What would you like Namco to do with a hypothetical Ridge Racer 8?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 8 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
I personally would like to see Nitrous gone and would also like a less cartoony handling model.

I would like a compilation game like what was done for Wipeout with the Omega Collection. Just combine the content of Ridge Racer 7 with Ridge Racer 2 PSP and you would have almost all the circuits and music in one package.

No more nitro boost is a must, IMHO -- it did not suit the game. The auto-lock drifting is a tougher one, because that has always defined the series. Is it really a Ridge Racer game if I can't initiate a counter-clockwise 180-spin-drift around a righthand hairpin just for the hell of it?

Granted, that style of handling is pretty much literally as anachronistic as it gets for 3D games, and is probably a tough sell as a full-priced retail game with the budget expenditure of a big studio.

Sadly no games today from big studios have such a simple cohesive aesthetic. I think something with the vibe of R4 is more likely to come from a indie.
I think the professionals have left a lot on the shoulders of indies, particularly in the driving/racing game space. And the driving/racing game space is one where indies have not yet picked up the slack, unlike shmups, traditional RPGs, and platformers.

I am trying to do something about that.

Nitrous and the cartoony handling was what I liked about Ridge Racer to be frank. At least as a person who started with the PSP one and never played any of the older ones.

If not a brand new game built from the ground up, why not take RR6, remaster it and add every car from RR7, 3D and Vita (including special machines from RR PSP - 1 and 2), and make the car list perform equally in every category (which, what I meant, every car from the previous car class carries onto the next, up to Class 4).

As for tracks, we just need those from RR7, mixed with the PSP games as well as 3D and Vita. Oh and not to mention the cutscenes for when you unlock the cars.

Last edited:
Back