What View Do You Use?

• Thread starter milefile
  • 39 comments
I have always used chase view, the far back one (except for a brief try with the closer-up one). The inside view sucks to me. It's not realistic at all, although it would be if you were really in a car. But your not. And the closer-up chase view just doesn't feel right to me. I think I like to see around the car as well as in front of it. What about you?

I usually go with Chase #2, but sometimes I go to the bumper cam or the hell of it. I can feel the slipping of cars good with the bumper cam, and I can usually get bette times with it.

I use the 1st behind car view, but sometimes I use the 'in-car' view for lining up slipstreams and occasionally in the License tests

I use the in-car view. But if I want to see who's alongside me, I change it for a moment (but never while downshifting, too easy to make stupid mistakes).

One nice thing about the chase view is that you can see the car. Although some of the cars do look downright stupid from behind... too tall and narrow. And what I can only assume is supposed to be a "shine" or "glimmer" effect on the car looks like a few pixels just blinking on and off.

Chase #2 is most "fun", but In-Car is most realistic.

A lot of times In-Car is faster also, since you're not overcorrecting a wagging tale when watching the Chase #1 or #2 views.

i have the overall view setting set to narrow, but it doesn't really latter since i stay in the car most of the time.
i only leave to check what's going on on either side of the car.

With the chase views, you tend to "watch" the car, instead of driving the car.

Bah!!! What fun is it to drift inside the car. lol

I usually use the 3rd view. but once I'm pretty comfortable I like to go to the bumper view once in a while , I rely on my conditioned responce I come to have memorized from racing the track in the othe chase views. It certainly adds a different perspective and some times learn a different line. I think it's wild. I drive manually , and will change the view sometimes to see the other cars around me.

I can't belive that you still drive in chase viev. What kind of a wuss position is that?
Tell me, when you drive a real car, do you also get out of the fu..ing car and drive it while standing 5 feet behind????
This is a wuss forum!

Originally posted by Shemsi
I can't belive that you still drive in chase viev. What kind of a wuss position is that?
Tell me, when you drive a real car, do you also get out of the fu..ing car and drive it while standing 5 feet behind????
This is a wuss forum!

Easy there Sparky... it's a video game.

Originally posted by denith
Did I mention that In-car isn't realistic?

Exactly. People talk about it like it's real or something. It is not even close to realistic. For starters you have no peripheral view, essential to driving a "real" car. Also, you can see none of the car. It is really a bumper view. Chase 2 is my preference because I can see what's coming up, see what's around me, and in general orient myself in the 2D world.

Originally posted by ShemsiThis is a wuss forum!

He he he... he said "wuss"... he he he...

Attachments

• small-bnb.gif
    small-bnb.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 42
Back