What's the car you love and/or hate to drive?

VYPA-SQUAD_Ace/YungThugga08
Like the title asks, what's the car you've had the most fun in so far?

I don't have the game yet, so I'd like to make a list of the cars people used to drive. Maybe find some hidden gems I wouldn't have thought about at first.

Hard to pick just one. Old GP cars, like the Honda RA300 or the Alfa 158, are incredibly satisfying, but also very skill-intensive. The Oreca FLM09, returning from the FM4 days, is almost addictive. Some of the GT cars, like the Emil Frey Jaguar, are also a joy to drive. Group C and Group 5 cars will require some finesse, but they feel mighty fast - as they should. And the list goes on and on.... But if you want two stout, reliable, easy-driven performers, look no further than the classics: the Mazda MX5 is unsurprisingly the most bang that you can get for the least buck: the Super20 is something special, but any of its incarnations will be fun. Anything in the Vintage SpoCom division will also be exhilarating to drive in homologated trim.

Truth to be told, it'd be easier to say which cars aren't fun to drive: it'd be a very short list indeed.

Running stock, or do you have a tune on it?

Completely stock apart from homologation parts (well, as stock as a tuner car can get).

The only downside is that it was a specialty dealer car so you may have a hard time coming by one.

Completely stock apart from homologation parts (well, as stock as a tuner car can get).

The only downside is that it was a specialty dealer car so you may have a hard time coming by one.

Ah, crap.

Hard to pick just one. Old GP cars, like the Honda RA300 or the Alfa 158, are incredibly satisfying, but also very skill-intensive. The Oreca FLM09, returning from the FM4 days, is almost addictive. Some of the GT cars, like the Emil Frey Jaguar, are also a joy to drive. Group C and Group 5 cars will require some finesse, but they feel mighty fast - as they should. And the list goes on and on.... But if you want two stout, reliable, easy-driven performers, look no further than the classics: the Mazda MX5 is unsurprisingly the most bang that you can get for the least buck: the Super20 is something special, but any of its incarnations will be fun. Anything in the Vintage SpoCom division will also be exhilarating to drive in homologated trim.

Truth to be told, it'd be easier to say which cars aren't fun to drive: it'd be a very short list indeed.

I should add that to the OP, lol.

Honestly, I'm enjoying nearly every car in Forza 7. The only ones I have a slight distaste for are the Indy Cars.

I just find them a bit understeery out of the box. Case in point is the Josef Newgarden Bounty Challenge. The Indycar doesn't handle Road America very well.
I did not like it there either. Nothing against the car and I have noticed this on a couple of other cars as well. The steering ratio there seemed just wrong, had to turn the wheel more than I would expect to get the car around a corner. I found myself driving off the track int he first few corners due to just not steering enough.

It seems pretty odd that i would need to turn the wheel less to go around the corner in an old muscle car than in a modern Indy car. I would think that the steering ratio on one of those in real life is much tighter than it is on the old muscle cars. I ended up changing the sensitivity on my wheel a bit just to get it around the track and quit after a few laps before I got a feel for it.

I have driven the Indy cars on other tracks and did not notice this with them anywhere else

I quite like the BAC Mono. Quite a nice drive compared to others in the same class ( looking at you lotus 3-11 and X bow R). I also found the Mercedes Race Truck was also a nice driver compared to what I was expecting.

As for Dislikes already mentioned the Lotus 3 11 and the X bow r also add to the list the Polaris Razor, the gymkhana focus and the murcialego. The last two for being under steering pigs stock

As of now, I absolutely love the Lola T70 MKIIIB, it's so good looking and handles quite well!

On the other hand, there's the F-150 Rock star Trophy Truck. Man, that thing is example of "better off-road than on". It's awesome to drive in FH3, you know, off-road, but in FM7 it will have you thinking of new ways to end your life...

Surprisingly one of my favorite cars to drive right now is a homologated G35. It's just so damn stable and has worked well as a general all around car right now. I recommend giving the car a chance yourself, or if you're feeling generous, you can download my tune for it :P

As for what I hate, I think everyone has said enough about the F150 Trophy Truck :lol:

Love: 60's Brabham. I was able to corner in a controlled four-wheel slide. Well, at least as long drivatars weren't around...
Hate: Formula E because how snappy loose it is. I know that it'll swap ends on entry, but I'll never know at which point and how quickly.

Love:
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo Montreal
Aston Martin DB5
Aston Martin DBR9
Aston Martin DBS
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Audi Sport Quattro
BMW Isetta
BMW M4 GTS
BMW M5 '09
BMW M6 '10
BMW Z3 M
BMW V12 LMR
BMW Z4
BMW X6M
Buick GSX
Chevy Corvette C6.R
Chevy Corvette C7 Z06
Chevy Corvette DP
Chevy Cruze WTCC
Chevy FLM09
Chevy Monte Carlo Donk FE
Dodge Omni GLHS
Dodge Viper ACR '16
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ferrari 312 T2
Ferrari 360 CS
Ferrari 575M
Ferrari 641
Ferrari F50 GT
Ford Crown Victoria
Ford Fusion NASCAR
Ford Mustang Fox Body Drag FE
Ford GT40 LM
Honda Civic Type R '16
Honda NSX-R '05
Jaguar F-Type Project 7
Jaguar XJR-9
Lotus 77
Mazda 787B
Mazda B09/86
Mazda Formula Mazda
Mazda MX-5 Super20
Mazda RX-3
Mazda RX-7 IMSA GTO
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4/4
McLaren P1 GTR
Mercedes-AMG GT R
Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
Mercedes-Benz Racing Truck
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9
Mercury Cougar XR-7 IMSA GTO
Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTO
Nissan GT-R GT500
Nissan R91CP
Peugeot 905 EVO 1
Pontiac G8 GXP
Porsche 911 991 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 996 GT3
Porsche 911 GT1
Porsche 918
Porsche Cayman GT4
Porsche RS Spyder EVO
Renault RS16

Hate:
Ariel Nomad
Ford F-150 Race Truck

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say this but I hate:

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo. A front wheel drive LMP just does not work.

I still hate the Formula E's... they're slow, they handle weirdly and they don't make sound, which is disorienting. Not a very fun experience all things considered.

So far I haven't found a favorite car, I did quite like the Huracan Super Trofeo and the '16 Viper ACR, those are currently the two with the most mileage on them, but I wouldn't say they're my absolute favorites. The AMG GT-R is pretty good too.

Love: Old Muscle Cars (driven 69 Mustang BOSS 302 the most), Retro Muscle (driven 1990 Camaro IROC-Z the most), and new Muscle. Also, there was a 1989 Audi Quattro race car that I drove for a series that was fantastic.
Hate: Hot Hatches, anything the resembles an economy car. Driving the off-road pickups on road courses sucks, too.

I will definitely stay away from that car.
Unfortunately there's a showcase event you have to do with it, so you'll need to tangle with it at least once. But then at least you'll understand why it was such a disaster. Even the AI won't pick it when you do Forza P1 class in free play. :lol:

Back