What's in Your Personal BGM?

Do you use personal BGM?

• Total voters
Lots of alternative rock and a few old school rock and metal songs, from Boston and Saxon to Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Kills (PD could've put some better song by The Kills but I turn off default music anyway).

I have it for menus and replays.

Stone Sour, Arctic Monkeys, Audio Slave, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers

why are people talk over proplems withe their own Music in GT . I never had one of this proplems

I have a huge playlist, but for some reason, the game either plays it's own music or just keeps repeating the fist song on my playlist over & over.

dc1
I don't race with any music, the music is the cars vacuum cleaners!
FTFY :sly:

I tried using the personal BGM thing but it didn't work so I just connect my iPod to a charger and listen to Monstercat using Spotify. 👍

I have enough music loaded by way of MP3 discs, that I use genres - Pop for menus and Rock/Blues for racing. I liked the Endurance races in GT5 because I could listen to my tunes most of the time.

I listen my own music with GT6 music both in menu and races. I have 2 folders:
Menu (Not copyrighted songs. Example: Daiki Kasho)- All music from game's menus
Races (Non Copyrighted and Copyrighted Songs. Example: Calvin Harris)

GT6 songs are a little boring, so that's why I use my personal BGM! :D

But for online races, I turn off music in both race and menus to avoid getting disconnected. After I've done my things in online races, I turn the music back on! :gtpflag:

I rarely use an personal music unlike gran turismo 5 where i used it most of the time. but if i will use it then i will use some older gran turismo songs because i feel nostalgia about them and there are cool, also some different type songs.

When I have my driver head on I just have the car (Stressed Engine + Hardworked Tyres vs Asphalt with hints of painted concrete and elements of Gravel.)

This is a biggy as you either have music on because you like the music, Or you have the music off because you want to enjoy the game more. If you turn the music off, then you are hardly going to enjoy the offering PD has given.

Previous versions of GT are Soundtracked by the old tunes, I think GT5 and GT6 will not have many tunes I will hear, and remember blasting about the Island of Capri in a Lancia Delta S4 looning about the hairpins.

Replays still has the music on I think, but I am too lazy to alter that as I tend to be looking at camera angles and lines and not paying attention to the latest DubStep ensemble from Wisconsin.

Never liked music in my driving games. Some cars have good sounds if you upgrade exhaust and change your TV sound settings (i.e. SRS, equi-sound, surround, bbe, etc). Only one that ever worked was Initial D Special Stage but eurobeat is really fast paced and fit well with the game.

As for GT6, I turn music off during racing but like the jazzy menu music. I created a playlist with music I liked from GT 2~6 and added some Cinematic Orchestra, Skalpel, Amon Tobin, and a few other randoms that have good remixes. Need more jazzy stuff.

Since the playlist thingy on the PS3 is utterly and entirely incompetent at deciphering the complete contents of music that I have placed on to the hard drive, I want to give in game music the big F.O. because I get pissed with it for playing me the same 20-30 songs every hour or two when each of my 5 playlists actually consists of well over 350 tracks and almost up to the 512 track limit. :mad:

If it worked correctly I should not be hearing any tracks twice in the same day let alone 3-4 times within an hour or two as it does now. The PS3 playlist shuffle has completely ignored 80-90% of my music as far as I am concerned. :irked:

And before you ask, they are all encoded to identical specs for which the PS3 supposedly has no problems with its playback ability, they all play fine when selected individually from the XMB. :boggled:

Last edited:
I'm listening in races only,BGMs from old ps1 racing games. There's songs from GT1,GT2,Test Drive 5 and 6,and some others...

I have never been able to get my custom background music to work. I can't figure out why. I have songs in folders on the music section of my ps3. I select them and check off use personal background music...nothing. No sound other than menu clicks :( Anyone had the same happen to them?

Edit - I figured it out. There is menu BGM volume and custom BGM volume. My custom volume was down to zero for some reason.

Last edited:
I searched gtplanet looking for a thread about custom BGM. I was hoping to find one in the
The Rumble Strip. Maybe this thread could be moved there.

I run my room with no mics, one of the biggest reasons is so I can play custom back ground music.

Someone has started a fan forum site for those that race in my room, I started a thread about custom music there earlier tonight.

Here is what I posted.

Sinéad O'Connor cover of an ABBA song.

Skinny Puppy, a lovely Canadian band.
Uncensored video here, violence - extreme gore.

For the menus I've gotten a lot of menu music from previous GT's such as GT3's dealership music and a heap of GT4's music. Brings back the good ol times where me and my friends would be doing wheelie glitches in escudos

Now that my personal music seems to be working properly, I built a short playlist of about 80 songs for racing & replays, and another (even shorter) playlist of about 40 songs for the menus. Mostly stuff from...

RACE MUSIC
Van Halen
Kiss
Sixx: A.M.
Guns-N-Roses
Garbage
AC/DC
Slash
Motley Crue
Bruce Kulick
Ace Frehley
Stray Cats
Ozzy Osbourne
Pearl Jam
White Zombie

MENU MUSIC
Frank Sinatra
Hugh Laurie
Spyro Gyra
Venus Hum
Blue Man Group
Men at Work

Just One Second by London Elektricity
Underground King - Drake
Commander - Steve Jablonsky
Archangel (Mt. Eden Remix) - Burial
Light Up (freestyle) - Ace Hood
Hustle Hard - Ace Hood

Now that my personal music seems to be working properly, I built a short playlist of about 80 songs for racing & replays, and another (even shorter) playlist of about 40 songs for the menus. Mostly stuff from...

RACE MUSIC
Van Halen
Kiss
Sixx: A.M.
Guns-N-Roses
Garbage
AC/DC
Slash
Motley Crue
Bruce Kulick
Ace Frehley
Stray Cats
Ozzy Osbourne
Pearl Jam
White Zombie

MENU MUSIC
Frank Sinatra
Hugh Laurie
Spyro Gyra
Venus Hum
Blue Man Group
Men at Work

I f I could like this post more....I would. :)

I don't see the option in the poll for "PBG music in replays only". I race with no music, default (but filtered) music in menus, and PBG music for replays, which also plays during the demo mode. I went through my entire music library and picked only quick tempo songs that went with the GT driving scenes I was watching at the time. Playlist maxed-out at a little over 8 hours so it's a long time between repeats if you shuffle.

All my songs are from GT1 to GT5 OST, and the entire race musics from GT4 (still holds the best soundtracks among all GT games) and GT5.

I listen to Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Crooked vultures and all things josh homme. But at the mo it's the rock soundtrack from the ps2 game L.A. Rush...remember that one??!

Race Music: Copyrighted musics and racing musics from several games.

Menu Music: Royalty-free, Musics from Game's Menus and Non-Copyrighted sounds.

If I want music I put the stereo on, that way I have full control over what I am listening to. No songs played part way through & I can select what I am in the mood for.

All the time in the menus, except when buying & tuning many cars in a row. When racing, I turn it off when things get serious. It is always on during replays.
Playlist currently consists of :
Tortoise (lots of), Tabla beat science, Prince (lots of), Amon Tobin, Cinematic orchestra, Roots Manuva, N.W.A, Big L, Wu-tang, LOTU, J Rocc, Dilla, Madlib, Nujabes, Lightning Bolt, Giorgio Moroder, Boredoms, Kirihito, Crusaders, Minnie Riperton, Weather Report, Billy Cobham, Massacre, Ryoji Ikeda, Eumir Deodato, The Meters, Steve Coleman & Metrics, St-Germain, Erik Truffaz quartet w\Nya, Jeff Beck (classic muscle car lover & crafter), Roni Size, Black Star, Wes Montgomery, the Skatalites and the piano tracks by Lang Lang from GT5.
As well as other stuff I'm not proud of like Dire Straits or Phoenix...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back