Whats with all the graffiti at the Nurburgring?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by GavBlade, Jan 17, 2011.

1. GavBlade

GavBlade

I've often wondered, why is there graffiti all over the track at the Nurburgring? (Yes I know its there in real life aswell)

Is there any reason for it being there? Is there a story behind it all?

serwiki likes this.
  2. Dessy182

Dessy182

People like to leave their mark on the most famous track in the world. If I got the chance I would anyway.

3. nioxic

nioxic

I have no idea. But i asume some of it is from races (fans cheering for their favorite racer)

and i also think some of it is pure memorial for people who crashed there.

I've never read any of it so i don't know what it says etc. :)

4. AApex86

AApex86

My question is, how does it get there? Do they close off the track so people can write stuff on it? Is there a special day when people are allowed on? How does it all work?!?! :p

JockeP22 likes this.
  5. GavBlade

GavBlade

Exactly what I was thinking. If people just take it upon themselves to spray something on the track then how do they get chance to do it with so many cars constantly going round?

6. Moglet

Moglet Premium

It's not always open to cars for driving round. You can easily access it when it's closed, especially at night. In fact, someone on this very site visited and took a picture of them sat on one corner in a deckchair :lol:

7. ChieftainRoss

ChieftainRoss

I believe I have noticed warnings for blind corners and such on GT4 but that was a while ago don't quote me on that lol. I certainly used some of the marking as braking parts and such anyway.

8. dennisp83

dennisp83

It get's there mostly on 24 hrs events. While people are all around the track to camp and make big fires and eat lots of bratwurst and drink even more of fine german beer, they are able to get on the track at sometimes.
    Most visitors go and visit the Nordschleife a few days before the actual race event to setup. So at night it should be easy to jump over the fence and do a little picasso.

JockeP22 likes this.
  9. Moglet

Moglet Premium

10. slowman

slowman

The graffiti is sort of a tradition. As has been mentioned, often it is a way to support a favorite racing team/manufacturer. Other times it is a memorial for folks who have died.

The Nurburgring proper isn't so much a race track as it is a public road with a toll and no speed limit.

I would imagine the graffiti is put there by folks who just hop the fence and start spraying.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  11. dennisp83

dennisp83

I can't even imagine what it's like for a driver to tear your LMP car around those fast corners >> in the rain << with all that chalk and paint all over the track... I would **** my pants.

12. AApex86

AApex86

13. MADTJ

MADTJ

this also... also people who died there

http://www.sportscomet.com/General-Auto-Racing/1015.htm

Also it say that this track is not racing only, it's public road, just like Le mans track.

14. GavBlade

GavBlade

15. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666

There is some that is so rude, that in GT5 it was removed.

I want to go to the Nurburgring, I have too as a petrolhead.

16. sporkafife

sporkafife

As you go into the Karussel, there is an arrow pointing up to the level, tarmac portion of the road saying "Fur Weicheier". Meaning "For Wimps" XD

Check it out:

[​IMG]

JockeP22 likes this.
  17. celticfc

celticfc

It was me, but I thought it would have rubbed off by now, didn't expect it to show up on GT5.

18. JimjReilly

JimjReilly

The graffiti at the ring is a tradition to leave your mark at the track.

Oh and everyone remembers this official ferrari press pic right :p

[​IMG]