What type of room do you use?

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 43 comments

Which type of room do you look for?

• Total voters
Australia
Sydney
Stavingo
Purely out of curiosity, just want to see how many people go into drift trial rooms now due to last update.

Also interested to see how many people use other modes because I can't find many random lobbies :( (Cafe rooms just seem to be void of you guys since I'm in a bad timezone)

Myself personally, more of a free run person but that depends on who is running the room and who I'm drifting with.

Going to add a poll, if your answer isn't in the poll, specify with a reply below.

Is there a certain type of room that forces the points to be displayed on screen? I absolutely hate the points system in GT. I don't play GT6 that much, and I almost never host, so I don't play around with options.

I have /Dynasty/ Lobbys open most days under cafe.

Fair enough, I'm fine with whatever we classify our drifting rooms under but it's weird and troublesome to go through all these type of rooms just to find a normal drift lobby.

Fair enough, I'm fine with whatever we classify our drifting rooms under but it's weird and troublesome to go through all these type of rooms just to find a normal drift lobby.
Most big name Lobbys are under cafe from what I've seen some people have not switched over yet though.

Well, since its difficult to find any lobbies in normal mode, they just moved on to drift trials (including me). The only way you'll get the scoring system is if you do laps and even then you can just turn off the display.

yeah I like the drift trial concept been trying rooms where we drift for the time limit then vote for a new track and keep going like that as im sick of being stuck on the same track all the time, bit like forza style and getting some cash never hurts

Drift trials. Those times I host myself, it's usually limited to CH, RWD (at least most of the times) and some PP-limitation, depending on what I feel like. Just so there won't be any "superspeeders" joining if I feel like taking it easy and going slow.:)
I've had some 4WD-lobbies too, but then there are those people that can't really drift 4WD and keep crashing into everything/everyone. Why can't people learn offline?:confused:

I'm with moving to DT, cbf looking for a normal lobby, that is if nobody from JDMT is on :lol:

As for the scoring system. lol.
If you cut the course on Stowe I noticed it won't give you a score for the rest of the lap (as in it doesn't come up at all, no stupid thing flashing in your face), not sure if it applies for the rest of the tracks.

I'm only offline, but all of my drifting is now in DT mode purely for the extra lock.

@iTranz, yep, every track I've been on, the counter only stays if you stick to the 'correct' track.

Streets of willow is a good one for avoiding the counter, many different 'incorrect' routes.

I've noticed if you run full laps backwards, then you have to unlap your self to get the counter going again... Or atleast it seems that way.

If I go to SOW and run my favourite section, the hairpins right by the start line, but I run it anti clock wise, if I have a session of 15 or so laps at the hairpins, then go for a full lap, it won't count, it's almost as if, because I've gone over the start/finish backwards 15 times, I need to undo those 15 backwards passes before it starts the counter again...

Hope that made sense

I host normal lobbies, I find the cars handle better, less noobs running around, don't need the extra lock to get big angle and tuning is half normal. I found I had to run 0 camber, positive front toe and rediculously stiff shocks for it to even behave on the track. My lobbies are generally driving for pleasure or race for fun.

I host normal lobbies, I find the cars handle better, less noobs running around, don't need the extra lock to get big angle and tuning is half normal. I found I had to run 0 camber, positive front toe and rediculously stiff shocks for it to even behave on the track. My lobbies are generally driving for pleasure or race for fun.
You've found that much difference in physics?

I can use exactly the same setups, and they feel the same, but in free run I need to be careful with aggressive initiations and transistions, as I'll end up running out of steering otherwise.

But apart from steering lock, and therefore faster rack rate, I see no difference in physics.

I've even run my time attack cars at the Ring on DT to check...

They have to bring back the old classification. This is the first think you learn at school , keep it short and simple !!!!
The amount of times I've heard this over the years

"KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid".

Very common phrase on British building sites.

Is there a certain type of room that forces the points to be displayed on screen? I absolutely hate the points system in GT. I don't play GT6 that much, and I almost never host, so I don't play around with options.

In all fairness, a lot of people just go reverse, or sections nowadays. The annoyance from the points is minimal, really. :)

Drift Trials only now. When I host a lobby it's on CAFE mode (simply beacuse it's for chills) called "NO POINTS, JUST TSUISO". Sections only or, at most reverse tracks.
It's true that a lot of "point drifters" jump in - when public lounge - unfortunately. Simple procedure (as in any other lobby) join the band or get going.

You've found that much difference in physics?

I can use exactly the same setups, and they feel the same, but in free run I need to be careful with aggressive initiations and transistions, as I'll end up running out of steering otherwise.

But apart from steering lock, and therefore faster rack rate, I see no difference in physics.

I've even run my time attack cars at the Ring on DT to check...
I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say your on DS3?? And yeah huge difference. There's seems to be a huge dead zone in the steering when the front tyres are where they should be and it throws me off. Also found an issue with how the rear breaks and gains traction to feel spastic also, but can't work out what that it.

There no difference in physics for me... I switch back to normal mode occasionaly and the only thing I notice is the lack of steering angle.
Out of curiousity what average spring rates do you use?? I'm wondering whether I should try something a little different. I currently use 9-7kg in almost everything. Just wondering whether that's not half my issue.

Out of curiousity what average spring rates do you use?? I'm wondering whether I should try something a little different. I currently use 9-7kg in almost everything. Just wondering whether that's not half my issue.
I use something similar like that but it just depends on what car.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say your on DS3?? And yeah huge difference. There's seems to be a huge dead zone in the steering when the front tyres are where they should be and it throws me off. Also found an issue with how the rear breaks and gains traction to feel spastic also, but can't work out what that it.
Nope dfgt.

I also drift alot on lfs, so I'm fully aware of how it should feel...

Free run feels like lfs (37°), DT mode feels like lfs with a steering lock mod giving about 45° of steering.

I tend to use 8kg on the front with 6kg on the rear, so that shouldn't be your issue.

I think the main issue is very low FFB when the tyres are at optimum slip angle.

The inputs and reactions are the same, just the feel through the wheel is different.

It's also worth noting that the only difference in my setups between lfs and GT is ARB rates.

Minimum front and rear on lfs, but stiff front /soft rear on GT....

Back