What TV Will You Play GT Sport With?

• Thread starter DMacs13
  • 58 comments
My PS4 is currently connected to this:

View attachment 670191
Beautiful TV, no complaints, no input lag that I've noticed.

With that said for me I've realised its to big, sitting in the right place when gaming has become a priority, having to turn your head rather than just move your eyes, adds tenths of second to your reaction times, so for me when GTSport drops, PS4 will be moved back to my trusty 21inch :lol:.
Odd. I sit less than 48" from a 60" Sony and have no issues with head turning changing my reaction times. Maybe because I exclusively use cockpit view.

Odd. I sit less than 48" from a 60" Sony and have no issues with head turning changing my reaction times. Maybe because I exclusively use cockpit view.
Choice of view is probably a big factor, in as much as I'd like to use cockpit, I find GT6 static head annoying, and pcars head movements also annoying. I surmise its because i dont have control, I guess VR in cockpit is something that might tick boxes.

So I use bumper 100% of the time.

It can also be that I jumped up to the bigger size only just recently 8 months ago, after playing on the 21 inch since GT5 released, that I'm still in a transition phase.

Well I'm really looking at the TCL 43inch that's $350 brand new right now but just hoping I can get it cheaper, but I'm not sure if it will get any cheaper than that for Black Friday or cyber Monday.
I see you don't need any advice. Good luck!

Do you notice a lot of input lag?? This is something I'm starting to worry about and now a friend has me looking into monitors because I am trying to get a bit more competitive on the sim racing side of gaming
Not really. The review on Rtings.com for this TV says it only has 33ms of input lag, and I don't notice it, so... *shrug*

Puny 32-inch Samsung 32j5100 that still works like a charm for now, while I had enough budget to upgrade to a 40MU6100, I think it should better spent for building my rig so it can handle PCars 2 and Forza 7 beautifully and smoothly
Plus I'll prolly stick to my trusty ol' fatty PS4 unless it broke down, not sure if Pro PS4s will be advantageous with this kind of TV

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_155529.jpg
    IMG_20170902_155529.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 23
I will play on a 43" Samsung with 4K and HDR, but wont use those features on GT Sport because a have a normal PS4 and don`t plan to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

Samsung LED 1080p 52 inch. we bought it for $100 plus trading my low quality 32 inch. the Image is so crisp. Looks great with my PS4 Pro

I will play on a 43" Samsung with 4K and HDR, but wont use those features on GT Sport because a have a normal PS4 and don`t plan to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.
Standard PS4 does have HDR

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK I Opted for a Full 4K 10Bit Panel with Full HDR of course: Samsung KS7000 55", Love It. So beautiful playing GT Sport on. £829.00 - 6 Years Guarantee Warranty from Richer Sounds Perfect combo for My PS4 Pro.

If you have the space what about a projector? They're more affordable than people may think. I've had an Epson 3020e for nearly 5 years now and it's wonderful. Played lots of GT5 in 3D and it looked terrific at 97" diagonal. Could easily go bigger but my wall isn't wide enough. I painted it with a Sherwin Williams pint of I think Super White satin finish. It's in the basement so was able to paint the surrounding walls flat black for best contrast and light control. I'll use this until it goes out then probably upgrade to a 4K if it's even needed. I can already see the pixels at 1080p point blank.

I'll post a couple pics when I get home.

There are two 3ft tower speakers off to the sides for size reference.
I thought I had decent pics of GT5 but forgot the 3D made them blurry and I couldn't get good focus through the glasses. Oh well. It looked crisp like the others normally.

Last edited:
55" LG B6 OLED, got it on sale at newegg in anticipation for gts but it's got a great picture for all kinds of content so I'm glad I pull the trigger on it.
OLED is a "game changer" as Digital Foundry likes to say. For me it was the only way forward from a plasma screen.

I got my 55" LG C7V OLED yesterday and the few HDR-enabled games I played (F1 2017, The Last of Us) and videos I watched (Forza 7 HDR footage, Chef's Table) on it look amazing! The color spectrum and the light intensity is way better than on a high-end LED TV.

I can't wait to see GTS on this screen! :eek:

When I do eventually buy a PS4 (GTS LE, hopefully) for my GT Sport fix, I will be playing it on this......

wp_20170520_14_51_59_pro-1-jpg.649772
wp_20170528_22_51_15_pro-1-jpg.649773

It's the 2016 model LG 55UH850v. I bought it in May this year for less than half of it's original price. It's a great TV for the price I paid. :D

Back