what's the best track for tuning

United States
ohio
beretta-gt88
I noticed there's not test track for tuning 1/4 mile runs and top speed runs, where is the majority of tuners tuning there cars at? I can't find the practice mode is it not included this time? Do I go to Arcade to practice?

If you're tuning for 1/4 mile and top speed the obvious choice is SSRX. If you're interested in corners try shorter tracks like Grand Valley East, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring...plenty of choices. It's been a while but Apricot Hill is probably a good one.

Do I goto Arcade to tune then or what?
Not sure what the verdict is on physics online vs. offline, but getting online is much faster now and much simpler. I've been tuning online in a small lobby, limited to 4 people and friends only so no randoms interfere.

Silverstone Stowe Circuit. Tight little circuit with a good mix of turns that test your suspension. A short lap which gives you better feedback in terms of time (because any time gained or lost through setup changes is a bigger part of the overall laptime over a short track than somewhere like Spa).

Streets of Willow is a good for me right now. And of course the ring is a grrat place as well. I really wish they included the 4 TT sections of the ring like they had in GT5...............PLEASE bring this back.........:cheers:

Nurburgring GP is a great test track as it sports a little of everything. Highspeed start, followed by a 100 deg right, followed by a looping left into a short tight S with a high powered get away. Into a 3rd or 4th gear left into a hard down hill brake. Another high powered get away into the high speed Shumaker S. For long runs I like La Sarthe.

Whenever I tune (or attempt too :lol:) I run at Tsukuba.
Tsukuba is excellent for tuning. It's basically a simple series of constant radius corners of different sizes, perfect for diagnosing corner entry and exit behavior. It's also short, so you can do lots of back-to-back runs in less time. After that, I'll use the Nordschleife to see how it handles a real challenge.

Trial mountain- it has tight stuff, long straight, high speed combination turns, and elevation change. You can also run it backward! Just no banking.

I generally do Ascari when I want to test cornering etc.. and one of those special route tracks(the really long straight one) for testing max speed and transmission.

I generally do Ascari when I want to test cornering etc.. and one of those special route tracks(the really long straight one) for testing max speed and transmission.

I like Ascari as well, although I have noticed some of my cars seem to have less traction there. This of course means that whenever I like how the car drives there it is usually better on the next track. Exception being the V12 Vantage, as that car seems to hate me for some reason

Suzuka for the first base. Balance, grip, change of directions, accel or braking, high speed, low speed, after i test on some bumpy tracks too. I love eiger for the hairpins down the slope.

The most important is to be regular and to know every centimeter of the track.

I think Ascari has got to be the best one because of the mix of corners, but I've been using Bathurst. In picking a track I want one with a good mix of straights and corners, good mix of both. Ascari has the long straight and a great mix of corners, but I've started using Bathurst because A. its one of 3 tracks I feel I've totally mastered, and B. because online a car that's quick in the turns isn't working. Online its really hard to pass in the corners with the way that most people drive, so I've been tuning at Bathurst to make sure my tune has a bit more of a straight line presence. Also, riding the dips and bobs of the Bathurst pavement creates a car with great stability.

Silverstone Stowe Circuit. Tight little circuit with a good mix of turns that test your suspension. A short lap which gives you better feedback in terms of time (because any time gained or lost through setup changes is a bigger part of the overall laptime over a short track than somewhere like Spa).
GREAT POINT danardif1 - tuning on a shorter track allows you to see time differences MUCH easier than a larger track where more things can happen (making errors) between the start of a lap and finish of a lap

Like others have said the most important thing is to know the track like the back of your hand. Know what the fastest times you can post for a given performance level. Know the speeds of corners. Know the braking zones. And last be consistent at setting your times. If you can't get within 1 second of your time consistently then it's going to be very hard to tell if the little adjustments are actually working.

BTW my vote is Deep Forest. High speed and mid speed corners with elevation and camber. It also has a few places that will disrupt your suspension to bring out your cars demons. The only thing it's missing is low speed 2nd gear stuff.

I noticed there's not test track for tuning 1/4 mile runs and top speed runs, where is the majority of tuners tuning there cars at? I can't find the practice mode is it not included this time? Do I go to Arcade to practice?

you tune for the track you plan on running the car at .... but for just a half arsed general tune i use suzuka east (momentum tune) or twin ring full (stop and go tune)
"the best tuning track" does not exist imo , tune for specific track only

Back