What Would You Want in a GT Spinoff?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 73 comments
  • 3,200 views
Soman
Shouldnt it be From Heaven with a SUV!? not " From Heaven with LUV!"?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

The "LUV" is meant to be LOVE! :O Luv is one of those AIM slangy thingy way of saying Love in short. Same goes for "wut" which is "what." :O It's is hard for me sometimes when I am typing and I use AIM language/spelling by mistake! :O:O
So I change it now so no one gets confused! :O

BACK TO TOPIC! :O

I got this other idea of a spinoff that wont be WAY off the ground like my fighter jet Spin Off! :O How about a Spinoff where all the car's driving characteristic is still there, but except they got this very Futuristic LOOK! :O They would have no wheels becuz they would hover, but STILL look like the car they are..but futuristic though!:O

The track can also be changed to go with the futuristic looking cars! It can be like F-Zero for the GameCube! :O All those neon looking lights all over the track and many special effects. The tracks would have loops, corkscrews, go sideways, go upside down, go straight up, go straight down and INSIDE OUT! (Whatever that means.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ). :O

To make up for the futuristic cars and tracks...The name of the cars would also have to be FUTURISTIC! Like in example:

Toyota Supra = Toyota Supra Storm RZ Twin Turbo :crazy:
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R34 = Nissan Skyline GT-X Z-Spec VII R56 :crazy:
Ford Mustang = Ford Wild Mustang GT-X :crazy:
Ferrari Enzo = Ferrari Enzomantium :crazy:

McLaren F5000 "Special Angel Edition" GZ-XR Plasma Twin Turbo :drool: :crazy: :O

Also there should be FUTURISTIC parts LIKE:

Plasma Turbo :crazy:
Omega quad-Spark Plugs :crazy:
NUCLEAR OXIDE!!! the "naws" KILLER!!!! :O :drool:


okay okay... GTplanet...I think I have lost my mind...:drool::crazy::boggled: Last time I went FAR UP from the ground as a spinoff and NOW I go FAR AHEAD from the current auto technology today...:O Another FAR FAR AWAY thread from me! :O:O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)
To make up for the futuristic cars and tracks...The name of the cars would also have to be FUTURISTIC! Like in example:

Toyota Supra = Toyota Supra Storm RZ Twin Turbo :crazy:
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R34 = Nissan Skyline GT-X Z-Spec VII R56 :crazy:
Ford Mustang = Ford Wild Mustang GT-X :crazy:
Ferrari Enzo = Ferrari Enzomantium :crazy:

McLaren F5000 "Special Angel Edition" GZ-XR Plasma Twin Turbo :drool: :crazy: :O

Also there should be FUTURISTIC parts LIKE:

Plasma Turbo :crazy:
Omega quad-Spark Plugs :crazy:
NUCLEAR OXIDE!!! the "naws" KILLER!!!! :O :drool:

Wow, that is about the funniest thing I have ever read :)👍
Seriously, that was good, especially the enzo and skyline.
 
McLaren-San... you want a realistic-handling version of Rush 2049, do you? ;) My goodness, you are quite creative, Lady McLaren. And guess what? If the Paint Shop thing holds true, you can paint up your car any way you like. Then you might take it online and show the world your love for the F1 (if you don't already here).

In my early times on GTP, I asked about how an all-JGTC GT Spinoff would do, and I don't think the discussion was pretty successful. To me, the most featured race cars since GT1 were the JGTC machines. And of the Special Model cars in the game, only the Honda NSX GT2 won in class. I think I've always liked Kunimitsu paintschemes. Whether it was that red color with black lettering, or that lovely looking one in GT3, I've kind of admired the way their race cars look.

With the "spin-off" deal going, I thought about all the different stuff I heard about specific manufacturer games. Of course, there are quite a few out now. To be honest, I have kind of a crazy race deal. Take that Toyota PM Concept Car (PM = Personal Mobility) from those wonderful Japanese people with sometimes weird and unusual concepts, give it more horsepower, have it compete in road racing and rally (don't expect taking one to Nurburgring Nords against 59 other Toyota PMs). Keep it going, ladies and gentlemen!

And McLaren... you're :crazy::lol:... but we love you here. Keep up the good work! 👍
 
How about a Gran Turismo MMO? They could throw in many different types of tournaments, with different types of racing (circuit,drag,drift,stock car?) and win unlockables. Also they could continuously update the game, cars, and tracks. Then you could sell, buy, & trade other people's cars. I'm sure some of these features will end up in GT4 but an MMO would be kinda cool.
 
JohnBM01
Already talked about this with others. Yes, McLaren'sAngel is a girl! Wish people would stop asking that. Back to the topic at hand. GT Rally. Will it work? And how will it be a successful spinoff? Or do you have your own ideas?

If that sounded a little too rough, my apologies.

It's ok John! I don't mind discussing things as long as people don't make fun of my drifting tastes :). In the spin-off, we could have point to point races that are measured against the time instead of other people. We could see other racers (but that would mean you are fast or slow). An actual damage system (or roll phyics) would increase popularity with other people and give us something to look at :). A license system similar to Gt3, but with more focus on the rally segment would be good. And my final niggle, PLEASE! Dirt on the cars! Dirt on the roads! I want my messy rally cars to show that I gave them hard workouts! 👍
 
I think the Granturismo Historics idea mensioned earlier is a great idea.Building on this there could be period tracks as well.
 
i think GT should release a disk (same cars, upgrades....etc) but a street raceing version. All the leg work is done, all that would need to be done is a game lay out and some new track. Maybe hook up with the Tokyo Extreme Racer people and get some highway tracks... or downtown streets.... crap like that. And if they made it where you could load your cars form GT4, that would ROCK. Traffic driving is fun, and the GT team could make it great! (and they could add NOS)
 
What about a sim style game...where you would control a racing league or team in competition, from choosing manufacturers to drivers and testing, racing stradegy from an owners point ?
 
Cagedheat
i think GT should release a disk (same cars, upgrades....etc) but a street raceing version. All the leg work is done, all that would need to be done is a game lay out and some new track. Maybe hook up with the Tokyo Extreme Racer people and get some highway tracks... or downtown streets.... crap like that. And if they made it where you could load your cars form GT4, that would ROCK. Traffic driving is fun, and the GT team could make it great! (and they could add NOS)

You have got to be joking...


;)
 
OMG... I think he is serious... Nurse! Cancel my one o'clock!
 
A GT spin off???

How about "GT : TFM"???

TFM???... I hear you ask... yes that's right "TFM", "The Forbidden Manufacturers"

Then we can have Lambourghini, Ferrari, Porsche...
 
McLaren'sAngel... from Heaven with SUV? I don't even know if she likes SUVs. Unless of course McLaren (the race car manufactuer) wants to come up with its own Espace F1 by using an SUV.

I'm going to address the illegal street racing issue. Well, we've been here before for sure. It's another round of illegal street racing (I'm not saying "NFS:U") vs. Gran Turismo. Maybe for some publicity stunts, let's say Kanjou Counterclockwise or Wangan B features race cars going down Wangan B going no faster than pace car/caution speeds. That would be cool for a race in Japan in GT4. Not for a race on those highways, but as a publicity stunt. CagedHeat, let me tell you something, as you are a newcomer to the 'Planet. You'll have to put up with people of varying interests. Some like a Civic or an Accord with carbon fiber parts, and others surely don't. Some like the tuner treatment to cars, and some don't. Some want more emphasis on Japanese cars, while others want more American emphasis or even worldwide emphasis. So CagedHeat, welcome to GTPlanet and thanks for giving your views.

Before anyone tells me that this idea is bringing up another racing game, it would be pretty fun to imagine having Gran Turismo races on city streets only, as well as public road tracks. But here's my thing. Professional racing, no playing with traffic, realistic handling, no boost... might be a recipe for a nice street-only spinoff. We can call it "Gran Turismo STREET," but that would conflict with Electronic Arts with their NBA and NFL Street games. In fact, I heard there may be a FIFA Street next. But I still think a rally racing GT Spinoff would generate pretty wonderful success. Not just off-road rally, but also some road rallies. You know, rallies like with beautiful classic Mustangs, Cobras, Toranas, 240Zs, Mini Coopers, and all that. Well, share your spinoff views, GTPlanet!
 
Back