Whats the best American Muscle car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ollie123
  • 30 comments
  • 5,779 views
Messages
20
Messages
ALICEinSUNDERLND
Hi, I want to do the American muscle car championship thing but was wondering what is the best one?

Many thanks, Ollie.
 
Personally, I like the Challenger. It's really up to personal preference, as you'll need to buy a fully customizable tranny with any of the cars to win the race, otherwise you'll just be bouncing off the limiter the whole race.
 
I just went back for that one today and finished both A and B spec modes with the premium 69 singray. I chose it because it also counts in that classic cars race on the lowest tier (where it murders everybody).

The catch is that the stingray really needs the customizable racing transmission to get its top speed up, but it is fairly inexpensive from the start, and light tuning with weight reduction turns it into a real beast. It's actually pretty light after that first weight reduction, and it handled just fine.

BTW, the prizes for those muscle a and b spec races are more exotic muscle cars (the b-spec is a cobra). So don't worry about missing out on more exotic muscle because you blew money on a lesser one.
 
Last edited:
I went with the 69 stingray as well. I know the Chrome Cobra for some reason doesn't qualify and quite frankly, considering how much work my B-Spec driver needs to pilot around, I'm glad its not used. I can't get that car to steer for the life of me.
 
My Lvl5 Car token gave me a '69 Camaro so I used that.
 
I used the '71 Mustang in B-Spec and picked up the Cobra. Once you get that Cobra, a couple go fast parts, and just the sports 5-speed it will clean house in any classic race. That thing can hit over 170mph with just the regular 5-speed upgrade, so no need to drop the coin for the fully adjustable tranny.
 
I used the (p) 70 challenger r/t, got the job done. I think the 62 buick special is probably the best "muscle car" in the game though.
 
zo6 zr1 2010 camaro, 2000 mustang cobra r those are my favs its really personal prefrence
 
I used the Corvette convertible with a five speed, better tires and a couple engine mods. Nothing extreme but I had used it in other races too so it made sense to use it in this one too.
 
62 buick is the best it accelarate like a mofo.
 
OK, so im thinking of getting the stingray. Where do I get it from?

Ollie.
 
OK, so im thinking of getting the stingray. Where do I get it from?

Ollie.

Chevy dealersip if you want the premium one, I think there is a hard top one in the used car lot too.
 
Z28 69'? Sorry for the noobish coments but i dont see stingray...
 
Z28 69'? Sorry for the noobish coments but i dont see stingray...

It should be the next car over from the Camaro in the Chevy dealer.
 
Buick Special '62 without a shadow of a doubt,Enzo killer straight of of the lorry,200mph down the Hunaudiere!!! And it doesn't handle like a boat either : )
 
I bought a Ford GT for the job, gave the engine a slight tune and stuck some racing tyres on it and it was a breeze.
 
It goes in this order : Camero z28 69' , Corvette convertible then the camero ss. Is it the SS because the convertible doesn't look like a muscle car?
 
Dodge viper srt acer

It drives,sounds and looks like a beast

I killed many with this one
 
You win the buick from one of the amateur races I think.
 
You win the buick from one of the amateur races I think.

Isn't it the Muscle Car race? i.e. (in true GT style) you win the car you need for the race when you win the race...
 
haha...great! gues im buying the cheapest muscle car then :grumpy:
 
Isn't it the Muscle Car race? i.e. (in true GT style) you win the car you need for the race when you win the race...

Hah, that's probably true.

I killed that race with a panther pink '70 challenger r/t. ;)
 
Buick Special '62 without a shadow of a doubt,Enzo killer straight of of the lorry,200mph down the Hunaudiere!!! And it doesn't handle like a boat either : )

He speaks the truth
 
I used the Shelby GT350R from the used car lot. It might have needed some light tuning, I can't recall. For the Modern Muscle race, I think I bought a ZR-1 (C6). Sure it's overkill but it pays for itself as it can win the American Championship when fully (race) modified.
 
I ended up using the Corvette convertible C3. It was a close one! I needed to put 2 engine tunes on it.

Ollie.
 
Back