What would YOU find dissapointing in GT5?

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 1,011 comments

Hi fellas ive recently tried this in prologue and its definately present.

Seems odd.
Anyway hope its not in GT5.

It shouldn't

If you pull the handbrake in GT5:P, while going at high speed, the car will do nothing if your pointed straight. If you try the same thing in the GT5 Time Trail the car flips out violently.

Totally different physics engine

If mechanical damage doesn't happen, out of the blue whilst driving.Would be funny if a brake caliper failed & forced me into a wall at 140 mph or a radiator burst.Maybe a fan belt snaps or parts of the electrical system fails leading to complete failure.

1. Lack of options for the WRC portion of the game.

2. No qualification for races.

Otherwise I'm super hyped for the game, the wait is finally coming to an end :crazy:

1. Depth of the sounds. - Like back fires, bov sounds, And PLEASE when i put a race exhaust on a V8 don't make it sound like a Civic?

2. Not being able to paint your car, wheels, or add sponsor stickers.

3. Performance Parts . - When i add performance part's to my car, i just don't want to click on stage this, stage that, and then that's it. I would also like to visually be able to see my motor mod's with an option of opening the hood or something? Also not having the option to pick part's from different company's

4. Car Tuning. - When im tuning a turbo car for example, i want to be able to adjust the boost etc.

5. Not that i would find this dissapointing. But i would LOVE to see some kind of free roam through a city....I know that's asking abit much.

6. No option for a clutch using a Controller.

7. No Bike's. (hopefully we will get some as DLC)

8. No Drag Strip.

9. WRC Track's? - I would really like to see stage's instead of connected track's. That made the rally really boring in GT4.

10. Ridiculous Tire Spin. - I'm sure alot of people have noticed this in GT4 and GT5P....When your using a high HP car with the traction control off, you can spin up the tires and shift through all the gears....Let off the throttle....And your tires are still spinning? I found that VERY unrealistic...

11. No custom euro plates. :sly:

12. No Audi S1 WRC car! (And if it is on the game it better sound right)

That's all i can think of for right now.....

If mechanical damage doesn't happen, out of the blue whilst driving.Would be funny if a brake caliper failed & forced me into a wall at 140 mph or a radiator burst.Maybe a fan belt snaps or parts of the electrical system fails leading to complete failure.

That's a pretty cool idea, man. In the future they should maybe try a "realistic ageing engine" which causes the cars, over time to "age" and develop typical older car quirks. And there should be some sort of a mechanic and/or body shop somewhere in the game who can diagnose your cars problems and fix them for a price (credits).

That's a pretty cool idea, man. In the future they should maybe try a "realistic ageing engine" which causes the cars, over time to "age" and develop typical older car quirks. And there should be some sort of a mechanic and/or body shop somewhere in the game who can diagnose your cars problems and fix them for a price (credits).

And you should be given the option to service your car , and it should have a health bar and if you let it go low and you keep using your car it should break and you should have to pay for it.

The thing is this sort of happened in GPL ( Grand Prix Legends in 1998 ffs ), to a small degree.If you revved too hard, the engine would sometimes go pop on you.Or you'd lose oil pressure without a symptomatic warning.Nothing happened to the rest of the mechanical components.

The thing is this sort of happened in GPL ( Grand Prix Legends in 1998 ffs ), to a small degree.If you revved too hard, the engine would sometimes go pop on you.Or you'd lose oil pressure without a symptomatic warning.Nothing happened to the rest of the mechanical components.

Unless it's damaged due to your own actions ( crashing or over-revving the engine ) I can't see PD implementing casual malfunctioning like drop in oil pressure and fan belts snapping, etc. due to a simple reason, licensing.
Car manufacturers probably aren't to keen to showcase their cars may be faulty in a videogame.
Damage caused by the driving style of the players, okay, damage caused by the car itself is probably a no-no.

2 disappointement so far:

1. Livery editor. No real information so far, but i doubt it's gonna be anything interesting. If anything.
2. damage: If you're on about making damage models. You should considering totalling a car. I don't care for people who say "i don't plan on crashing"... it happens in real life, and GT is the "real driving simulator". Learn about consequences to your action. GRID did it perfect. you want to go crazy, it COST you something.

cheers,

2 disappointement so far:

*snip*
2. damage: If you're on about making damage models. You should considering totalling a car. I don't care for people who say "i don't plan on crashing"... it happens in real life, and GT is the "real driving simulator". Learn about consequences to your action. GRID did it perfect. you want to go crazy, it COST you something.

cheers,
Agreed but only in the simulation part of GT5, not in the arcade part.

I've watched numerous videos and you can still see that the crash physics are not up to date. I'd definitely be disappointed if the crash physics would be still the same as GT5p's.

I will be disappointed if the game forgot its roots and left out the starting campaign of slower old bangers.

Also on the list of potential disappointments-

too much focus on online racing
too much focus on ferrari
any sight or sound of that prat vettel.

too much focus on online racing
Never have too much focus on online racing because online play is the future. In years to come single player or offline mode will cease to exist and all games will be online only.

What I would find disappointing is if PD wipe the leaderboards every time their is an update which is what occured in GT5P.

Never have too much focus on online racing because online play is the future. In years to come single player or offline mode will cease to exist and all games will be online only.

I have been hearing that for the last 10 years... If it comes true then it will probably be the end of gaming for me, and I know I am not the only one.

So... no one's thought about a Trojan Virus that was personally written by Kaz?
I'd be disappointed about that :dopey:
Ok, being serious now:
If a few of the V8 Supercars Aussie/NZ weren't in it. They were in FM3 iirc.
Probably Multiplayer Endurance - I wouldn't kill myself if it was in GT, but having an actual Team vs. Team vs. Team racing on the Le Mans track would be fun for me.
If they got the sense speed totally wrong - "Ok, I'm going at 100kp/h. Cool. Hey, I'm going at Eleventy Quad-zatillion kp/h. Sweet. I'm bored, let's play ProStreet...
If they had a stupid, ass-worthy sound track.. seriously, would a racing game freak listen to Mozart? (sorry, had to reference GT4 :lol:)

Jay
I have been hearing that for the last 10 years... If it comes true then it will probably be the end of gaming for me, and I know I am not the only one.
May I ask why though?

I love online gaming and have met some great friends who I have actually met in person. I still remember the days when you would complete the single player of a game within 2 days and your only option was to sell the game. Thankfully online gaming prolongs the lifespan of a game with COD 4 being a great example. If I only played single player I would of traded the game in within 2weeks and yet due to the online play I played the game every night for nearly a year!!

Best get used to it and move with the times. In the future we shall no longer have consoles but instead a simple device that has an ethernet port and USB connection!!

If you think your going to play GT5 in the same way as GT4 then your going to seriously miss out.

- Sound. The tire squealing is completely overdone and the engine sounds are mostly lackluster.
I hear a lot of people complain about this, but, being a game & without being able to truly feel the grip, I think PD are using the senses they can communicate with to give gamers feedback.
I bet we'd all be suprised just how much thought has gone into tyre sound & volume - and not just to make it sound realistic.

- Crappy rubber-band AI that is completely brainless. GT is dead last when it comes to AI and I want this situation to change.
Again, it's a game, addictive games have to be mostly predictable to be successful - otherwise people wouldnt spend hours on end, over and over, trying to win one race.
We're all here because we there is something special in the GT DNA - part of this is the basic repetitiveness & familiarity that humans crave.
Lifelike AI would probably be more annoying to the core GT enthusiast, because there wouldnt be the consistency to grind away at..

- Online needs to be as robust and feature rich as possible. The online mode in prologue is NOT acceptable.
Utterly and absolutely agree.
I'm very happy that it sounds like you can actually host a game from your own console and not rely on the PSN servers.
Honestly, most people want to race against their friends or family within the same area code - why send the network traffic onto the overloaded PSN network 100's of ms away when you can have a totally lag-free game with people you know & want to race - this would be the smartest move - and ironically taking up the same kind of model that worked better 10 years ago, because it had to.
Most online game developers / publishers want far too much control over servers (EA Games), which is totally counter productive for a good gaming experience.
Hopefully PD are moving in a smart & open direction.

But let's be logical here, no game is perfect, GT5 won't be perfect and we all know that. It's not even reasonable to expect a game to be perfect.

I completely agree. I've been reading through alot of threads and some people are nitpicking the most ridiculous things, then saying their not buying it cause of this or that..Some people are asking alot out of $60....Or out of a $100 if you pre-ordered the collectors edition like i did :sly:.

[UK] ANDYW;3953544
Utterly and absolutely agree.
I'm very happy that it sounds like you can actually host a game from your own console and not rely on the PSN servers.
Honestly, most people want to race against their friends or family within the same area code - why send the network traffic onto the overloaded PSN network 100's of ms away when you can have a totally lag-free game with people you know & want to race - this would be the smartest move - and ironically taking up the same kind of model that worked better 10 years ago, because it had to.
Most online game developers / publishers want far too much control over servers (EA Games), which is totally counter productive for a good gaming experience.
Hopefully PD are moving in a smart & open direction.
Yes setting up a private room to race against friends is going to be the highlight for me. However a word of caution though. I imagine a private room will be P2P so the hosts PS3 is acting as the server. With this in mind if you want to race with 16 in the room the host is going to need a decent upload connection.

Here in the UK many still only have ADSL max which has an upload connection of 448kbps. Your going to need more than that and I would recommend ADSL+2 i.e O2, Bethere. Also BT are rolling out their ADSL+2 service. I wouldn't recommend Virgin media because if you exceed your limit they throttle your connection to dreadfully low speeds.

I cannot stress enough how important your connections are going to be. If anyone wants some advice then send me a PM. I can tell you exactly what ISPS are available at your exchange and which ISP to choose. I can also tell you what speeds you will recieve. This is only for UK members though.

Let me give you an example. My neighbour pays £15 a month for 3mb download/448kbps upload. I pay £10 a month and have 13mb download/1.3mb upload. Amazing difference if you ask me. Also my connection remains the same whatever time of day with no traffic shaping from my ISP. Also my latency is very low, 15m/s to a server 100 miles away.

May I ask why though?

I love online gaming and have met some great friends who I have actually met in person. I still remember the days when you would complete the single player of a game within 2 days and your only option was to sell the game. Thankfully online gaming prolongs the lifespan of a game with COD 4 being a great example. If I only played single player I would of traded the game in within 2weeks and yet due to the online play I played the game every night for nearly a year!!

Best get used to it and move with the times. In the future we shall no longer have consoles but instead a simple device that has an ethernet port and USB connection!!

If you think your going to play GT5 in the same way as GT4 then your going to seriously miss out.

I play online with friends (not just in Gran Turismo) for many years but the enjoyment never really stays all that long, much like casual or party games, I do it for a while but the kick wears thin. Most of my gaming I enjoy is in single player and GT has always been my favorite for that. When I have free time away from work/friends/family etc I like to sit down and save for that Viper or Stage 4 turbo or take some photos or enjoy throwing a car around the Nurburgring. When it is online it's either about quick fun messing around or serious racing and not so much about the cars, which is what I like about GT the most, the cars.

Plus I much rather play with friends via LAN or split screen more than over the internet.

Will I play GT5 online, for sure! As I have GT5P. Will single player go the way of the dodo for me because I can play online? Never ever.

I completely agree. I've been reading through alot of threads and some people are nitpicking the most ridiculous things, then saying their not buying it cause of this or that..Some people are asking alot out of $60....Or out of a $100 if you pre-ordered the collectors edition like i did :sly:.

That made me laugh considering the person you were directing that statement at.

Jay
I play online with friends (not just in Gran Turismo) for many years but the enjoyment never really stays all that long, much like casual or party games, I do it for a while but the kick wears thin. Most of my gaming I enjoy is in single player and GT has always been my favorite for that. When I have free time away from work/friends/family etc I like to sit down and save for that Viper or Stage 4 turbo or take some photos or enjoy throwing a car around the Nurburgring. When it is online it's either about quick fun messing around or serious racing and not so much about the cars, which is what I like about GT the most, the cars.

Plus I much rather play with friends via LAN or split screen more than over the internet.

Will I play GT5 online, for sure! As I have GT5P. Will SP go the way of the dodo for me because I can play online? Never ever.
I think at the end of the day playing online depends on meeting fellow racers who have the same interests as you. Like I said I have become that close with my friends that we have met on a couple of occasions and even spent the weekends drinking in my local pubs. However you have to go online to meet these potential friends who share the same interests as you.

P.S promise im not having a go. I just want everyone to enjoy all aspects of GT5 and have the same amount of fun that I have.

I think at the end of the day playing online depends on meeting fellow racers who have the same interests as you. Like I said I have become that close with my friends that we have met on a couple of occasions and even spent the weekends drinking in my local pubs. However you have to go online to meet these potential friends who share the same interests as you.

P.S promise im not having a go. I just want everyone to enjoy all aspects of GT5 and have the same amount of fun that I have.

I have a lot of online friends that have the same interests, I have been in various 'clans' for this reason (including as admin setting up matches and moderating) and have raced many GT5P races with like minded people (top GTP and other board drivers) and still do, though not lately since GT5 is closing in, but all this takes NOTHING away from the single player side of games and will never ever replace it for me. Single player for me is a must.

Not everyone has the same priorities/tastes, I understand there is a lot of people out there that play nothing but multiplayer games and love it, I'm not one of them. I play online but it isn't a priority and as much as some don't believe there will always be a market for single player (though not in every game).

P.S I don't think you're having a go, but I am not sure you understand not everybody has the same gaming tastes as you do.

So far the signature edition is the biggest disappointment.
If PD will to stick to the synthesized engine sounds it'll be outrageous.

Back