What would make you stop grinding?

• Thread starter Revengel
  • 46 comments

What Would Make You Stop Grinding in Gran Turismo 7?

• A weekly replenishment of 50M Credits

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • A Daily Login Bonus of 10M Credits

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • All Items (Cars, Paints, Parts, etc.) are fully unlocked and usable throughout the game

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Nothing Costs Credits; Items are Unlocked by Skill (License, Menu Books, etc.)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • NOTHING! GRINDING IS MY WAY TO ENJOY THE GAME!

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Other (please explain in the comments)

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By definition here somewhere, Grinding is doing something repeatedly just to get some extra stuff/ credits/ bonuses/ cars.
(Regardless if it is fun or not)
Well I dont grind at all then. I dont get whats the rush to get everything? Why do you want everything if you're not going to race or drive them? Its cool you got every item in a driving game, but can you drive tho? Are you fast? Also, I was under the impression that collect-a-thon gaming mechanics were frowned upon. A lot GT players seem to live for it.

Well I dont grind at all then. I dont get whats the rush to get everything? Why do you want everything if you're not going to race or drive them? Its cool you got every item in a driving game, but can you drive tho? Are you fast? Also, I was under the impression that collect-a-thon gaming mechanics were frowned upon. A lot GT players seem to live for it.
I am like Jay Leno in his garage, all the cars are driven....

Now that I have all the cars (minus the Veneno, waiting for another invite🙄) I don't really need to grind as much. I'm stiil working on getting golds on all the Master S license tests, missions, and circuit experience. Depending on the day, I usually get one or two things checked off.
However, there are 2 things that I think help reduce the grind: the bonus from weekly challenges, and the increased reward on time trials. Yes, I'll take another million (or more) CR every week from less than an hour of driving!

But it would be nice to have more events for Gr.1 and other 800PP+ cars, with corresponding higher rewards. Or bring back the car handicap from GT Sport, I've always enjoyed the challenge of winning with an "underdog" car and making more credits at the same time.

For me it is very simple, each track should have at least one ‘end game’ event for those who have completed the menu books and passed the licenses, which has an equalised payout for say, a race taking approximately 30 minutes, like Le Mans. A fair rate of return would be 3m Cr+ per hour so a 20m unicorn would be obtainable playing for an hour per day over a week at the end game stage. Whilst people would still find the most efficient grind method, there would be a good variety of fruitful options.

I never started grinding in the first place. Instead, I just had a different way of managing my credits. Like if a car shows up in the LCD/UCD that only shows up in a single color - which is especially true of various historic race cars - then I’m willing to wait a while, unless I truly need it for an event in World Circuits.

Similarly, I only buy various tuning parts - including widebodies and engine swaps - when I truly feel that I require them. Otherwise, I’m content renting cars in Sport Mode and winning various parts/engines from tickets.

Even if a certain car does show up in the LCD/UCD and I don’t have it yet, there may be a more particular color I’d prefer to buy it in. Like the older Shelby GT350 with both sets of racing stripes, or a Ferrari F50 in Rosso Corsa.

Last edited:
All cars available as rental cars in World Circuits and Split-Screen Race.

However, as they are rental cars, they will have the following restrictions:

• Rental cars cannot be used in World Circuits events, only in Quick Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and Custom Race.
  • Only car-specific default colors and liveries can be used. You cannot use custom liveries with these cars.
  • Tuning of rental cars will only be based on its default setup, with whatever parameters are available. You cannot upgrade or customize rental cars. (The only upgrades permitted would be the tire compound, however.)
  • Daily Workout progress will not be earned while driving a rental car.

Other. I just want higher and more consistent payouts.

That really should’ve been an option on the poll as that's one of the main difference in GT7 compared to the other numbered games. Inflated car prices vs prize money. (That and the lack of events)

I went other.

I don't really 'grind', I am at the moment because there's two cars in the LCD I'd like to pick up (GT40 and CLK LM), but throwing in one of the big three races from time to time isn't really a chore as they're not bad combos. I don't even know how to AFK grind and haven't rubberbanded the controllers since GTS.

I'm also not a big critic of the economy, as I've said before I'll be playing GT7 until 8 drops, so I don't mind there being a long-term element to it.

In my humble opinion, the best all round option is to give every major track layout at least one ~30min ~500k race. Call it 50 layouts, that's 25,000,000 Cr without replaying a race or CRB, and it's a great opportunity to push players to use a wider variety of cars. Yes it would still take time to accrue a big pot of money, but it would be much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
I would stop grinding if PD gets rid of:
  • Hagerty cars valutation (variation), I'm for fixed values
  • invitation system (it's a ..... .. )
  • the "fake" clear race bonus (rewrite of the rules for the clear race bonus)
  • the rigged roulette

Introduction of a system that allows the player to use every car of the game in arcade/online/customs in acording to the game completion (i.e. if you have the 100% of the game you can use ALL the car of the game) as in GT4 (PS2 era :mischievous:)

IR

Last edited:
Other. I just want higher and more consistent payouts.

That really should’ve been an option on the poll as that's one of the main difference in GT7 compared to the other numbered games. Inflated car prices vs prize money. (That and the lack of events)
In hindsight, having that option would have been a better choice.

What to you would be an acceptable payout? That's going to vary from racer to racer.

I.
Don't.
Grind.

And no matter what PD does they will never be forgiven for how they started the game. A reaction to how hated it was over the payouts is STILL a monetary decision on their part, not a gift.

I.
Don't.
Grind.

And no matter what PD does they will never be forgiven for how they started the game. A reaction to how hated it was over the payouts is STILL a monetary decision on their part, not a gift.
Even if the decision was that of Sony rather than PD? I'm not part of PD nor Sony; I can't confirm my suspicions. But I believe Sony was behind that debacle, ultimately.

As I’m not a “grinder” I thought I should hear from the “Grind Community” if you will. Is there something that would make you stop “grinding” for credits?

Or, is the practice of “grinding” nothing more than a play style for you?

Based on the complaints aired on these forums I suspect most grinders are not doing so for fun.

The poll choices assume prices remain roughly where they currently are.

Looking to hear from everyone, but especially the “Grind Community.”
There should be an editor in an alternative single player scenario. Where we could change every option including start from standstill and starting place. I would pay 200% of the original game price for this feature.

Back