Whats with all the graffiti at the Nurburgring?

• Thread starter GavBlade
  • 17 comments
WhiteHawk1889
I've often wondered, why is there graffiti all over the track at the Nurburgring? (Yes I know its there in real life aswell)

Is there any reason for it being there? Is there a story behind it all?

People like to leave their mark on the most famous track in the world. If I got the chance I would anyway.

I have no idea. But i asume some of it is from races (fans cheering for their favorite racer)

and i also think some of it is pure memorial for people who crashed there.

I've never read any of it so i don't know what it says etc. :)

My question is, how does it get there? Do they close off the track so people can write stuff on it? Is there a special day when people are allowed on? How does it all work?!?! :P

My question is, how does it get there? Do they close off the track so people can write stuff on it? Is there a special day when people are allowed on? How does it all work?!?! :P
Exactly what I was thinking. If people just take it upon themselves to spray something on the track then how do they get chance to do it with so many cars constantly going round?

It's not always open to cars for driving round. You can easily access it when it's closed, especially at night. In fact, someone on this very site visited and took a picture of them sat on one corner in a deckchair :lol:

I believe I have noticed warnings for blind corners and such on GT4 but that was a while ago don't quote me on that lol. I certainly used some of the marking as braking parts and such anyway.

It get's there mostly on 24 hrs events. While people are all around the track to camp and make big fires and eat lots of bratwurst and drink even more of fine german beer, they are able to get on the track at sometimes.
Most visitors go and visit the Nordschleife a few days before the actual race event to setup. So at night it should be easy to jump over the fence and do a little picasso.

Here's how our member VEXD got on, you can see from this thread how easy it is to access (IMAGE HEAVY!) :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106477&highlight=nurburgring

Lying on the Karussel:
DSC00001.jpg
:lol:

The graffiti is sort of a tradition. As has been mentioned, often it is a way to support a favorite racing team/manufacturer. Other times it is a memorial for folks who have died.

The Nurburgring proper isn't so much a race track as it is a public road with a toll and no speed limit.

I would imagine the graffiti is put there by folks who just hop the fence and start spraying.

Last edited:
I can't even imagine what it's like for a driver to tear your LMP car around those fast corners >> in the rain << with all that chalk and paint all over the track... I would **** my pants.

As you go into the Karussel, there is an arrow pointing up to the level, tarmac portion of the road saying "Fur Weicheier". Meaning "For Wimps" XD

Check it out:

The graffiti at the ring is a tradition to leave your mark at the track.

Oh and everyone remembers this official ferrari press pic right :P

ferrari_599xx_nurburgring_images_main.jpg

Back