg
All programming on:
ABC
CBS
NBC except for Conan O'Brien

I just like everything it seems.
 
Or Conan O'Brien? (whoever that is)
 
Originally posted by milefile
What would we do without cable? Or Dish?
Use the internet. I'm cableless and lovin' it. Until F1's on the air again.
 
Idols
All the soaps, either Dutch or American
religious TV ( we have a couple of shows where you can watch a choir sing their songs in a church for an hour)

And we have some Channels who seem to think that we want to see some old crappy shows, like The Nanny.
 
I was shocked how many years that stayed on the air. And that annoying laugh? It made me want to smash the TV with a bat.
 
Originally posted by milefile
What would we do without cable? Or Dish?
Read.
There's James Patterson, Stuart Woods, John Grisham, Elmore Leonard, etc.
 
Originally posted by Gil
Read.
There's James Patterson, Stuart Woods, John Grisham, Elmore Leonard...

...Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Dean Koontz, Frederik Forsyth...
 
Holland, You and I should have a "book exchange" program.:lol:
I'm currently reading "The Summons" by Grisham. I have a John Maxim in the wings and a J. A. Jance to follow that.
 
I'm reading "The Bear and the Dragon" by Clancy right now. "One door away from heaven" by Koontz is the one after that.
 
I personally hate Jerry Springer, Maury, I have NEVER watched Joe Millionaire, Survivor, High kSchool Reunion, ad nauseum.
As far as Springer and others like him: I didn't know that there were that many people ready to put ALL their business "in the street".
As for the reality shows. The premise behind most of them is pure stupidity. Or outright deception.
I think they went looking for the stalest pond in the country and put the stuff floating on top in the office to decide what goes on TV.
I think I'll just watch JAG and Star Trek TNG reruns.
 
Originally posted by made in holland
...Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Dean Koontz, Frederik Forsyth...

Bill Burroughs, Paul Bowles, Mary Shelley, Albert Camus, Jean Paul Sartre, Jack Kerouac...

Yes. I am familiar with reading.:rolleyes:

This thread is about TV though.
 
Originally posted by milefile
What would we do without cable? Or Dish?
I'm cable-less and dish-less. You can count the number of channels that I recieve on your fingers: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13. Pretty sad... Then again, I'm told that I'm not missing much anyway. :D

I really don't watch much TV in the first place-- I used to watch Guiness World Records when it used to be on on FOX 11, but it's since been discontinued. I also like to watch World's Wildest Polive Videos and America's Funniest Home Videos when I get the [rare] chance (yes, they're on slightly different ends of the spectrum, but they're both good shows, except they both have terribly annoying hosts :irked:).

So, other than the daily dose of news, I usually don't get any TV, and I really don't care. That doesn't mean though that I can't compile a hate list (:D):
  • Any and all reality TV shows- World's Wildest Police V. and America's Funniest Home V. are the most "real" that you'll find, yet they're not advertised as reality shows (maybe they're afraid of bad karma :lol:).
  • Many Comedies- There are plenty that are genuinly funny, but there are also plenty that inappropriately make fun of people or make ridiculously simpleton jokes.
  • Angel Shows- basically what pupik said.
  • Judge Shows- Honestly, have you ever watched one of those things?!? (DON'T!)
  • Dumb Talk Shows- I just simply don't know what the appeal with Jerry Springer, Ricki Lake, etc. are. :banghead: Maury has some good content (not always, but occasionally), as do a few others.
 
almost everything on tv is crap.

i hate many shows.

i despise:
friends
will and grace
more but im tired

lets all luagh at the stupid shows that come out right after a movie based on roughly the same thing becomes popular.

tf&tf - fastlane
the matrix - dark angel (all of that cheesy martial arts ****. luckily now only the crappy syndicated shows do that)
meet the parents - meet the folks, that other one that is coming soon that just puts the son in law in a dark room with her parents
my big fat greek wedding - my big fat greek whatever the hell its called
probably more, list any that you might know that i forgot
 
any reality tv,..... actually it would be easier to say what i like rather than what i dont.

south park :D
most scifi
 
Will and Grace! Tht's the one I couldn't remember. I hate that show so much.
 
How could you dislike Friends and Road Rules -vs- Real World?! :mad:
 
Originally posted by milefile
Bill Burroughs, Paul Bowles, Mary Shelley, Albert Camus, Jean Paul Sartre, Jack Kerouac...

Yes. I am familiar with reading.:rolleyes:

This thread is about TV though.
Didn't mean to "jack" your thread.
The Question was asked, and I quote, "What would we do w/o cable or dish?"
I just added my two cents.

Anyway, there is nothing NEW on TV worth watching, IMHO.
And not a lot old now that I think about it. :lol:
Thank God for an extensive VHS and DVD library.:lol:
 
any show becomes bad when it is on for so long only because it attracts viewers. a show should end after 5 or so seasons, or longer if the writers are still being creative.

friends and the simpsons are this way. i hate friends so much because it is considered a hip show. I think this is why other people hate it also. none of the actors on the show can act. it has been the same **** for the past 5 years, and every year they come up with more deranged soap opera bull****. then the advertisements always contain the same dramatic music. its like...... "rachael is getting married, du du dud du. oh, it looks like she wont this time." "rachael is getting pregnant. dududududd." I think eveyone on the show has almost gotten married to eachother atleast once. then the kid is named emma. the most bull**** hollywood mother****ing name there is. you are american! that name mustve been normal in the 17th century, not now!!!!

I dont watch friends. i see it sometimes when a family member has it on. and sometimes i catch these things from seeing the commercials.

i hate the simpons. since 1998 every week has been "lets see what dopey **** homer can do this week". every week he gets dumber and dumber and the plots become more and more far-fetched. I remember when the show actually had storylines to each episode. it seems for the past 5 years they are just riding on all of the stupid character quotes. but people watch it!!! you are all so stupid!!! that is why this **** continues!!!!!

all of these crappy shows have also made it a weekly occasion to have celebrity cameos. WE CANT WRITE A DECENT SCRIPT, SO LETS HAVE CELEBRITIES!!!!!

will and grace, friends, simpsons. all the same.

some shows i like:

-Ed (liking less and less every week)
-Freaks and Geeks (was an awesome show that got cancelled after two seasons)
-The Job (was an awesome show with Dennis Leary that got cancelled after 1 season, then came back for another, then got cancelled.)
-Seinfeld (i hate jews but this show is funny, my father just saw cantstandzya in vegas, hahaha)
-King of the hill (damn funny show. the characters are perfect, so real. has gone the way of the simpsons this season. we cant write a script so lets introduce new characters every week.)
-surreal life (actually good as hell. the WB has been coming up with good show after good show. This is probably the only network that i respect. their reality shows are actually interesting. there was one last year that was like survivor only hiking through alaska that was good. and now there is high school reunion.)

Will think of more later.

The problem with a free market system, network tv, and democracy is that if 99% of people are stupid than they rule everyone else. good tv shows get cancelled because no one watches them, and all we are left with is reality junk.
 
Originally posted by advanR


-Seinfeld (i hate jews but this show is funny, my father just saw cantstandzya in vegas, hahaha)


:confused: :confused: :confused:

Part of me wants to know, part of me is sure I don't. But what do you mean in the above statement? It was buried in miles of text, but is fairly inflammatory. So I just GOTTA ask.
 
That Fox show 'Cheaters' - man, that thing's got 'show most likely to have a crew member killed' written all over it.

Is there nothing people won't do to get on TV?

Has anyone seen the movie 'Series 7'?
 
Originally posted by advanR

i hate the simpons. since 1998 every week has been "lets see what dopey **** homer can do this week". every week he gets dumber and dumber and the plots become more and more far-fetched. I remember when the show actually had storylines to each episode. it seems for the past 5 years they are just riding on all of the stupid character quotes. but people watch it!!! you are all so stupid!!! that is why this **** continues!!!!!
Dem's fightin' words! :mad: I see what you're saying. I haven't watched the Simpsons on Sunday evening in years, though. I only catch the reruns at 10:00 on weeknights. For a long time the Simpsons was pure genius.



i hate jews... :mad:
That's messed up. Are you serious? I don't even know what to say. Please redeem yourself immediately, and make it good.
 
thanks for pointing that out you people. now i will appear racist. here is me making this good:

i do not like a majority of jewish people. if i am going to meet a jewish person i do not decide before i see them that i will hate them. if they are cool, i will get along with them. i think some jewish people are funny and cool. i DO however think that the different races of the world are different. they dont just look different, the different genes also make them think differently, maybe....... I think most jewish people have some jewish gene that make them different. I do not like this jewish gene. I am not going to go into an explanation for this, because i dont want to offend people (im sure i already have, screw you). I can go into it more through PMs if you like.

note: all neonazis and skin heads. dont bother messaging me, I dont want to join your cult. I do not believe in hurting anyone because of these differences.
 
Originally posted by advanR
thanks for pointing that out you people. now i will appear racist.
Umm... yep.

i do not like a majority of jewish people.
Hmmm... I see. Tell us more.

if i am going to meet a jewish person i do not decide before i see them that i will hate them.
Why, that's mighty white of ya'.

if they are cool, i will get along with them. i think some jewish people are funny and cool.
Oh I see. You are open minded. Good for you.

i DO however think that the different races of the world are different. they dont just look different, the different genes also make them think differently, maybe....... I think most jewish people have some jewish gene that make them different. I do not like this jewish gene.
Sig Heil!

I am not going to go into an explanation for this, because i dont want to offend people
That's probably a good idea. I'd go with it.

(im sure i already have, screw you).
I know you meant "I'm sorry," right?

note: all neonazis and skin heads. dont bother messaging me, I dont want to join your cult. I do not believe in hurting anyone because of these differences.
Phew! I thought you were a bigot for a second.

A little advice: Shut up. You'll never talk your uncapitalized way out of this one.


*edit*

I can't wait 'til Doug sees this :lol:
 
you are right about that last one. people are too closed minded. all people of the world are the same. if you say different you are adolf hitler.

I am not white BTW.

I think we should start another thread about this instead of highjacking the current one. I will probably not post there because i dont want a million flames, but feel free to go there and call me a racist nazi bigot.
 
I started the thread and I have no problem with flaming you right here.
 
Back