What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
Tommykiara ZZII '00. It can get over 430 km/h (Without NOS) fully tuned and unlike cars like the RUF CTR2 and the GTR black edition, You can drive full speed around the corners in SSRX without losing grip.

Nissan GTR 2012 Black Edition, win easily with a tune. $140K with the 200% log in bonus.
Can you recommend a tune that works well for this track with this car?
The tune I found is awful, the car just skids constantly.
Maybe it's just me, but this car seems rubbish for this event. Surely for like the wind you need a car that doesn't skid out ?

What I'm getting from this thread is basically, 'choose any car you like'
Everyone seems to have a favourite as so many are listed here that can 'easily' win.

Not in my world lol
All the cars I've tried have been either far to skiddy, or grippy, but too slow.

I think this game is not very good for very fast racing unless you have a steering wheel
I use a controller and the high powered cars are so hard to control.

Slam it down, set front springs & dampers higher than rear, roll bars 7, toe & camber 0. Keep the diff open. Do not use active steering, asm, or a flat floor.

Maybe it's just me, but this car seems rubbish for this event. Surely for like the wind you need a car that doesn't skid out ?

What I'm getting from this thread is basically, 'choose any car you like'
Everyone seems to have a favourite as so many are listed here that can 'easily' win.

Not in my world lol
All the cars I've tried have been either far to skiddy, or grippy, but too slow.

I think this game is not very good for very fast racing unless you have a steering wheel
I use a controller and the high powered cars are so hard to control.

You'll probably find yourself struggling to keep up with the Nissan GTR 2012 Black Edition for high speed tracks/races like "Like the Wind". It's a good car otherwise but not so much for these particular tracks and races. Not saying it's impossible but would be a struggle, especially on the third track "Special Stage Route X" which has very long straights. Cars with higher PP closer to the PP required you would be better off with. The Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 would be more suitable...with tuning upgrades of course. That worked for me.

Now if you buy and use the Chevrolet Chapparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo or the Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo you'll beat them much easier too. Those cars will eat them up raw. Easy handling also. You would just have to lower the Power Limiter in Power settings to drop the PP to the required amount, 750 PP, and you're good to go. Other similar high powered cars will also work. These are more suitable for these high speed tracks and PP level.

You'll probably find yourself struggling to keep up with the Nissan GTR 2012 Black Edition for high speed tracks/races like "Like the Wind". It's a good car otherwise but not so much for these particular tracks and races. Not saying it's impossible but would be a struggle, especially on the third track "Special Stage Route X" which has very long straights. Cars with higher PP closer to the PP required you would be better off with. The Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 would be more suitable...with tuning upgrades of course. That worked for me.

Now if you buy and use the Chevrolet Chapparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo or the Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo you'll beat them much easier too. Those cars will eat them up raw. Easy handling also. You would just have to lower the Power Limiter in Power settings to drop the PP to the required amount, 750 PP, and you're good to go. Other similar high powered cars will also work. These are more suitable for these high speed tracks and PP level.
Lol what? The Black Edition is a great car for route x, it can go 300 by itself and yet you recommend a car that can't even get 270 and a car with a ton of downforce? You're joking right?

Lol what? The Black Edition is a great car for route x, it can go 300 by itself and yet you recommend a car that can't even get 270 and a car with a ton of downforce? You're joking right?
Thanks for the tips guys.
All I know is, with my ability, and without a wheel, I don't stand a chance in hell of winning with the Black edition. Just too skiddy.

Can anyone confirm they can drive cars like the Nissan Black Edition or the Ayrton Senna Racecar with just a PS3 controller.
It seems anything above 600PP is almost impossible to manage without a wheel?

Last edited:
All I know is, with my ability, and without a wheel, I don't stand a chance in hell of winning with the Black edition. Just too skiddy.

Can anyone confirm they can drive cars like the Nissan Black Edition or the Ayrton Senna Racecar with just a PS3 controller.

I can't drive those cars with a DS3, but there are literally thousands of incredibly fast people who can.

If you are enjoying GT6 with a DS3 and you have the space and budget I strongly advise getting a decent wheel and stand - it will transform your immersion in the game and your pleasure - it is like a whole new game! - much more like driving a real car and much easier for a novice to make accurate inputs. I switched to a wheel soon after getting Gt5 and at first I thought - "this is a lot of money to spend on a game peripheral", but it is well worth it - it transforms a game into a hobby.

I can't drive those cars with a DS3, but there are literally thousands of incredibly fast people who can.

If you are enjoying GT6 with a DS3 and you have the space and budget I strongly advise getting a decent wheel and stand - it will transform your immersion in the game and your pleasure - it is like a whole new game! - much more like driving a real car and much easier for a novice to make accurate inputs. I switched to a wheel soon after getting Gt5 and at first I thought - "this is a lot of money to spend on a game peripheral", but it is well worth it - it transforms a game into a hobby.

I probably will yes.
I'm currently in India, but when I'm in the UK a wheel is on my wish list.

Until then, are there any cars at all above 650pp that are not too bad with a DS3 for amateurs like me?
Other wise I'll stick to my Dodge, Camera & Tesla until I get my wheel!

I probably will yes.
I'm currently in India, but when I'm in the UK a wheel is on my wish list.

Until then, are there any cars at all above 650pp that are not too bad with a DS3 for amateurs like me?
Other wise I'll stick to my Dodge, Camera & Tesla until I get my wheel!

I can't help you with the car suggestions as I don't use a DS3, but if you want any advice on wheels or stands in the future feel free to send me a message.

All I race with is a DC3 as I don't have a wheel.
What I can tell you for sure is you can win easily with the cars I mentioned: The Sauber Mercedes C9 '89...with tuning upgrades of course.
.... Or better yet the Chevrolet Chapparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo or the Tomahawk S Vision Gran Truismo.

Thank me later.

Yeah the Chapparall VGT is what I used for Indy and well, It is a beast. I was unsure about SSRX as I am not sure it would beat the Veyrons in the event.

I have a Driving Force GT but I am so used to the DS3 and I hate the shimmying at high speeds that I rarely use it.

All I race with is a DC3 as I don't have a wheel.
What I can tell you for sure is you can win easily with the cars I mentioned: The Sauber Mercedes C9 '89...with tuning upgrades of course.
.... Or better yet the Chevrolet Chapparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo or the Tomahawk S Vision Gran Truismo.

Thank me later.
The Tomahawk is so easy.
Thanks for you recommendations.

Now I have a few cars that I can manage and have fun with using the PS3 controller.
I'm still able to challenge myself by trying to reduce lap times etc.

I'll try much harder cars if/when I get a wheel !

""I can't help you with the car suggestions as I don't use a DS3, but if you want any advice on wheels or stands in the future feel free to send me a message.""

Sorry I didn't figure out how to use 'multi quote' in here.

Thanks, I would appreciate your advice in a few months from now when I will be in the UK.

Last edited:
Take any car with 800 hp or more buu costomizable trans set to lowest possible that turn the final gear down till the lines look about that same as default. If it doesn't get the speeds it needs then turn final gear down more. If you can't accelerate at the needed rate the turn it up. My veyron hit 300 without nos or drafting from doing this. My th hit 427 without nos or drafting. I even have a 200mph civic. Clever tuneing is what it takes to be unstoppable

Corvette Z06 race car version. Last page in cheverolet. Change the oil first Fully upgrade it. gearing maxed out to top speed then top gear maxed out. Click the final drive to 3.365. Lower the rear to lowest. Front up 10 from bottom. Lowest downforce settings. 0 front n rear camber. Extension to 4f 4r. Compression at 3f 3 r. Toe in .20rear. 0 front Goes 308mph under its own power. And maintains it. Pulls 280+ up to 290 if ur steady thru curves. Have gotten it up to 323 drafting other cars but have to be careful because it catches up and blows by them crazy fast. I turned in a 3:51.410 lap time with it. 39+ secs ahead of the veyron

Is there any car that hits at least 540 km/h (335 mph) or more without NOS (but still being upgradable with NOS) and still below 750PP?

I need to earn as much cash as fast as possible...

T.S.O.M.

Latest Posts

Back