What Would You Want in a GT Spinoff?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 73 comments
  • 3,200 views
:sly: I bit foolish the speak of, but I'm gonna say it anyway: I'd like the see a GT spin-off in the arcade where you would race in an actual full-sized car cockpit and the surrounding windows would act as the monitors, giving you a full view of the course like in real life. They could even go ahead and model some of the car cockpits after the real cars in the game, and the race would feel like how it would in real life. And aside from the real cars, some fantasy ones would be pretty nice. Not crazy fantasy concept cars, but sorta more like stuff along the lines of the Affolter-tuned, Sposek-tuned Lamborghini Diablos' and stuff like that. That'd be sweet!!!!! :sly:
 
I think Rush 2049 with 500 cars from GT4 would make my life complete.
 
jjboi
:sly: I bit foolish the speak of, but I'm gonna say it anyway: I'd like the see a GT spin-off in the arcade where you would race in an actual full-sized car cockpit and the surrounding windows would act as the monitors, giving you a full view of the course like in real life. They could even go ahead and model some of the car cockpits after the real cars in the game, and the race would feel like how it would in real life. And aside from the real cars, some fantasy ones would be pretty nice. Not crazy fantasy concept cars, but sorta more like stuff along the lines of the Affolter-tuned, Sposek-tuned Lamborghini Diablos' and stuff like that. That'd be sweet!!!!! :sly:

That's more than just a spin off...


;)
 
I'm holding out for forza personally (getting GT4 of course tho). It sounds pretty cool, you can swap engines, fine tune every little thing about your car, plus you can form racing clans and make your own paint jobs with words and whatever. All the cars are physically modifiable and it actually effects your performance non-like nfsu. And is according to IGN and gamespot "right there" with GT4's physics :). Gonna be a great holiday season.
 
Isn't Forza ou in 2005 now?
 
I'd like to see a GT: Professional spin off. Rather than doing races and winning money, you would start in a low series, and get hired by a team. You would drive for the team, and by getting better and better results, you'd eventually get hired by another team and move up to the next class. You could choose what teams to take offers from, and, also, what kind of racing to do. For example, you could start as an independent Autocross driver, and move up the SCCA ranks, first being a club racer, than onto a full team, and so on. Or, you could go Rotary Rockets, then up to Formula Atlantic, and into CART. You could even work your way up in the NHRA world. Other series such as DTM, JGTC, F1, and so on, and their feeder series, would also be represented.

Eventually, you would become a team manager. You could hire drivers and crew for your team, negotiate sponsorship deals, buy parts and cars, tune the cars, and manage other team details. If you so desired, you could take over from the AI drivers and run the race yourself. In this series, too, you would start low and move your team up the ranks, and get better sponsorships, cars, and drivers.

Online play is a must, of course. Imagine starting as a driver in a low class, working under a team managed by another player, with experienced "mechanics" tuning the cars, and someday having drivers under your command as team leader.

Another idea I like is something like the "cribs" mode seen in some of the recent sports games. You would be able to build and upgrade your shop. In addition to the "Auto Modellista" style visual mods, however, the tools and equipment would actually be used in the game! As in real life, any mod or work would take time, and therefore, only a limited amount of work, including repairs, could take place between races. Improving your shop would reduce the time the work takes. It would also allow you do perform modifications that would otherwise not be possible. For example, you would have to aquire an engine lift before doing an engine swap. Also, it would apply in-race. For example, better racing jacks and air tools would decrease the time spent during a pitstop.

Of course, your team would generate profits. And these profits could be transfered into the independent racing as seen in the normal GT series, to finance your own cars.



It would be, overall, much like a sports simulation game, except in the auto racing world.
 
I'd like to see a GT RTS spinoff... :dopey:

There would be 3 "races":
American - Good at Top Speed
Japanese - Good at Handling
German - Use cool accents when a torque wrench falls on their ****ze (sp)

you have to micro-manage your workers in your garage and collect resources from cutting peoples lawns and car washes. Then you can upgrade your garage to a fort... I mean Pro Shop. From there you build cars and make them battle other cars of equal or lesser coolness. Once you kill a car you send a shopguy to collect the Magic Bean credits the car drops. Of course you can also battle for pink slips not just beans :dunce:
 
So we all agree on Gran Turismo: Underground, right? :dopey:

Just kidding. I like the expansion pack idea. Maybe certain bonus cars could be included with them, too.

For example, the drifting pack could include actual cars from the more popular D1 drivers(Ken Nomura's ER34 Skyline, Nobuteru Taniguchi's S15 Silvia, etc). Maybe a tandem run format, where players can drift against each other or the computer.

The rally pack could feature more of the rally cars used, especially the legendary ones like the Lancia 037 and original Mini Cooper. A Super 1600 class would be interesting, too. Maybe even the 500hp+ Group B monsters.

Just a thought.
 
Like others have said. I'd love to see a gt spinnoff w/ touge courses. gunma.. irohazaka... and all the touge special cars from best motoring. I guess they could call it "GT: Mest Motoring Edition" or something... i wanna drive keiichi's 160ps 86... And the ablility to do engine swaps and stuff like that. Hey... people do it in real life. 👍
 
GT4: Group B...yes please. there is only about 10 different cars and there all good (except the toyota but the MR2 looked promising)
 
bucket of water
GT4: Group B...yes please. there is only about 10 different cars and there all good (except the toyota but the MR2 looked promising)

That could very well be included in:

silviadrifter
GT: Rally... Pure and simple...

An all rally GT game would be fantastic... However, they would have to implement some kind of damage modeling, since that is such an important part of rally racing...

The rally physics are already rock solid, they just need damage modelling...

Do you hear me PD?...


;)
 
GT4 spin off games would be GT4 unfinished or GT4 offline.
Might be released sooner than GT4.
 
live4speed
Isn't Forza ou in 2005 now?


:sly: January 2005 the be precise. Smart move. Forza'll need a lot of 'em if it's even the stand a chance, no offense. :sly:
 
Alot of what? may I ask..
 
A cut-down GT4, without:

• any cars with an engine below 1.6ltr

• any people carriers, estates or base-models.

• none of the 'special stage route' circuits

• only 2 or 3 different 'stock' imprezas, lancer evos or skylines

• photo-mode

in other words - 'cutting the wheat from the chaff'
 
About a year ago I threw a little comment in another thread about GT Spinoffs and following someone's lead (can't remember whose, sorry), we came upon a title and an idea.

Gran Turismo Classic!

Sports cars from 1935 to 1975. I actually compiled a list of possibles and hopefuls. As I said before (but this time I mean it), I'll be posting the wishlist. The total was about 400 cars, which could be a very possible number. Coming soon to a thread near you.
 
I have to agree with you Diego! There is already Gran Turismo Concept and GT Classic would be awesome. Some old japanese cars from 50's-80's and some nice old amereican muscle cars too 👍
 
I would like to see a GT-Off road spin off, like a beefed up version of the rally but just all rally cars and off road cars, suv stuff like that. and tracks like most of the rally games out at the moment, plus maybe then we will get damage included coz all the rally games have damage.

so to sum it all up:

its a rally sim based on the GT graphics and phyisics, will real cars and some real and some not so real tracks, A to B races, thats it i guess. :)
 
Pak
Eighties turbocharged F1 cars? :p


I suppose i'd make an exception for those beasts
:dopey:
 
Or why don't we just come up with... Gran Turismo: Supermini Challenge. The best of the Kei cars and Euro Superminis! Imagine the Ford Ka vs. the Daihatsu Storia! Only thing is, no really long tracks. It can get boring racing a long track with little horsepower. I know that my Mugen Beat will own you, then the Mini Cooper will finish the job.

McLaren'sAngel had an idea about an all-supercar game. Of course, I just think she wants to cuddle up to "McCutey," but hey. Ain't no thang but a chicken wang, player. There was an old PS2 game that had something to do with supercars. It had the Saleen S7 on the cover, and you can race against all sorts of supercars, even making your own! Only supercars wouldn't be enough because you'd have to include race cars. So if you want the beasts, you can start with a GT500 race car all the way up to Le Mans race cars.

A Gran Turismo motorcycle game would have to be a different name. I think the toughest motorcycle game to beat is MotoGP 3 from Namco. Kazunori Yamauchi will have to expand his garage with some wonderful two-wheeled machinery. And personally, it would be fun to see Yamauchi ride a beautiful Harley around Tsukuba, or personally test the Las Vegas drag course on a Harley. Tuning a motorcycle would be totally different. And let's not forget. If you crash hard on a motorcycle, you fly off your bike and take a nasty slide. Then, imagine racing the street courses. It will be much harder because if you really hit a wall hard, you'll probably end up in the catch fence with rag doll physics as you run to your bike a la Excitebike. I loved that game.
 
I've been thinking about a "Gt: Experiments" spinoff... It would involve you tinkering with the physics KY has setup, and wack in specs for a imaginary car to see how it would perform if it were ever created... Even though the ps2 couldn't handle it, I wouldn't mind seeing it on the PS3... And then I can finally prove that Saleens CANNOT go upside down.. *Laughs Evilly*
 
Wait until 98Cobra sees that, MdnIte...
 
The racing game I was talking about with all the supercars is the low-rated "Supercar Street Challenge" released in 2001. This game seems more like Need for Speed meets Project Gotham (in the sense of racing around big, realistic cities with usually exotic and fancy cars). I say low-rated because of some of the reviews I read about it. Anyhow, there are many things you can do to make GT spinoffs. After all, the most successful platformer who had success in games other than its own is Mario. Look at Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Mario Golf, and even Super Mario RPG. I'm not saying that there should be a theme-based game with characters from Final Fantasy X. For example, imagine race cars driven by characters in FFX and FFX-2. So, imagine Tidus trying to take on Rikku or Yuna on Grand Valley. Or we can do FF7. Cloud taking on the badass Barrett, or perhaps... been a while, so I can't think of any characters. But then again, SquareSoft-Enix and Polyphony Digital will have to arrange a deal. Then again, who'd want to race Tokyo R246, and if you win the race, you beat Sephiroth and save the world?

So whether a GT spinoff featuring Detroit Iron or Tokyo Highway Battle (legal street racing), everyone have their ideas for spinoffs. So think about it, and can you consider any ideas for a new GT spinoff? This is YOUR thread. Give ideas as to what you'd want in a GT spinoff. It doesn't mean that it will be released along with GT4, but think about if it was released in the future, perhaps one based on GT4 or GT5. Okay? So what would you want in a GT Spinoff?
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Johnny, I havent tried Super Street Challenge due to the low score it got. :grumpy: :O
A Final Fantasy style spin off of GT would surely impress me! :O:O I would luv to go around being Rinoa or Tifa and beat the boys down! :O:O The game could have Final Fantasy elements in it like casting spells to knock around opponents kart around to lose traction or bump into walls while using curative magic like "Cure" to give you some more gas in the car if you gonna run out of gas! :O Blah I dont wanna go around and talking too much about this kind of spinoff! :O:O I can go on FOREVER! :O:O
Another Spinoff I would like to see is PD taking their stuff to the AIR! :O And when I mean the air I am talking about Fighter JETS!!! :O:O I know there is a game called "Ace Combat" that is a jet fighter game, but I would like to see how PD can fly off in planes intead of riding off in cars! :O I can imagine a stealth NightHawk or a Lockheed going up high into the sky shooting off a single NUCLEAR MISSLE onto a town and PD would make the explosion look REALISTIC as things fly into the AIR!!! :O:O
There should be other modes where you can go on a chase to destroy Imports, Muscle Cars, Exotics and....McCutey doesnt count becuz it is an indestructable car in the game becuz I say so! :O:tup: The mission would state what type of car I would have to chase down and destroy! It would be challenging but fun as you shoot missles and that TARGETED car will just be driven under bridges and through the park to avoid the blows coming from above!:O

I am sorry everyone for thinking of such a spinoff that REALLY IS OFF! In fact it is soooOoo off....that I was laughing in my chair typing all of this and actually did a spin and I fell off my chair! :O:O:O
 
:lol: Hiya, McLaren. Easy there, young lady. Of course, I'm just having fun, and almost anything can happen. But if the deal worked, it would be pretty cool. Only thing is, I don't think you can play Blitzball (or whatever it's called, I forget) with a Toyota GT-One, though a Chocobo race with one of your cars would be nice.

GT Spinoffs. I think the best idea I probably heard is GT Rally. If anything needs an injection in coolness, it would have to be rally. Two games are out dominating the rally scene, RallySport Challenge 2 (XBOX Exclusive) and the Colin McRae Rally series. I wanted to start a thread on RSC2 and GT4, but decided not to. So I think a GT Rally game would work very well. You can do supermini rally racing all the way up to the big boys and girls in the WRC. And if you ask me, just because it's traditional rally doesn't mean we can't have road rallies. Think about it, folks. Either you can opt to rally race a Subaru Impreza all over the world, or you can race Mille Milgia style on publice roads. Imagine our MazKid rallying a Mazda down scenic European streets. Imagine our Sleek Stratos rallying a Lancia Stratos just like when they won the big titles three years straight. Perhaps even imagine our femme fatale McLaren'sAngel going down London or Rome in her very own "McCutey" (McLaren F1) taking corners beautifully. Folks, a GT Rally game would perhaps be a great spinoff. Do you have better spinoff ideas? Show and tell us. Reply if you have your own ideas, or if you think a rally spinoff would be the best spinoff idea for the Gran Turismo series.
 
Mclaren'sAngel is a girl!? OMG I am confused.... Protect me from 98cobra... I agree the GT rally idea has been the best so far.. The current rally mode in Gt doesn't do rallying justice...
 
Already talked about this with others. Yes, McLaren'sAngel is a girl! Wish people would stop asking that. Back to the topic at hand. GT Rally. Will it work? And how will it be a successful spinoff? Or do you have your own ideas?

If that sounded a little too rough, my apologies.

Before leaving, good job, Houston Cougars. You may have lost this game, but at least you didn't lose your composure. Good luck for the rest of the season, Houston! Same go for my Houston Texans. Go get 'em, boys!
 
Shouldnt it be From Heaven with a SUV!? not " From Heaven with LUV!"?


I wouldnt mind games such as Getaway, Driver, GTA, NFS, Burnout with GT physics
 
Back