What would you recommend as the best car to start drifting with?

• Thread starter Rogue8
  • 303 comments
slight bump. ive recently found that the mercedes SL65 is incredible at drifting, very manageable with the tail out. its a bit pricy, but all you need to do is put some economy tyres on it, turn the aids off, and you're away :)

One nifty car is the Catherham. give it a supercharger, racing exhaust and other kit and its all to sweet. The wheels even spin up to 4th gear! Muscle cars like the Chevelle are great because the weight transfers to get the drift started, the wheels spin alot and you can pretend your being chased by chuck norris in a Dodge ram who will try to kill you

I tried a Toyota Celica GT-four st-205 (I don't remember the year right off hand) Its all wheel drive and I got it to handle on tarmac like a rally car would in a rally race. I maxed out then slowly worked at it.

I use a DOME-ZERO concept in gt5. Nice and controllable, looks good with it's giant spoiler from GT auto, feels smooth and with a standard sports exhast (the cheapest one) sounds nice. Kind of expensive to buy, got mine from the online collectors dealership for about 200k. Then spent about 50k setting it all up. Makes a change from the millions of hondas and nissans everyone else drifts with.

Back