What's Innovative about GT5 ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter toothache
  • 35 comments
  • 3,056 views
Name one innovative game this entire gen (Demons Souls, Heavy Rain.....), not many? A game doesnt have to be innovative. BUT, name one racer with everything Gt has in 1 package? Others have weather, but not everything else to go with it on top of the realism. How can you expect a game to be innovative after every iteration? This is a prime example of grossly too high of expectations.
 
Last edited:
It replicates night time at Le Mans better than I thought I'd ever see a video game be able to achieve.

I could only dream of the quality of lighting and reflections on show here. The lighting of objects as you drive past, the night time blur effect of tail lights in the distance, the blinding reflections as the harshest part of the headlight beam sweeps across a bollard or sign. Amazing. Jaw dropping.

I was partly sold on the game because of the inclusion of Le Mans and the Nurburgring. I've got Rfactor and GTR2 for recreating ALMS, Le Mans and VLN fields, but in terms of a realistic visual representation of these two circuits, and for the experience of driving round them in different conditions and cars, this was a must-own.
 
In 1983 Enduro featured a day/night cycle with variable weather (in every race), and literally hundreds of cars on the track at once.

I guess that must mean that todays games still have some catching up to do. :sly:

 
Last edited:
nothing inovative about this game at all
its the same as GT1 which is like 20 years old
but i love it
 
It's inovative when you compare it to other GT games. What more can you do in the racing genre to really make a difference? Can't think of anything.
 
1080p @ 60 fps
+200 10000 polygon cars
one of the best physics engine
+30 highly detailed tracks
all the rest

There is no other game on the marked that even comes close. The best one is Forza 3(great game) which has worse graphics, physics engine and a lot less features. And Forza doesn't support common steering wheels. Other competitors are pc only like Iracing, which are not really games but more hardcore simulators.
 
Back