What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
GTPstart.JPG GTPturn1.JPG GTPturn1exit.JPG GTPchicane.JPGGTPchicaneExit.JPG GTPfinalcorners.JPG GTPoverview.JPG GTPfunny.JPG
@wiithepeople Thought you might be interested in making this too :) I couldn't resist suggesting it too you :)

I looked up more about my route on the previous page. It's 0.5 miles long. and this is a picture of the start line in real life. I wonder how accurate we can make our scenary...

Attachments

• yl2eXuN.png
    yl2eXuN.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
View attachment 83275 View attachment 83278 View attachment 83279 View attachment 83280View attachment 83281 View attachment 83282 View attachment 83283 View attachment 83284
@wiithepeople Thought you might be interested in making this too :) I couldn't resist suggesting it too you :)

I looked up more about my route on the previous page. It's 0.5 miles long. and this is a picture of the start line in real life. I wonder how accurate we can make our scenary...

This post reminds me of the Ghost Town from one of the latest episodes of Top Gear, where they made a track near Madrid.

I believe it's called Sesena, but I can't find the spots, roundabouts and bridge from the clip above on this map ??

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=sesen...,+Toledo,+Castilla-La+Mancha,+Spanje&t=h&z=16

Depending on the size of the track you can do, I think the first route I'll upload is the two routes I could take to get from my mums house to my dads house, but combine them to create a 10.6 mile loop, with fast straights, dips and drops, chicanes, tight hairpin bends and fast flowing sections.

Be interesting to see how they fair as a track.
track.jpg

Last edited:
Like the Course Maker, you can set different track conditions to each sector. Would be cool to create your own sections of the track, such as a junction instead of a 90 degree corner. And a big change in track-width from very wide to a small one way lane at that same junction.

Like in the comment from Madmupp, on his map I see three junctions that could be translated to corners in GT6, but it would be nice to change them back into junctions, crossings or roundabouds :D

I know, it's wishfull thinking.

That looks and sounds very Nurburgringish
Depending on the size of the track you can do, I think the first route I'll upload is the two routes I could take to get from my mums house to my dads house, but combine them to create a 10.6 mile loop, with fast straights, drips and drops, chicanes, tight hairpin bends and fast flowing sections.

Be interesting to see how they fair as a track.View attachment 83320

There's this route, just out side of where I live that is really fun even with lack of turns, just because of the elevation changes and some of the cambered turns.
09dcec312da614bc36f7c67983c60085.png

12.3 miles. Could be a really fun Road Rally stage.

Or there's this. the old route that used to run around Cannonsville, which got flooded out to be a reservoir for NYC.
d6abf08e1a0f4e6677671191edd57417.png

19.5 miles of Backwoods touge.

Last edited:
That looks and sounds very Nurburgringish

The parts that are in the country are nice and flowing, gets a little slow around the town area, what with traffic lights and traffic. Theres also a bit where you have to go up and over a swing bridge, that would cause the car to go airbourne, which wouldnt be bad except the road quickly swings to the right after the bridge and then leading into a series of S bends. I can imagine that would be the only place that would cause a problem.

I think this would be an epic endurance track,
it is situated in Wicklow (Ireland). It is approx 40km and has an altitude ranging up to 550m with long straights of 2km and tight hairpin bends.View attachment 83321

View attachment 83306 View attachment 83310 View attachment 83311 View attachment 83313 View attachment 83314 View attachment 83317 View attachment 83319
I can see a problem here. There is no way gt6 will be able to replicate the car destroying potholes you have in Ireland :)

Last edited:
I can see a problem here. There is no way gt6 will be able to replicate the car destroying potholes you have in Ireland :)
there are very few on this track, and it would make it exciting trying to avoid them in a Ferrari or Lamborghini :L

Problem with that is that it's highly unlikely you will see any actual buildings in the output - just the track.
Probably right but I hope if not in GT6, then in GT7, you can at least have different themes for custom tracks like City, Countryside, Mountain, Valley etc. and combinations of each. That would really send coursemaker over the top. Another great feature, again not likely in GT6, is the ability to combine and splice together different recorded pieces of GPS data so we can take several good pieces of road and loop them together.

It would seriously be cool if your track layout could connect to each other and make it like a free roam location.

A small point-to-point street circuit

Turn 1: A sharp, tight turn with no room for error- that'll lead to contact with the walls.
Turn 2: Higher speed corner, elevated wall on outside means understeer could cost you
Turn 3-4-5 (chicane): a small chicane designed to slow the cars down for the slightly curved straight
Turn 6; a sharp turn on to a much wider road, more room to play a bit
Turn 7-8-9-10 (chicane): a longer chicane; will allow for slower straight line speeds- reduced risk of braking too late
Turn 11: a tight hairpin

Over to finish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
Some roads near my house.

I will call the track "Circuit Saint-Pierre" because it's on the Mount Saint Peter. It has some huge elevation, a lot of fast turns, two hairpins and some tricky turns and it's 17.4 km (10.8 miles) long.

1384823102-circuit-entier-01.png

And here are some shots of the elevation with a photo of the place in real life.

1384823098-elevation-1-01-01.png

1384823101-elevation-2-01-01.png

;)

I'll go for the old Mugello Road Circuit. it was used from 1914 to 1970. 60km of hellish roads, with 2 mountain passes. :bowdown:

0FDVu6A.png

The direction is anti-clockwise with the starting grid at the F point.

The section from E to D is the same used in the Mille Miglia (Passo della Futa) but here is on the opposite way. Very twisty at the beginning and super fast at the end.

D2naGux.jpg

here some Ferrari prototipe at the end of the 60' brakes at over 290km/h :ill:
SE9akIk.jpg

From C to D is a tremendous hillclimb, with some very dangerous corner.

The first section, from the start line in San Piero to Firenzuola is superb, with some fantastic high speed corners and a fast uphill section until the top of the Giogo Pass. Then, the downhill.

This is my home circuit... I'll be unbeatable here. :lol:

First I'd try this street circuit, with some adjustments (eg. the little chicane bit at the very top would be impossible without some serious traffic violations and risk taking).

7My1gcB.jpg

Then this hill climb:

8sQoUAI.jpg

Shame I can't replicate the view from the summit :(

That gives me an idea...This track is perfect.

fuRwPkF.png

I would learn it with you. :D add me on PSN and remind me about this when you make it? And Ill show you that short one I will make too, i did 3 laps in real life, its a fun city course. :) I hope they allow us some control over the scenery. :) I prefer these shorter tracks anyways, because it takes less time to learn them, and you can create the feeling of having raced a long endurance race in a shorter amount of time because you create a quick lap time. I would estimate my tracks laptime to be no more than 35 seconds in a good handling car.

I hope there is a share function with these tracks, including a rating and a search function, so it is easier for racers to find good courses.

Last edited:
Back