What would YOU find dissapointing in GT5?

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 1,011 comments
I kinda look at the situation from both sides in regards to cosmetic damage. I do try to drive carefully because I want to keep my car looking clean, but I'm just not that good at it and always end up getting slightly dismayed at my mashed up bodywork. Toning down the damage modeling would probably keep me happier in the long run, and personally I'd still continue to attempt clean racing (or perhaps minor friendly scrapes, nothing drastic) just because I think that's how races should be conducted.

See that's the thing roadhog.
You try to avoid wrecking where ever possible.
I presume that means a good track etiquette and not taking too many risks.

Now remove consequence.

Take away consequence for your actions and you are not rewarded for good clean driving.
In effect, online anyways, it promotes bad driving.
Using cars infront as brakes. Wall grinding around corners at speeds that shouldn't be possible.

This is why I feel a good mechanical damage system should be in place.

Good post, and I totally agree.

I would find the lack of cockpits in standard cars very disappointing. I still have hope that standard cars have cockpits because on the Sony site it says "standard cars do not support interior camera views"... Why views in plural, that's because they are suffering to the camera that you can move inside of premium cars to see their fully modeled interior not the cockpit. Notice on how they have never said, standard cars don't have cockpits.

Next time, you will buy the cookies...
evil-smile.jpg

Last edited:
The new Abarth 500's (133-200hp) aren't in the game. The only new 500 is a 68hp 1.2l turd. Why? Just why? And of course it's a premium, so at least I'll get to look at it's fancy stereo. That's what the 'Lounge' trim level means, right?

I've been seriously considering one of the Abarth 500's as a next car (whenever they get here) and I was really looking forward to trying one out. Does Forza have it?

I find it disappointing that the topic creator misspelled disappointing.:lol:

Other than that, GT5 is shaped out to be what I want.

Actually, maybe the delay til Nov 24 was a bit of a buzz kill.

I'm not really disappointed with anything I've read thus-far about this game. I've been waiting forever & a day for it to come out...it's being shipped as we speak...so the only complaint I have is that it's not in my possession yet. :)

The new Abarth 500's (133-200hp) aren't in the game. The only new 500 is a 68hp 1.2l turd. Why? Just why? And of course it's a premium, so at least I'll get to look at it's fancy stereo. That's what the 'Lounge' trim level means, right?

I've been seriously considering one of the Abarth 500's as a next car (whenever they get here) and I was really looking forward to trying one out. Does Forza have it?

What's shocking for me is that there are two almost identical Suzuki Swift Sport ('05 and '07) and two almost identical Suzuki Cappuccino. I'm not against padding in general (as long as there do are technical differences and not only badge differences), but since we knew from start that Premium cars would have been limited in number, I was expecting 200+ completely different cars, not 200 including padding.

Surely, including at least faster versions of the normal 500 (the 1.3 90 hp diesel and/or the 100 hp petrol 1.4 engine) wouldn't have took additional "6 months of work", would it? I can partially understand the Abarth version which has got a significantly modified bodywork, but different engines?

Surely, including at least faster versions of the normal 500 (the 1.3 90 hp diesel and/or the 100 hp petrol 1.4 engine) wouldn't have took additional "6 months of work", would it? I can partially understand the Abarth version which has got a significantly modified bodywork, but different engines?

if they would have included the 1.4 petrol, I could have stuck a giant turbo on it, given it a bodykit, firmer suspension, and lightened it (or just given it a racing modification). I could have basically made my own Abarth 500, and I would have been happy with that. but 68hp? I'll be lucky if I can get that to a turbo-lagging 100hp. The new 500's are too fat for that engine.

Even the 0.9L twinair generates more HP, so why the 1.2?

If more powerful engines including the new 0.9L Twin-Air were included, I wouldn't have anything to say against the 1.2, and actually having the complete engine lineup would have been interesting. But since PD decided to put only the 1.2 version...

This is only one example, though. There are many other ones in the game.
Personally, if I knew in advance I would be able to include only one version of a car, I'd choose the best version. I don't know why PD does almost the opposite.

What I am really (really!) disappointed in is the exterior view. I HATE it! It is so stiff and makes driving look extremely choppy. Also the camera is too far away from the car, so that it looks really small. The camera in GT1-4 was much better. Anyone else disappointed in this?

Last edited:
BIG DISAPPOINTMENT: hood view instead of hood view...

very very disappointing, I am thinking about driving a standard car with my wheel...
:( :( :(
very sadly, the worst thing polyphony could do to us, to ruin the 80% of a game for people who use wheels. (800 cars without cockpit AND WITHOUT HOOD VIEW)
can't believe it...

Car damage has the biggest potential for disappointment. If there are no true consequences for poor driving, then I will be utterly disappointed and feel that GT5 missed the mark it should have been aiming for. Instead of having slow-down delays for hitting a wall, for example, I hope they have an accurate damage deterrent for collisions. Nothing made me more angry in Prologue than to have someone pass me, cut me off, I hit their bumper and then I am penalized for 5 seconds by having my car slow down. That needs to go away, and implement realistic consequences in the "real driving simulator".

my first post on here, so bear with me!

have been playing gt since ps1 days and love everything about them, but can you guys answer me one question....

when you post your quickest lap time on a track, will it save the time for the track or just for that particular car?

would be very disappointing if they cant sort that on GT5!

I played Forza3 when I vitisted my cousin last time. There, there is a track called Fujimi Kaido, which I liked very well. It's long, relaxing, pretty nice area and nature. Only thing I miss on that track is getting the roads narrower - highway is too easy. Nordschleife is just as good, but too stressing in the end, and JUST forest and tents is a bit boring. So I think GT5 is missing an answer to Forza's Fujimi Kaido.

I also miss the good SUVs en estates Volvo-XC60, -XC70, -XC90, Land Rover Range Rover, and the sport/ hyper cars Aston Martin DBS, Zonda F and BMW Z4 Si35.

I'm tired of writing this, but at least this was a more constructive thread. = )

Can someone make a thread about what we really like about GT5? I can't yet (not enough posts.) = )

Fujimi Kaido was awesome. Regardless of what people thought about Forza 3, that track was really fun to play. Considering Kaz is supposed to be an Initial D fan and included the AE86 I'm surprised he didn't add a touge track.

1. no co-driver for rally
2. no point to point rally
3. no real rally cars engine sound
4. driving rally cars feels like driving stardard racing car

( i love rally )

no co-driver for rally

Last edited by a moderator:
1. no co-driver for rally
2. no point to point rally
3. no real rally cars engine sound
4. driving rally cars feels like driving stardard racing car

( i love rally )

no co-driver for rally

Co-drivers have been mentioned by the PD team numerous times so we have every reason to expect them to be included. Point to point stages of up-to 10km can be generated using the track maker.

On these two points we already know the game is fine, the other two will have to wait until next week for.

Oh and don't double post.

Thanks

Scaff

Back