What would you recommend as the best car to start drifting with?

• Thread starter Rogue8
  • 303 comments
:sly:go the aussie boys.:sly: lets show the world how tall we can stand with our talents in racing and drift. i use the nissan skyline (tokyo motor show)đź‘Ť

that is a nice drift car probably not the best but if it suits you're drifting needs than it will be more than enough!!! aussies are mad and we will show the world that its not only japan and americans that are the best at drifting! our drift australia series is really rocking with robbie bolger and leighton fine !!! they are my fav drifters around .

Amuse S2000 Street car.

You barely need any modifications. Break, turn the wheel hard, accel, counter. Enjoy.

Btw, took me months to do that. LOL! I'm a grip driver myself.

I started with a 240SX. They are extremely easy to learn in. I still have that car today from about 7 months ago when I started drifting it just has alot more power now so I go faster.

Mid engined cars are good way to start if your completely new to GT4 physics just takes away hours of FR frustration.heh!
Any of the NSX line will do.

If you still want an FR check out the Amuse stable :)

i found that it was easy to control a drift using a bmw m5, with the only mods being, stage 3 weight reduction and a 2 way diff, and close ratio gear box, i find that with the close ratio gear box, i can drift easier in 2nd gear

Many people hold the AE86 Corrola(sp?) and the S13-S15 chassis to be the best ande easiest to use, so I would learn the basics on one of those, then move up to more powerful FR/MR cars.

Ok, Some of you are correct. I've been drifting for about a year now, and I know that I wish I started off at where I'm at now, instead of useing those cars such as the M5, M3 and others. Useing a High powered car, that still needs to be thrown around to innitiate the drift, Kinda sucks and is very discouraging at the beginning. I suggest An Amuse S2000 R1. They are Perfect! Seriously, ANYONE can drift them, But they still require technique (just as any car) to keep in the drift, adjust angle, speed, and momentum, during the drift... Just go out and try! It cant hurt you to just buy 5-6 cars and start tackling Apricot Hill....

I'd take a '97 Camaro Z28 and put N1 tires on the back and N3 on the front. and turn all aids off. leave everything else stock. The best gear to drift in is 3rd and 2nd. 2nd is better for shotr drifts, but if you want to hold a drift use 3rd. by the way, the best way to drift with this is power over. have fun!

Im using a 2004 honda S2000. Take it to 300 bhp whack on some comfort tyres and turn off all the driving aids. Good luck;)

I am starting to drift now with a controller and im using an S14, Sileighty, S15, Toyota Supra, MX-5 Miata and some others plus i got the setups for them on this site!

I've noticed that a lot of Mazda cars are easy to throw the tail end out, and easy to control in mid-drift. Some have some pretty bad snapback if not tuned correctly though. I would recommend a Miata or RX7.

EDIT: But I'm yet to get the infinity to slide good, I'll try the Settings thread.

I'm pretty sure any Nissan Silvia (s13,14 and 15) will slide at about 250hp with n1's or n2's... Allthough some pefer the s14 or 15

personally I drift best in a 1991 or '93 FD on road tires everything stock, the TVR cerbera is very good as well, 97 supra, any silvia (s14 the best) and the FC is also fantastic. The bmw m5 is perfect stock for drift, even the first gen mr2. maybe you should go with your hometown car the holden commodore, being in america none of my hometown cars are all that good after 1970, basically any rwd is good, just some require more mods. Stay sideways

I would recommend the Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR GSR. I have drifted more than 40 cars and I think the Evo is one of the best (no offence to your cars) drift car in GT4. It and has a quick engine response, can be fully modified, and because it is 4WD the drift can last for more than 7 seconds. If you tune it well it is so smooth in fact if you will only have turn the wheel 30 degrees and the car will do the rest.

Please be free to comment
Thanks everyone

I used a 91 honda prelude with N1 tires at the back, and N3 tires at the front. Its easy simple and very fun to drift, and slow witch is great for practicing. If your curious have this:
ASM(Overster)=0ASM(Understeer)=20TCM=0
The car CANNOT DRIFT WELL if its fully tune. Use Brake to start the drift:) Very sorry if its too much to write:guilty:

I used a 91 honda prelude with N1 tires at the back, and N3 tires at the front. Its easy simple and very fun to drift, and slow witch is great for practicing. If your curious have this:
ASM(Overster)=0ASM(Understeer)=20TCM=0
The car CANNOT DRIFT WELL if its fully tune. Use Brake to start the drift:) Very sorry if its too much to write:guilty:

Wo wo wo wo, start over dude, shut off GT4, go take a lunch break, and come back... That car is a FF... And Drifting with ASMU at 20 is CHEATING, not to mention your not really drifting with the prelude... Try a FR

Wo wo wo wo, start over dude, shut off GT4, go take a lunch break, and come back... That car is a FF... And Drifting with ASMU at 20 is CHEATING, not to mention your not really drifting with the prelude... Try a FR

Dude I'm not stupid you should try it and see for your self.The honda prelude is the one of my best FF drifting car I have. I owned over 20 perfectly tuned FR's for my self. I know you cant drift with a FF in real life that good, but in GT4 you can. I barely even undeersteer. Also who cares if your cheating just have fun, its good practice :irked:

Dude I'm not stupid you should try it and see for your self.The honda prelude is the one of my best FF drifting car I have. I owned over 20 perfectly tuned FR's for my self. I know you cant drift with a FF in real life that good, but in GT4 you can. I barely even undeersteer. Also who cares if your cheating just have fun, its good practice :irked:

Because the ASM is on 20 for understeer, I'd hope you wouldn't understeer with that much aid.

When i put asm(understeer)to 20 i dont udersteer, it helps the car to start a drift alot easier.thats why i said N3 tires at the front, so the rear, i said N1, that means the car will keep drifting. PLEASE give it a try.:) Also try it for FR's thats how I drift.:cool:

Back