What type of room do you use?

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 43 comments

Which type of room do you look for?

• Total voters
I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say your on DS3?? And yeah huge difference. There's seems to be a huge dead zone in the steering when the front tyres are where they should be and it throws me off. Also found an issue with how the rear breaks and gains traction to feel spastic also, but can't work out what that it.

I feel it too. Maybe its our tuning style.

Out of curiousity what average spring rates do you use?? I'm wondering whether I should try something a little different. I currently use 9-7kg in almost everything. Just wondering whether that's not half my issue.

Using the same rates on every car isn't gonna work as well as it did in GT5 unless they're all very similiar weight/wheelbase. Suspension seems to have a much larger effect than it did in GT5.

9/7 is probably perfect and close to what I would use for a car hanging around the 1200-1250kg (2600-2750lbs?) area.

Although, on my 1450kg(3200lbs) Chaser I run 18/12, and it's a considerably longer wheelbase than the lighter cars I have, so you can sort of see the pattern.

--

OT: 80%+ of the time normal mode, unless friends are in a DT.

I don't know... I just find it strange when everybody has extra lock, it's not like everybody at a drift event in real life is gonna have a wisefab kit. I just want to drift, I don't need an aid to let me get HELLA ANGLE YO.

Also, albeit I'm on DS3, but I don't notice a difference in physics, it just feels like back in the GT5 hybrid days when you edited your steering lock in hex. I neither see a reason for them to change the physics in DT mode, I'm 100% sure it's the same just with extra lock.

Last edited:
Using the same rates on every car isn't gonna work as well as it did in GT5 unless they're all very similiar weight/wheelbase. Suspension seems to have a much larger effect than it did in GT5.

9/7 is probably perfect and close to what I would use for a car hanging around the 1200-1250kg (2600-2750lbs?) area.

Although, on my 1450kg(3200lbs) Chaser I run 18/12, and it's a considerably longer wheelbase than the lighter cars I have, so you can sort of see the pattern.

--

I don't know... I just find it strange when everybody has extra lock, it's not like everybody at a drift event in real life is gonna have a wisefab kit. I just want to drift, I don't need an aid to let me get HELLA ANGLE YO.

Also, albeit I'm on DS3, but I don't notice a difference in physics, it just feels like back in the GT5 hybrid days when you edited your steering lock in hex. I neither see a reason for them to change the physics in DT mode, I'm 100% sure it's the same just with extra lock.
I run between 800 and 1200kg cars, anything heavier and it feels wrong in my opinion. I was just hoping that maybe my spring rates were wrong in an easier attempt to fix the issue. My main problem I think I found is the wheel goes really light. I've increased my damper heaps, and to reduce the added lock I've even changed my front toe, sometimes into the positive figures. I've found this helps a fair bit, but still can't get used to it. It seems like my wheel has a bug in it and goes dead, but race
mode is fine.

I feel it too. Maybe its our tuning style.

Or driving style even.Guess I know who to hang out with in game then :P

Agree. Won't work at all. I have to fine tune all suspensions with diferent values for each car. I simply go by the "feeling" of it and no more "universal" suspension settings. In this particular I think it's more realistic (?) or at least an improvement. The Chaser is naturally much stiffer then the rest I drift with. Requires a diferent setting.

Regarding the extra lock; yes, I regard the "normal" drift lobbies (normal lock) as more of street legal type of drift, while the DT's seem more of a track legal type. The physics feel exactly the same to me also. I tried a "normal" lobby the other day and it actually seemed easier, or at least faster...more straight forward.
In the end, it's all a matter of personal preference, ofc, but to tandem, I definitely prefer more wheel angle.

--

Regarding the steering angle.

I've been faffing about with LFS alot recently, plus a lock mod giving up to 70° of steering angle.

The wisefab kits give 'over 60°', after some testing with lfs and GT, normal mode in GT feels like ~37° of lock, with DT feeling like ~47° of lock.

I run 67° on my 1000+bhp turbo V8 Silvia and that's capable of much higher sustained angle throughout the corner, than any of my GT cars in either mode.

By sustained, I mean that I can still get reverse entries with 37-47°, but I have to straighten the drift earlier so I don't spin when I get on the power.

With 67° I can enter backwards and catch the slide over 90°, sustaining the huge angle throughout the drift all the way to the exit clip/transition.

My point is that DT doesn't give wisefab levels of lock, but more like normal (budget) lock mods.

Regarding the steering angle.

I've been faffing about with LFS alot recently, plus a lock mod giving up to 70° of steering angle.

The wisefab kits give 'over 60°', after some testing with lfs and GT, normal mode in GT feels like ~37° of lock, with DT feeling like ~47° of lock.

I run 67° on my 1000+bhp turbo V8 Silvia and that's capable of much higher sustained angle throughout the corner, than any of my GT cars in either mode.

By sustained, I mean that I can still get reverse entries with 37-47°, but I have to straighten the drift earlier so I don't spin when I get on the power.

With 67° I can enter backwards and catch the slide over 90°, sustaining the huge angle throughout the drift all the way to the exit clip/transition.

My point is that DT doesn't give wisefab levels of lock, but more like normal (budget) lock mods.

One day young padawan the steering lock hacks will return to GT6, with actual competition spec steering angles :lol:

DT mode all the way, with the right people it's much more fun to drift on. I feel its a lot more fluent! I just wish more people would use it. The extra angle feels so natural.

Only reason I hung back on Normal mode was because I was in a championship! After it ended I went straight to DT.

Down side to DT mode is that there is no competitions worth doing at the moment, if that's what you like. If not it's a awesome place to be!!

I kinda miss drifting with some people, if it was merely a tuning option on fully custom suspension, people who don't like extra lock could drift with those that do and vice versa.

But NO...

Perhaps soon we'll be able to *illicitly* modify the lock so that people who like it can come back to normal mode.

/kazlogic

I kinda miss drifting with some people, if it was merely a tuning option on fully custom suspension, people who don't like extra lock could drift with those that do and vice versa.

But NO...

Perhaps soon we'll be able to *illicitly* modify the lock so that people who like it can come back to normal mode.

/kazlogic

If they really cared about drifting, they would have sorted out the smoke a while ago. I don't think steering angle options will be in game simply because other things holding back the drifting community haven't gotten solved over the last month(s) .

I think the smoke was to fix some of the lag issues that were happening. Does it suck? Yes, but it makes the game a little smoother so I'll deal with it.

I think the smoke was to fix some of the lag issues that were happening. Does it suck? Yes, but it makes the game a little smoother so I'll deal with it.

The game was smooth, and because of the **** smoke tandeming is extremely difficult with more cars, and that is the whole purpose of the game in my book, so for me it doesn't suck.

The smoke before did cause frame rate drop at times Dom. I do like the smoke, you kind of just get used to it.

Trains become easier the more you do it, especially if you do it with people you are confident driving with. I find that if you keep close enough you can read of them where abouts on the track you are etc. It's just practice. Not to forget if you know the track really well then it just gets a lot more easier.

The smoke before did cause frame rate drop at times Dom. I do like the smoke, you kind of just get used to it.

Trains become easier the more you do it, especially if you do it with people you are confident driving with. I find that if you keep close enough you can read of them where abouts on the track you are etc. It's just practice. Not to forget if you know the track really well then it just gets a lot more easier.

How long do you think I've been drifting for? 2 weeks?

Besides, there are only 2 drifters on GT6 I completely trust. And as far as I know, one of them quit. The third person I trust to tandem with, is still on GT5.

The smoke is an issue. It always will be, and they should fix it. There is no reason they shouldn't, really. :s

Back