What's on your feet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 06gttoyota
  • 81 comments
  • 5,652 views
Same thing I wear at the local track.
lowtop.jpg


Might as well practice in the same environment as you compete in.
Although I don't wear my helmet in the living room. :lol:

I just lol'd so hard at the helmet comment! :lol:

On topic, I use my bare feet most of the time because I have the DFGT.
 
When I'm just having fun (most of the time) I just go barefoot. When I'm really trying to set good times I'll wear my Pumas driving shoes.
 
Bare feet for me, gets the best feel, as well i find myself modulating the brake and acceleration with my big toe/s.

one question how many ppl left foot brake, not just occasional i mean all the time?

in saying that i dont have a clutch.
 
Steel toe cap rigger boots lol only kidding I don't have a wheel
 
I wear socks for my G27 pedals. The socks are important though, they must be good socks. I use some socks I got from Marks n Spencers a while ago, the bottom is incredibly grippy for cotton. I tried them with some crappy sports socks and my feet keep slipping all over the place.

Thinking of getting some racing shoes but as far as I can tell, i'm looking at £50+ which is on par with my daily casual shoes, which really isn't worth it because what I essentially want is a wrap around rubber sock. Hmm, I could just buy some veruca socks...
 
No shoes or socks. I find that I get better feel on my G25 pedals barefoot. If I ever get myself the T500RS, I might have to invest in a good thin soled shoes like these ones (not necessary a Puma but a good knockoff that's cheap and does the job):

Mens-Puma-Speed-Cat-Shoes-Black-Silver.jpg
 
Bare feet for me, gets the best feel, as well i find myself modulating the brake and acceleration with my big toe/s.

one question how many ppl left foot brake, not just occasional i mean all the time?

in saying that i dont have a clutch.

I left foot brake in the game and in real life.
 
Socks. I find G27 pedals quiet softer compared to real cars.
 
these(with a back)
FF_242064_xl.jpg

nice grippy soul and good feel for the pedals
 
Socks or nothing, I'm sitting in my living room playing using a DFGT so I use the thinest thing possible.
+1
Apparently, you're not meant to drive for real in bare feet in the UK either.
 
hahaha nice thread.

i wear socks, and only socks :)
Everything else just takes away the feeling :)))
 
I'm usually a socks person as I can just take off whatever shoes I had at the time.

If I'm wearing my Ferrari Pumas or Driving Moccasins I keep them on, anything else I can't feel anything with. I rarely do a special footwear change to drive though.
 
For those of you who use a wheel. What is on your feet? I use the old school method, Socks! Pics of those with racing shoes would be nice

Thanks


Happy Racing!



Sim Boots
 
these(with a back)
FF_242064_xl.jpg

nice grippy soul and good feel for the pedals

Haha these made me laff il try find a pic of my footwear dunlop slippers with a heel.
 
Naked feet on ecci pedals (but no clutch on my model)

ecci.jpg
 
Nothing as with the flimsy pedals that come with the DFP even socks seem to take away from the little feel that the pedals can give.
 
SkateNj
these(with a back)

nice grippy soul and good feel for the pedals

Ha ha. I wear almost the exact same thing, just in plain black though. Thin sole so you can feel the pedals better than sneakers, sandals, or flip flops.
 
I always play naked. The pedals on the DFGT are way too light anyway.
 
being a skater i might get some disrespect from this but hey, a few rally/rallycross competitors (aside from the obvious action sports stars) use these so give it a shot ;D

shoe-vans-transistor-bild_12648.jpg


genThumb.php
 
I don't have feet,.........jk, don't even have a pedal but this thread is perfect for joking around:))if I had a steering wheel and all.thT is wear those athletic rubber footshaped shoes:))
 
being a skater i might get some disrespect from this but hey, a few rally/rallycross competitors (aside from the obvious action sports stars) use these so give it a shot ;D

shoe-vans-transistor-bild_12648.jpg


genThumb.php

haha ive had both those shoes to skate and they exploded in like 3 weeks
i really liked them to:guilty:
 
Interesting thread :)
socks for me! DFGT
 
Although I use DS3 most of the time, I use either New Rock's because I'm cool like that, or racing boots :P
 
i use a DFGT wheel and tried with no socks...but for me with socks it allows me to slide on/off the pedals giving me a better "feel"....also i ALWAYS left foot brake LMAO
 
Back