What was your favorite cartoon and series as a kid?

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 267 comments
One other thing I don't like about Cartoon Network (besides their advertising approach) is when they air Adventure Time. Atm they only offer 1 new episode a week (only one 15 minute episode in a week period, and they air at least 10 episodes daily), and the episode seems to be randomly picked from the current season (Season 5), which has been running continuously since mid-2012 :grumpy:. In reality the 'newest' episode I've seen is about 6 months old

My favorites. I still watch cartoons now. :D:

• Johnny Bravo
  • Spongebob SquarePants
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Cow and Chicken
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • The Powerpuff Girls (yes, I just said that.)
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Johnny Test
  • Scooby Doo (any version)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Dragon Ball
  • Sonic X
  • Kirby Right Back at Ya!
  • Pokemon (original)
  • TMNT
  • Ed, Edd, and Eddy
  • Catdog
  • Rugrats
As a very small child:
  • Zoboomafoo
  • The Big Comfy Couch
  • Arthur
  • Between the Lions
  • Dora the Explorer (unfortunately)
  • Blues Clues
  • Bear in the Big Blue House
  • Some other crap I can't remember

Last edited:
My favorites. I still watch cartoons now. :D:

• Johnny Bravo
  • Spongebob SquarePants
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Cow and Chicken
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • The Powerpuff Girls (yes, I just said that.)
  • Fairly Odd Parents
  • Johnny Test
  • Scooby Doo (any version)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Dragon Ball
  • Sonic X
  • Kirby Right Back at Ya!
  • Pokemon (original)
  • TMNT
  • Ed, Edd, and Eddy
  • Catdog
  • Rugrats
As a very small child:
  • Zoboomafoo
  • The Big Comfy Couch
  • Arthur
  • Between the Lions
  • Dora the Explorer (unfortunately)
  • Blues Clues
  • Some other crap I can't remember
Forgot those in mine

I'm still a kid, but I still enjoy those shows I watched when I was younger. And in no particular order;

Tom and Jerry, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Scooby Doo Show, Scooby and Scrabby Doo, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, A Pup named Scooby Doo (apparently I watched Scooby Doo a lot), Top Cat, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, the original Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Jetsons. That pretty much sums it up... We only had Cartoon Network prior to '08. :P

I still watch a lot of cartoons. Massive Simpsons fan but also grew up watching Rocko's Modern Life and all the Nickelodeon cartoons like CatDog, Hey Arnold, Ah Real Monsters. Other stuff like Daria and Fairly Odd Parents were awesome. Loved Dragon Ball Z too.

Honestly, the fact that people find it necessary to say that they "still" watch animation is kind of ridiculous, considering the fact that animation is inherently a superior medium over live-action for story telling, due to the fact that you can show anything which you can draw / render, while in live-action you can only show what you are able to capture on film.

No-one has mentioned Bear in the Big Blue House yet either (although aimed at younger children):

I need to stop posting on this thread...

I loved it as a kid too. I loved old Cartoon Network till I was 9, I wanted to grow up and stopped watching cartoons (that was a mistake, being an adult isn't cool) came back to it in 2007, I still watch them. I'm more into old ones like Rescue Rangers and Ducktales even though I didn't watch them as a kid, which I regret.

Hm, my favourites were Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles and the Pink Panther cartoons. Also, Dragon Ball Z, later on.

Born in '88, by the way.

Pokemon definitely. A shame that all it is now is recycling old material without adding anything fresh.

Others inlude: Simpsons (my family would always used to stop whatever we were doing at 6 just so we can watch the Simpsons :lol). Yu-Gi-Oh (mainly 5D's). Tom and Jerry and we even had old VCRs of Popeye.

When I was young my favourite show was a documentary series called Great Planes. It was from the early 90's and my library had about 6 episodes on videocassette. Another one of my favourites was a series called Building Big with David Macaulay. Here's an example of each:

Yes, I was a very nerdy kid.

Favourite cartoons...
Well some you guys may not have heard of, but:

- Powerpuff Girls
- Tom and Jerry
- Thomas The Tank Engine
- Budgie The Little Helicopter
- Pocket Dragons
- Ducktales
- Looney Tunes
- Mona The Vampire
- Codename: KND
- Pokeman
- Thundercats
- The Pink Panther
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Cubix

I think those were my top cartoons/animations. Now to go watch KND all over again.

On the topic of childhood cartoons, I've recently started to begin my Saturday mornings the same way I began them as a kid.

Get up relatively early, grab a bowl of cereals and watch a few randomly selected episodes of the 90's cartoon's I enjoyed back in the day :lol:

I remember back when I was a Toddler, my favourite programs were teletubbies, maisy mouse (I think that's what it's called) and my personal favourite at the time Thomas the Tank Engine.

As I got older Pokemon took centre stage for my attention.

I really enjoyed the surreal stuff like The Clangers, Magic Roundabout, Trapdoor and Bagpuss. Perhaps my overall favourite was Rainbow because Zippy still makes me laugh to this day.

Honourable mention to the likes of Masters of the Universe, Captain Planet, Attack of the Killer Tomatos and of course Turtles.

Edit: almost forgot Thunderbirds and Stingray. Banana Man was pretty out there too, I still remember the opening dialogue and theme tune.

Jackie Chan Adventures (I used to look forward to this the most, my favourite one.)
Droopy and Dripple
The Woody Woodpecker Show
Scooby-Doo
Arthur
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines
Popeye
Dennis the Menace and Gnasher
The Cramp Twins
Rugrats
Hey Arnold
Recess
Inspector Gadget
Mona the Vampire
Spider-Man
Dexter's Laboratory
The Mask
The Real Ghostbusters
The Pink Panther
Looney Tunes
Tom and Jerry
The Simpsons

Some Children TV shows I liked:
Aquila
Mike and Angelo
Bodger & Badger (RIP Andy)
ChuckleVision
Sooty
The Queen's Nose
The Ghost Hunter
Bernard's Watch
The Demon Headmaster
Kenan and Kel
The Basil Brush Show
Dick & Dom in da Bungalow
Zzzap!
Rosie and Jim
Finger Tips
Art Attack

Probably missed a few, used to watch whatever was on even if it was likes of Titch, Tweenies, Teletubbies, Bob the Builder and S Club 7.

I watched a lot as a kid but here's a list of a few shows I mostly liked to watch.

Spongebob
Tom an Jerry
CatDog
Futurama
Jimmy Neutron
Edd Ed n Eddy
Fairly Odd Parents
Drake and Josh
Codename Kids Next Door
Danny Phantom
Teen Titans

I watched a lot as a kid but here's a list of a few shows I mostly liked to watch.

Spongebob
Tom an Jerry
CatDog
Futurama
Jimmy Neutron
Edd Ed n Eddy
Fairly Odd Parents
Drake and Josh
Codename Kids Next Door
Danny Phantom
Teen Titans
Watched them too as well. ROFL good times.

Back