What was your most shocking thought when GT1 came out?

But in GT1, selling an LM car didn't get you any more money. All prize cars were worth Cr12,000, even Demios! Perhaps you are thinking of GT2? The Red Rock Valley cash-machine. (Or perhaps you just didn't realize...)

Money is money in any game.

What Sportwagon means there was no gain to win a long hard series to get a LM car to sell over a easy short series to win a Demio, as both sold for 12,000 credits.
GT2 was the game when LM sold for big bucks.

The result was you considered more what prize money was given. So the Normal Series was a pretty good deal, even though it was somewhat long. And the Mega-Speed was reckoned to be the most time-wise efficient.

The LM-giving series (XXvsYY) weren't particularly lucrative, but, true, did pay enough for quite a lot of mods, and were for a long time very engaging--something about them all being similar, and yet different, somehow. The GTC also gave an LM car, and was the only non-LM event to award an LM car (although many LM events could be won with non-LM cars; some easily).

(Excepting the Nismo GT-R LM from the All-Night II which really wasn't an LM car).

Alright, properly I should make a distinction between just race-modified (e.g. XXvsYY), and proper LM events (GT-I and two enduroes only--and those common fields also included race-modifieds). I.e. perhaps I should distinguish between normal, LM and RM, not just normal and LM.

Of course, the XXvsYY were engaging for (what seemed at that time) a long time, because getting the license for the rest of the events was too difficult, as was the Normal where you couldn't cheat, er, I mean modify your cars.

But in GT1, selling an LM car didn't get you any more money. All prize cars were worth Cr12,000, even Demios! Perhaps you are thinking of GT2? The Red Rock Valley cash-machine. (Or perhaps you just didn't realize...)
Of course I realize, That was a lot of money when you started playing GT1, FT0 LM and all the other duplicates were sold to update all my other cars for quite sometime, I know about RRV and that money making venture, It's one of the reasons GT1 got pushed aside! 12,000 was good money in GT1, Especially when you stack the cars up and then sell them.

Oh I get it now: GT1=seeking money gained from the race itself. GT2=seeking money gained from the prize car (usually the Speed 12) since the race itself doesn't pay so much.

Last edited:
Of course I realize.
Sorry, when I said "didn't", I meant when you first got the game. I.e. the time you were first playing, not the time when you composed the post.

Fair enough. Need for Speed is definitely cool, but I still like GT 10x more. They're both great concepts. I frickin' wish NFS didn't have that stupid exclusive contract on certain cars, tho. :ouch:

Last edited:
i think the only exclusive licence they have is for porsche and ruf is a good "replacement" :). anyway, nfs has lost its appeal to me since ea keeps throwing out half finished sequels that center more about some story than the driving itself, so now the title clearly goes to gt.

i think the only exclusive licence they have is for porsche and ruf is a good "replacement" :). anyway, nfs has lost its appeal to me since ea keeps throwing out half finished sequels that center more about some story than the driving itself, so now the title clearly goes to gt.

Don't forget Ferrari and Lamborghini. Maserati too, and M-series Beemers I think...and ha ha SportWagon. ;)

Last edited:
yes i also agree NFS has lost its appeal when it was first released i bought the original and have all sequels (hehe) on the odd occasion i will pop it into the ps2 to give it a go, now onto the main topic my shocking moment was being introduced to all those cars, GT started my car career and it been great.

That's the reason i started using my brother's playstation. As most of you know, gran turismo is the most trading and merchant game of playstation. And it deserves that. The best racing game ever.

That's the reason i started using my brother's playstation. As most of you know, gran turismo is the most trading and merchant game of playstation. And it deserves that. The best racing game ever.

Amen to that! Yeah, GT has many flaws but it's still a better game with plenty of longevity. Other games I'll play a few weeks but GT I've been at for 3 years almost.

Last edited:
Back