whats this mod/part called?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SomeStrangeSin
  • 20 comments
  • 6,002 views
Messages
151
Messages
SomeStrangeSin
Sentinel_(GTA4)_(XS)_(rear).jpg


see the back window are those called some sort of shaders? i want to do that to my cars back window but i dont know where to get something like that a little help here?

yes i know thats grand theft auto 4
 
Rear window louvers.

thanks man if anyone is interested i plan on purchasing a 1971 datsun bluebird sss coup and plan on modding it. the louvers will go on it.

130_0902_02_z+1971_datsun_bluebird_coupe_sss+side_view.jpg


130_0704_10z+datsun_bluebird+side_view.jpg


130_0704_03z+datsun_bluebird+front_view.jpg


Im also going to paint the louvers the same color as the car.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't double post, simply use the edit button on the original post and add it in. ;)
 
Rear window louvers.

Bingo, although I don't see many people using them as a visual enhancement. If it's done right though, yeah, I guess.
 
In Sweden are those Rear window louvers popular on Volvo 240 and some other cars :)
 
I've seen louvers on plenty of Zs since it was a factory option, but never on a 510... not sure how it'd look. Judging by the way it looks on this 810, I'd definitely say... reconsider. LOL

ejzvpy.jpg
 
haha thanks for the advice too lazy tonight :grumpy:

Imagine what'd happen if the staff were too lazy to merge your double posts?
It's easier for us just to issue you a warning instead. ;)
Take good advice on board when it's offered.
 
Please don't double post, simply use the edit button on the original post and add it in. ;)

Never mind double posting, I'd say the priority is getting him to leave the poor car alone!
 
I remember those years ago on old Capri's ect.
Never liked them then nore now.
Though they would probably suit your classic.

Off topic slightly anybody know where this idea originated from?
 
I remember those years ago on old Capri's ect.
Never liked them then nore now.
Though they would probably suit your classic.

Off topic slightly anybody know where this idea originated from?

I'm guessing it's more of a practical thing rather than styling, fitted to keep water of the back window, long before rear wipers were common place such as Capri's
 
I'm guessing it's more of a practical thing rather than styling, fitted to keep water of the back window, long before rear wipers were common place such as Capri's

I ment as In which car they were 1sr fitted too.
 
It can look really good,but not in the same color as the car.

fotografija0049e.jpg
 
I saw an old Sapporo near my crib with that rear window things a while back.
they look ok in some cars, idk.
 
In Sweden are those Rear window louvers popular on Volvo 240 and some other cars :)

They were the coolest thing... in about 1977.
 
They were the coolest thing... in about 1977.

Totally agree

If you fit these just be aware that everywhere you drive, you will get groups of kids pointing and laughing, and laughing hard
 
I love the STD wings too...
 
I wouldn't put them on if I were you. They don't do anything but obstruct rear visibility and make you look ridiculous.
 
The only One of only 2 cars that suit louvres...

lamborghini_miura_sv.jpg


The other one being the Stratos....

Whistles innocently...
 
Last edited:
I think you'll find the Miura and Stratos to be very well suited to louvres.
 
Back