What's the longest you've stayed awake for?

Plague.Ghost

(Banned)
Spurred by the longest you've ever slept for thread, this is the LONGEST YOU'VE EVER STAYED AWAKE FOR— which I'll bet will be a helluva lot crazier!

I just pulled an all-nighter on no food and endless cans of coke and I was dancing in bare feet the snow for about 5 minutes outside. Sometimes when people say they're doing "sleep experiments" or "prolonged periods of staying awake". . .THEY'RE JUST ON CRACK.

So what's the longest you've ever stayed awake??? :scared: :dunce: :drool: :crazy:

Why is every letter of the thread title in capitals exept the first one?

The longest I've been awake for with no sleep at all was 63 hours.

In true internet fashion, someone is going to come in and state a ridiculously long length of time. (No, don't do it because I said not to. Dammit. I warned you.)

5 Billion years.

MdnIte
In true internet fashion, someone is going to come in and state a ridiculously long length of time. (No, don't do it because I said not to. Dammit. I warned you.)

Oops.

Around 60 while I was in "service"...

Didn't sleep for more than 10 afterwards...

MdnIte

I never sleep.

Except for 1997, obviously.

Nuts.

When I was 17 and stupid half a lifetime ago for me ... I went on a binge with loads of nasty amphetamins 👎 well over 4 days wide awake whizzing from late Sunday night until Thursday morning and ended up falling asleep on the floor in my flat and never woke for 2 days :dopey: then I was taken to hospital with gastro-interitus *(sp?)*

Damn those were the days! :P :sly:

but since then I never go over a day without sleep :)

Yeah, I kinda just realised that.:dopey:
Anyway. I've only once pulled an all nighter, it was at a friends birthday party. The next day I slept till night time and wasn't sure what day it was.

Radicool02
Yeah, I kinda just realised that.:dopey:
Anyway. I've only once pulled an all nighter, it was at a friends birthday party. The next day I slept till night time and wasn't sure what day it was.

I hate that. I've had times where I fall asleep around 3 or 4 and wake up at like 8 thinking it's a new day, but it's dark out and the house is filled with my mom's friends and I have no idea what's happening.

60 hours or something i stayed awake for. God knows why.

Woke up at 6am ready to go to work, went to work, got home at 7pm, stayed up for the Japanese grand prix, which finished at 6am, went to work got home at 7pm, stayed up all night partying, didnt get to sleep, played gt4 till 7am, went to work got home at 8pm and then finally went to sleep.

About 27-28 hours...staying up all night playing Halo2 and GT4 with 13 of your friends...then going outside at 5 AM in the rain and playing football...good times.

74 hours when I went to Europe...I was really tired but I only managed to sleep 8 hours when I did go to bed. Now staying up for endless days is pretty easy.

BlazinXtreme
74 hours when I went to Europe...I was really tired but I only managed to sleep 8 hours when I did go to bed. Now staying up for endless days is pretty easy.
Back in the day, if the outlook called for less than 4 hours sleep, I'd just stay up. School or no school... Today.. If I can stay up till 5 without falling apart, it's a good day....

Ya I learned how to stay awake when I went to college. Go to bed at 4am, get up at 8, go to class, and I'd be fine. Same when I worked at GM. I don't know my body is used to it now I guess, all I really need is 5 hours of sleep and I'm fresh and good to go.

Probably a maximum of 2 and a half days (roughly 60 hours). Second semester of 2nd year uni I would often wake up at 3 or 4 in the afternoon on Sunday and stay awake until the end of the day at uni on Monday (so 26 or 27 hours roughly). I also had a few days where I'd be awake at 10 or 11 on Sunday morning but not be able to sleep on Sunday night, so I'd stay awake until 6 or 7 on Monday evening.

Back in 1985 when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up my ship was under it.
We spent nearly three extra days out to sea.
Two of those days were spent looking for and salavging peices of the Shuttle.
I don't know how long I stayed awake, but I think I got like 3 hours sleep in 48.

Also, in my early coffee drinking days, I once drank the better part of 2 pots by myself and was awake for 36 straight hours.

I think the longest I stayed awake was 2 days. I was up for almost 22 hours last night though, and I wasn't even sleepy.

I can't tell you how long, but I need a lot of sleep, so I never stay up late or anything. I thought about it, and I think yesterday was the longest I ever stayed awake. Yesterday I was awake for 16 hours. I usually wake up at 6 am, and go to bed at 10 pm.

I'm a weakling. I think my max was about 21 hours. I like the prospect of spending 25 years of my life in bed, so I sleep 8 hours every night.

Back