What's the best car for Like the Wind?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by RIPCDE, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Streeto

Streeto

:tup:

On topic; I would use something like a GTR-BE or a Supra RZ for the SSRX race, as I'm pretty sure they'll annihilate those cars on top speed but on tighter tracks you probably need a race car to keep up in the corners.

2. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

You can but FIA can stop you over tuning it so it goes ridiculously fast like someone said on this forum that their R10 can do 272 on gt6 . That's cool but Pretty sure In reality it can only do 230 on the mulsanne straight

3. Streeto

Streeto

Yeah, some of the speeds cars can achieve are pretty questionable, there's definitely something not right in either the downforce coding that effects top speed, or air resistance just isn't a thing and most cars are only limited by their engine/transmission.

4. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

Only car is half accurate is the Sauber C9 . It hit 249 in reality. It does the same in gt6 .

5. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

( Mph not kmh )

6. Streeto

Streeto

Yeah I figured lol, oh and try not to double post like that man, nasty moderators around here will give you warning points for that. :lol:

:gtpflag:

ApexDrift123 likes this.
  7. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

No they won't, they'll just tell you not to do it again.

Grandea GTR likes this.
  8. Streeto

Streeto

Pretty sure it's against their precious "AUP" and if you do it continuously you can get an infraction. I've seen it happen.

This thread is about to derail so we better get it back on track.

9. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

It's not in the AUP, and yes if you do it continuously you will get an infraction. But you can't really say that it doesn't make sense.

Grandea GTR likes this.
  10. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

Let's get back on topic lol

1st gear and Streeto like this.
  11. 1st gear

1st gear

Agree Scer! But it kept on going... :) 311 was max limit I could set! ..

12. 1st gear

1st gear

Guy's - anybody with a final time on Race 3 ? I thought I got a good one yesterday.... anybody got me? DSC03683.JPG

13. 1st gear

1st gear

How about race 1 - anybody? So far my best after 5 laps is in my Minolta Toyota 88C-V... :) (Downforce set to original) DSC03895.JPG DSC03885.JPG DSC03886.JPG

14. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

Hmm , I never understood why a 1966 car can beat a Sauber C9 at SSRX

1st gear likes this.
  15. 1st gear

1st gear

Me too ApexDrift123 - I have them both fully tuned and my best time with the Sauber C9 up till today is 3:30,4. Sorry - this is the Indianapolis MS (Race1)..

16. 1st gear

1st gear

On the other hand - have you tried the Aston Martin - One-77 '11 on the SSRX ? It's a "mind-blower"! - I really enjoyed that one!

17. ApexDrift123

ApexDrift123

No , I must try it

1st gear likes this.
  18. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Because it's the custom Toronado driven by Jay Leno. It has a modified Twin Turbo LS-Type engine from the newer Corvette.

1st gear likes this.
  19. sk8er913

sk8er913

Cars by decade in that photo:
    60s = 1
    70s = 1
    80s = 3
    90s = 5
    00s = 5
    10s = 1

Average position of each:
    80s = 3.667th
    70s = 5th
    90s = 8.4th
    00s = 9.2nd
    10s = 14th
    60s = 16th

By classification:
    Group C (3 cars)= 3.667th
    LMP newer than 1989 (4 cars): 5th
    LMP older than 1989 (1 car): 5th
    GT Cars (4 cars): 10.75th
    Super Cars (4 cars) : 14.25th

Is it a surprise to anyone that 1989 LMPs win practically every evaluation of results? :D

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    1st gear likes this.
  20. 1st gear

1st gear

Only for Race 3 though (SSRX) - it will not make it quick enough on the other two races. ENJOY there ApexDrift123 :)

21. 1st gear

1st gear

On race 1 - so far the best Normal Car I have in my garage is the Ferrari FXX '07 - fully tuned. Best total time after 5 laps so far 3:48,4. (see attached video) - Any other normal cars out there faster?

22. 1st gear

1st gear

-------

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  23. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

You posted the same thing twice.

1st gear likes this.
  24. 1st gear

1st gear

Thanks a lot Grandea GTR! Just happened I had to resubmit the page and then in came up twice..... I couldn't delete the post - but I got the 2nd video deleted.

25. davidt33

davidt33

Sauber Mercedez C9 '89 for the win. After tossing for a good while to decide which car to buy between the Pescarolo C60 Hybride '05 (as recommended by Andrew Evans, author of GTPlanet's Gran Turismo 6: The Unauthorized Player’s Guide E-Book) or the Sauber Mercedez C9 '89, I decided to buy the Sauber Mercedes.... (1) Because I just preferred the look of it and (2) Because of the greater HP and light weight. Here's how it went:

• Race 1 (Indianapolis): 1st place, on first try. Car ran like a bullet.
    • Race 2 (Special Stage Route 7): 1st place. This track was narrower with some corners you have to slow down to negotiate and some cars tried to block but overtook them nevertheless.
    • Race 3 (Special Stage Route X): 1st place. Increased Max HP a bit, took to the right hand side of the track with full trottle on accelerator and the very Sauber whizzed past all contenders like a speeding bullet on steroids.

All in all, it was money well spent for the Sauber and I'm well on my way to recovering the investment, especially with the bonus credits for signing in to PSN.
    Also glad I bought GTPlantet's Andrew Evans Gran Turismo 6: The Unauthorized Player’s Guide E-Book for insights into the various races. Gonna come in very handy.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  26. flynch3211

flynch3211

A properly clibrated 2X shoould beat that no?

27. davidt33

davidt33

Which car is the 2X again? Manufacturer etc.

28. flynch3211

flynch3211

Chapparal VGT

29. davidt33

davidt33

Not sure about the Chapparal VGT.
    I was thinking maybe you were referring to the Ferrari FXX '07. That car from what I've seen in the race results has done excellently including starting from the back of the pack to speed past the bunch and beat even the highly favoured Pescarolo C60 Hybride '05. I'm actually thinking of investing in the Ferrari FXX '07 as a result.

30. flynch3211

flynch3211

The Chevy-Chapparal 2X ( and not the Ferrari FXX) is a Vision GT car that makes IMO the Red Bull Fan car look like a lada. Even if the Motorization is an utopia, I was able to acheive speeds in the 400+ KM/H on straights ( especially sarthe and Nordschleife), and the power was limited to 72% at the time. plus, all four wheels are turning. It takes time to adjust to a 4-wheel turning car, but in the end, you fly at the speed of an F5 tornado. It's a million bucks at the VGT dealer if you missed the seasonal

EDIT: May I remind that the alledged speed was 386 Km/h everywhere I read for the car?

EDIT again: How much is the FXX? and also, I surely would see some sort of event of 2x vs. redbulls.