What's with the hate on g27s

• Thread starter Tovey13
  • 100 comments
Dude if your looking for somewhere with wheel users to drift on weekdays THRASHBOX has a drift room open usually everyday of the week that your welcome to come along to 👍
Oh and we all have g27s :)

Been in a few games with you guys... Your an alright bunch of lads. 👍

Alright today's my day I'm going to learn every nook every cranny of this g27 and get back up to standards so I get my tandems back on with high psi wish me luck thanks for all the help guys

Alright today's my day I'm going to learn every nook every cranny of this g27 and get back up to standards so I get my tandems back on with high psi wish me luck thanks for all the help guys

Good luck! 👍

Im certainly happy with my G27 which i picked up from the recent ebay sales.
I have alot to learn and im going to steer clear of the online rooms till i get a little control

Add me up as a friend Tovey and ill come join you

Im only 3 days in too

OK8
I don't get people who take drifting with a ds3 even seriously. When have you seen real cars drift around corners with their front wheels twitching all over the place, when drifting is really about balance and being smooth. Also what sort of satisfaction can you get when all youre doing is flicking your left thumb left or right depending on which way the corner goes.

It's ds3 drifting which deserves the hate.

I gotta totally disagree with you. Why is there need for any hate at all? I'm a ds3 user, and still in the learning stages of drifting. I've got mad respect for anyone who drifts, at any skill level, on a wheel. I messed around with one at a friends house once, and really had my eyes opened as to how difficult it is.

But that doesn't mean I don't get tons of enjoyment out of drifting with my ds3. Even though I've played GT since the original, I never got into it enough to want to buy a wheel. But drifting in GT5 has really started to make me want one. But if I get one, I don't think I'm going to hate people who use the ds3. I think both the wheel and ds3 have their rightful place.

And @ what Gunz said...yes, I'm mad I don't have a g27 yet :(

They are just jealous because they aren't good enough to even try using a wheel.......

on top of that DFGT users seem to be disliked because g25 and g27 users say "its to cheap"... of course thats only the jerks that arent on GTP but they still are jerks... :crazy:

but GTP people seem you have a lot of problems..

hate against AWD/4WD drifting
hate against none CH drifting
hate against MR drifting
hate against speed drifting instead of angle
hate against aggressive driving
hate against contact/ramming <<< I agree with this one
hate against new players<<< only the people who arent GTP seem to have that problem.......

hate against.......... i could keep going but you get the point..
just keep drifting find lounges like mine that accept you to learn, join a team and have someone teach you. just get through the hate and prove your better ^_^ :sly:

hate against MR drifting
hate against new players<<< only the people who arent GTP seem to have that problem.......

just keep drifting find lounges like mine that accept you to learn, join a team and have someone teach you. just get through the hate and prove your better ^_^ :sly:

That's quite a statement you make, especially to such a large community.

We honestly don't "hate" against anything, well at least I don't. I do AWD "drifting" myself sometimes and I find it fun. I prefer CM tyres to CH, but I use CH for competitions and that is the main reason people use them, because it's practice for comps or they are using lower powered cars, which is understandable.

I'm a very aggressive driver, and a lot of people will confirm that, hahaha... it's actually what a lot of us strive for. Especially in comps when you want to put on a show.

Contact can be a PITA, but sometimes it can't be helped, and we know that.

We welcome new players with open arms, but when they can't do such a basic thing like use a search bar to find what they're looking for, or even google, that's what gets us irked. Just use common sense and we wouldn't be grumpy really.

Tovey13

Mad session today bro sorry I had to leave my net is playing up but keep up the practice the way your going
Your going to have drifting down in no time 👍
hope to drift with again you soon 👍

Hell yeah man great sesh you have got the g27 down so smooth lol thanks man hopefully I improve more as quick as I have been and be able 2 drift beside ya haha cya next time m8

Im a G27 user now for half a year.. and I can say for sure G27 drifters have to be more respected instead of DS3, even with worse drifts..

anyways I think it was just bad luck. Anyone with wheels in my lobby are very welcome! And DS3 drivers as long as they drift or race clean!

They are just jealous because they aren't good enough to even try using a wheel.......

on top of that DFGT users seem to be disliked because g25 and g27 users say "its to cheap"... of course thats only the jerks that arent on GTP but they still are jerks... :crazy:

hate against MR drifting

It's not the new users we hate,
It's the people who just sign up and make a useless thread saying ''yo gimme ur setup plz i'm to lazy to make on myself''

hate against MR drifting

I think everybody agrees with that. And with the drivetrain hate for both AWD and MR, some people drift with RR drivetrains. I agree with the AWD drifting because it gives you a huge advantage against rear-wheel drive cars in both speed and angle, but this doesn't mean that people can't drift AWD cars for fun now and then.

BkS
That's quite a statement you make, especially to such a large community.

We honestly don't "hate" against anything, well at least I don't. I do AWD "drifting" myself sometimes and I find it fun. I prefer CM tyres to CH, but I use CH for competitions and that is the main reason people use them, because it's practice for comps or they are using lower powered cars, which is understandable.

I'm a very aggressive driver, and a lot of people will confirm that, hahaha... it's actually what a lot of us strive for. Especially in comps when you want to put on a show.

Contact can be a PITA, but sometimes it can't be helped, and we know that.

We welcome new players with open arms, but when they can't do such a basic thing like use a search bar to find what they're looking for, or even google, that's what gets us irked. Just use common sense and we wouldn't be grumpy really.

your right in some ways but fact is if i even enter any GTP drift lounge regardless of if it's a comp or not i get called noob for using different tires... :/

But anyways my opinion is that one reason the people of GTP say that comfort hard is better is because they never put in the practice to try sports. they just throw them on and say "see it sucks because i can't do it"

I can get massive angle and speed in my RX-7 using racing hards and it only has 300 HP, the reason i think people on GTP say CH is better is because thye believe that they won't put the practice in to actually be good on any other tires... :/ :crazy:

so like i said i think that the drifters of GTP are biased to a level that should not be tolerated. :indiff: thats why i am disliked.

I suck at drifting with my G27. For me its x100 times harder than a DS3.

Moving up from a DS3 straight up to a G27 is a huge step and of course you will need some time to adjust. You have to be smoother with your steering, acceleration and braking inputs to be able to drift with a wheel.

Moving up from a DS3 straight up to a G27 is a huge step and of course you will need some time to adjust. You have to be smoother with your steering, acceleration and braking inputs to be able to drift with a wheel.

I agree. DS3 users usually shift the steering side to side to make good drifts, when using a wheel you have to get the perfect line power/angle combination or you crash.

I agree. DS3 users usually shift the steering side to side to make good drifts, when using a wheel you have to get the perfect line power/angle combination or you crash.

Plus you have a clutch to worry about too. Although the clutch isn't a problem for clutchless wheel users like me.

...my opinion is that one reason the people of GTP say that comfort hard is better is because they never put in the practice to try sports. they just throw them on and say "see it sucks because i can't do it"

It's not that we can't do it, it's because sports-tyres in this game are equivalent to semi-slicks in real-life. Racing tires are the equivalent to slicks in real-life. In real-life drifting, the maximum restriction on tires is Street tires only, which is what comforts are. To break it down a little more easily:

Comfort Hards = Part worn tires.
Comfort Medium = Cheap all-round tires
Comfort Soft = Pro-spec drifting tires.

I can get massive angle and speed in my RX-7 using racing hards and it only has 300 HP, the reason i think people on GTP say CH is better is because thye believe that they won't put the practice in to actually be good on any other tires...

I'd love to see a video of that, honestly I would.

so like i said i think that the drifters of GTP are biased to a level that should not be tolerated. :indiff: thats why i am disliked.

I don't dislike you, your just stating your opinion and I respect that. Each to their own. We all have our own preferences, and I've come to enjoy drifting on Mediums. The rest of the team I'm in likes mediums as well, it's just our preference.

They're just jealous that they can't afford a G27 (or any wheel for that matter). ^__^

Anyone who encounters a G27 drifter should give them more respect because from my experience, drifting with a G27 is a lot harder than with a DS3. You can't go from lock to lock in half a second.

Bally, formula drift uses semi slicks, but the names are ****ed up in this game. Twinturboch tested the tires compared to his real life 550hp r32 drift car on semi slick tires, and said that comfort mediums were the closest by a distance, and that comfort hards are probably like economy tires.

I dont think i could use my ds3 again.. learning how to use a g27 or any wheel is like learning how to drive all over again.

Its crazy how real they are, perfect for a simulator game like gt5

Reading all this I realize how mistaken people are. They talk about how wheel user should get more respect, but at the end of the day, does using a wheel means that you're better than other people... Everyone should be respected equally because we are all the same, humans... humans doing something that we like and something that unites us as an online community. Using a wheel is just one way of doing it. Why make such a big discussion over a game....

@Darkrage1138 I would like to see a video of that 300HP, racing tires, "massive angle grabber" RX-7 drift car...

Reading all this I realize how mistaken people are. They talk about how wheel user should get more respect, but at the end of the day, does using a wheel means that you're better than other people... Everyone should be respected equally because we are all the same, humans... humans doing something that we like and something that unites us as an online community. Using a wheel is just one way of doing it. Why make such a big discussion over a game....

@Darkrage1138 I would like to see a video of that 300HP, racing tires, "massive angle grabber" RX-7 drift car...

well since i can't record it come to my next touge comp and you can record it for your self. :sly:

BkS
It's not that we can't do it, it's because sports-tyres in this game are equivalent to semi-slicks in real-life. Racing tires are the equivalent to slicks in real-life. In real-life drifting, the maximum restriction on tires is Street tires only, which is what comforts are. To break it down a little more easily:

Comfort Hards = Part worn tires.
Comfort Medium = Cheap all-round tires
Comfort Soft = Pro-spec drifting tires.

I'd love to see a video of that, honestly I would.

I don't dislike you, your just stating your opinion and I respect that. Each to their own. We all have our own preferences, and I've come to enjoy drifting on Mediums. The rest of the team I'm in likes mediums as well, it's just our preference.

yes you i have no problem with but the people who say you can only get good angle on CH i don't like. I run racing hards and people seem to have a problem with that on every drift server, i'm a touge driver not D1GP..... :scared:

Ooops double post! sorry

Last edited:
Back