What type of Graphic upgrades do you want in GT5?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 45 comments
I would like to see an in-car view so u can see the steering wheel, driver changing gears, gauge needles move, especially the boost guage if u have a turbo or supercharger installed. In the replay i would like to see the driver a bit more instead of just the sillouette of the driver through the window but keep the roll cage thats a nice touch. All that would make a very nice picture in photo mode and video for replays. Oh ya i almost forgot, for normal carz they should show the window down like u see in videos such as Best MOTORing and the reverse light actually going on too. Im done. Later :)

When u watch racing on TV and u see a car downshifting to make a turn, and u see the fire coming out of the exhaust for about 2-3 seconds?......they should do that in the game instead of the half a second puff of fire out the exhaust. That would be good 👍

- Headlights that work
- Rain, weather
- Day and Night

In my opinion, Vision GT is just what Kazunori wanted GT4 to be. However, hardware limitations of the PS2 were probably reached by GT4.

I don't think anyones mentioned yet:
-Real panel gaps, they're still just black lines in GT4
-Full 3D wheels while racing. It's not often you get a look at the wheels while racing, but when you do, they look awful.

Both of those seem pretty likely to me.

I have a few things wich i'd like to see in GT5.

Fully functional 2-Player mode
I want the 2-Player mode to be exactly like Single Player mode but with the screen divided in two. This includes all the cars and all the tracks with all the options that are available in Single Player to be available for the 2-Player mode.

More variety in cars
I as many others am tired of seeing so many useless cars in the GT games,especially GT4. PD need to cut down on all those small Japanese boxes and decrease the amount of Nissan Skylines's and other cars that are represented in the game by over 20 different types of the same car. Add more American and European cars.

Selectable weather and time conditions
I want to have the option to select when i want to race and in what conditions. If i want to race at night in the rain i want to be able to do that. That goes for every track and every time of day. Weather conditions can vary from Sunny to Wet and all that's in between.

Audio
This area needs some work. The car sounds are terrible in GT4 when you compare them to real life car sounds. They may they recorded the sounds directly from the engine and the exhaust but it sure doesn't sound like it. I want real sounds. I also want the experience of actually standing on the grid when all the engines start. I want to hear the deafening noise of the cars and the crowds.

I'm not going to mention graphics cause it's obvious that we will see a big difference compared to what we have now. All i want for PD is to use all the power the PS3 has to offer. If they can achieve that then GT5 will look and feel very very real.

Graphics enhancements needed for Vision GT include:

3D Trees that sway in the direction of the wind.
Real spectators on ALL the tracks, not just the rally tracks.
3D Skies with moving clouds, ETC.
Weather effects such as falling rain and snow, random weather conditions.
More spectacular tire smoke.
Tire blowouts with individual pieces of tire scattered all over the place.
Damage (as realistic as possible).
Blown engines with oil being spattered on the track.
A choice of shinier, 3D rims.
Cars need to get dirty (with dirt, dead flies, bird crap ETC.)
In a very long race like a 24 Hour race, day must turn into night and back to day.
More cars on the track (we know we will be getting this).
Animated track marshalls.
Visual tire wear.
Tires should put down rubber and skid marks on the track during the race.
More options for visual car customisation (rear wings and rims that aren't even shiny are not enough).
In car camera views.
Better looking spectators, pit crews etc.

superhodge
Also things like the crazy man who ran on to the track at the spanish gran prix :dunce:
No, that's just ridiculous. No one wants to see a man in a kilt waving a sign reading "Read the Bible. The Bible is always right."

(I coulda sworn the Bible had a rule reading "Thou shalt not jump onto the track in the middle of a race.") :P

Here are my suggestions:

Selectable time and weather for Arcade mode (I'd probably set it to noon with sunny weather every time. :P)

Visible drivers and clearer windows

Cosmetic upgrades including paint jobs, decals, window tints, etc.

Real headlights and real darkness at night

More subdued-looking custom wings, with different cars having different styles available, with ground effects also included.

Smoke and other ugly behavior when a car's engine is damaged.

Bluish headlight glows on cars with xenon headlights.

Realistic reflections and chrome.

Graphics don't make the game this is true...but what it does make is the immersion factor, something I find a little lacking in the gt series.

More cars on the track and people/pit crews ect. all milling about will be a noticeable improvement in that area.

I would like to see really hi-res enviroments. trees swaying in the wind, birds flying, etc. It would be really cool to see that, and have the sound to match (like hearing the birds and the trees rustle)

It would be nice to take the b-spec a little further.Maybe like a career mode where you have to manage financial, sponsors, employees (pit crew).........you get the idea.
Also car design would be good, not just visual mods also things like areodynamic research in wind tunnels, tyre design, bassically the idea to redesign a car.Again take it as far as possible.

Well , keep it real. Gabkicks , You know Live for speed. What about a renewed car-setup screen. LFS style , with visible changes i.e. LIVE camber + actual camber.

scrap the animals, just not neccesary.

Gabkicks
I want more exterior mods, common and rare body and aero kits. A painting system even more advanced than the one in juiced and forza combined.

I entirely agree! Maybe a bit more in depth, like in nfsu2, forza, or juiced.
Especially a paint system! Body mods/kits would be a sure hit too. ( they're not just for tuners!!!!!) :dopey:

1. Things happening in the environment, ie. planes flying over, boats sailing around on water (Wipeout games on PS1 had planes and airships, surely a PS3 can do this stuff well).

2. Realistic lights on the cars, ie. reverse lights that come on when you reverse, headlights coming on in a tunnel, come to think of it, how about 'working' headlights, where their light is the main source of lighting the track ahead on night tracks and in tunnels! If its going to have car damage, maybe the hazard lights flash when you hit something hard, or blow the engine, I'm pretty sure the WRC rallycars do this when they are heavily damaged (real WRC racing, not Gran Turismo).

3. (I think this has been mentioned before, but I'll say it again!) The cars to get properly dirty, with flies, mud, dust, oil, brake dust on wheels etc, and snow to build up on the cars in the snow/ice rally races.

4. If you use a PSP as a controller, which I think is going to be possible between a PS3 and PSP over the WiFi, the instruments, lap times and other screen info are on the PSP screen, leaving the main TV screen clear, with just the lovely view of your car and the track.

Most of the stuff has be mentioned before but something I've been praying for in games are custom decals. Maybe load them from a memory stick so you make them on you computer and use them in game. Maybe also a way to do custom paint in game (IE: Something better than Paint but not as hardcore as photoshop). I remember something a long time ago, I think it was in one of the Ridge Racers, not sure, but you could actually paint your own lines, designs and make completely custom paint jobs, unbelievable no one else has implemented it yet.

I've never seen forza's or juiced's paint systems, but I can tell you that I found Midnight club 3 was miles ahead. They should base their design off of MC3's with a custom painting system IMO :D.

Back