What View Do You Use?

• Thread starter milefile
  • 39 comments
Originally posted by milefile

Exactly. People talk about it like it's real or something. It is not even close to realistic. For starters you have no peripheral view, essential to driving a "real" car. Also, you can see none of the car. It is really a bumper view. Chase 2 is my preference because I can see what's coming up, see what's around me, and in general orient myself in the 2D world.

As we say in Croatian:
Jebo ti ja mrtvu mater!!

Or: I never said it was a real game!
But you must admit it has a big dose of reality.
Much bigger then some other games.
And still the bumper view kicks ass!!!

Stoko pederska americka!!!

Originally posted by Shemsi

As we say in Croatian:
Jebo ti ja mrtvu mater!!

Or: I never said it was a real game!
But you must admit it has a big dose of reality.
Much bigger then some other games.
And still the bumper view kicks ass!!!

Ummm... okay.

Doses of reality tend not to happen to me while sitting in front of the boob tube playing video games. I always thought video games were more of a diversion.

Or as we say in American:
Get a Life! :lol:

Well, I play my F1 Championship Edition (caution: older than GT2) games in the just-behind the bumper view. Probably because the physics aren't very realistic and the polygon-rendering isn't quite up to scratch compared to GT2.

But hey, you can race at Spa!

Originally posted by Shemsi
Oh, and another thing, at least post a translation...I could insult other members in Japanese on this forum, but what's the point if nobody knows what you said?!?

In car view, forever, it's way more precise when cutting corners and all that... at least here you see where your nose is...

and denith, you could've said the same in ONE post... is't that amazing?

greetze, Zembla

I think in car view is more exciting than chase, but there is no peripheral vision in the bumper view. I use first chase, but with my personal view options its almost 2nd chase.

If I race for fun, and not to win I will use in-car. Drifting, spinning, and driving straight into the sandpit or tyrewall take on a new edge in this view. Its cool when you spin at high speed, and cant see for your own smoke.

Drivers view (if it existed) would be best: especially with supercars, where visibility could be more realistic. You'd also get a feel of where your car is around you, which is missing with in-car.

Latest Posts

Back