Whats up with the AI not pitting on Sardegna?

• Thread starter DYN4MO
  • 16 comments
England
England
Just doing my grind in GT3 cars on hard difficulty on Sardegna with lap times of 1:36's and running the whole 15 laps in under 26 mins yet I see some cars that are not even pitting near the end of the race.

How big is Mendoza's fuel tank on that V12 Vantage?

If you get past Portilla in the Viper at approximately lap 8, who's usually the fastest front runner, the game just cheese's the hell out of it to add some extra difficulty and lets Mendoza scream away without pitting.

Anyone else notice this?

I just ran if for the first time, and while you're much faster than I am, I did notice that one car didn't pit. What car are you using? I don't have a lot of options at this point since I've spent so much money on my Ferrari collection, but I ran my Audi R8 LMS Evo and finished 4th w/RH and fuel on 4. Needed to pit twice. Mediums seem to wear out too fast even for five laps.

Just doing my grind in GT3 cars on hard difficulty on Sardegna with lap times of 1:36's and running the whole 15 laps in under 26 mins yet I see some cars that are not even pitting near the end of the race.

If you get past Portilla in the Viper at approximately lap 8, who's usually the fastest front runner, the game just cheese's the hell out of it to add some extra difficulty and lets Mendoza scream away without pitting.

Anyone else notice this?
What i am noticing is AI cars not pitting and running out of fuel,happened 3 times in the last 7-10 days, Hizal,Gallo and Mcquen(corvette)last night. Two should of pitted after lap 6 and one ran out on lap 10.
Then they do the rest of race at 78kph,causing other cars to bunch up behind them for brief periods,makes for an interesting final few laps(normal difficulty).

I just ran if for the first time, and while you're much faster than I am, I did notice that one car didn't pit. What car are you using? I don't have a lot of options at this point since I've spent so much money on my Ferrari collection, but I ran my Audi R8 LMS Evo and finished 4th w/RH and fuel on 4. Needed to pit twice. Mediums seem to wear out too fast even for five laps.
I've been grinding Sardegna with the Lamborghini Huracan.

I gave Praiano's tune a go found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-23#post-13660798

I had to tweak the LSD on his tune however because the car understeers way too much so my LSD settings are as follows -

Inital torque - 18
Acceleration sensitivity - 30
Braking sensitivity - 20

The R8 LMS Evo isn’t too great in my opinion. Seems to always kick its back end out when you’re trying to get the power down out of a corner.

My go-to car for a long time for Sardegna was the GT500 Honda NSX (group 2), detuned. Makes light work of most races to be honest.

If you’re looking to invest in something for Sardegna I really recommend it 😊

Anyone else notice this?
He always pits at least twice.

What i am noticing is AI cars not pitting and running out of fuel,happened 3 times in the last 7-10 days, Hizal,Gallo and Mcquen(corvette)last night. Two should of pitted after lap 6 and one ran out on lap 10.
Then they do the rest of race at 78kph,causing other cars to bunch up behind them for brief periods,makes for an interesting final few laps(normal difficulty).
I witnessed all those sorts of things a couple of patches ago but on Sardegna, the bunching up seems to be fixed.

AI don't play by the same rules and physics that you do. Tyre wear and fuel wear are also different, as Is tyre grip.
Yeah, basically that!

His hard tyres may last the race with 2 pits but theres no way he's running fuel map 6 at the end of the race.

Last edited:
The R8 LMS Evo isn’t too great in my opinion. Seems to always kick its back end out when you’re trying to get the power down out of a corner.

My go-to car for a long time for Sardegna was the GT500 Honda NSX (group 2), detuned. Makes light work of most races to be honest.

If you’re looking to invest in something for Sardegna I really recommend it 😊
Just bought the Honda but will have to wait until tomorrow to give it a drive.

Last edited:
So I got the Honda GT500, slapped on a Praiano tune, and won the Sardegna 15 lap/800 by 15 sec. RH/Fuel at 4; pitted after lap 9. Plus it was fairly easy to stay clean and get my bonus. Thanks for the tip, TFSI

So I got the Honda GT500, slapped on a Praiano tune, and won the Sardegna 15 lap/800 by 15 sec. RH/Fuel at 4; pitted after lap 9. Plus it was fairly easy to stay clean and get my bonus. Thanks for the tip, TFSI
The only way to lose the CRB is by getting a penalty for passing under a yellow flag. You can hit everything and still get the CRB.

And everyone is okay with this?
I dont know how to frame it, the statement
AI don't play by the same rules and physics that you do. Tyre wear and fuel wear are also different, as Is tyre grip.
doesnt really stay true but relies on the AI cars being just different and driven differently.
Take any Gr.3 race and see the AI cars will have about the same tyrewear and fuel consumpition of a player that runs similar laptimes and total times.
This is a driver induced difference.

Back