What's with the hate on g27s

• Thread starter Tovey13
  • 100 comments
I can definitely agree with that my racing has improved heaps and best part if you hit the strip and the car slides out your drift skills kick in and you can save the car and your place in the race handy :)

True that, but what's weird for me is that if I drift and then I race I pull slightly lower times because I'll hit the accelerator harder and create too much wheelspin :lol:

Yeah I had a few test laps before the race so I knew the limits and the points my only problem is starting the race for you can't get 2nd gear just frustrating neutral lol and it had a false start on so 3 pedals and two feet lol you can use the handbrake but then you have to double click it to deactivate before you can go very frustrating I use no aids so I get wheel spin off the line hints the missed gear its just so rrr wah lol

Tovey13
Yeah I had a few test laps before the race so I knew the limits and the points my only problem is starting the race for you can't get 2nd gear just frustrating neutral lol and it had a false start on so 3 pedals and two feet lol you can use the handbrake but then you have to double click it to deactivate before you can go very frustrating I use no aids so I get wheel spin off the line hints the missed gear its just so rrr wah lol

Lolwut? During race starts the clutch isn't registered unless you press it. Just put your feet on the brake and gass then use the clutch to start shifting. I've also never had to double click the ebrake to disengage it. Just let go of the button and the car goes. And for shifts you often miss, use the midde of your foot on the clutch instead of your toes. You basically kick the clutch in and it's much quicker/smoother.

Rrr okay see that would be me trying to drive it like a real car with the clutch hahaha my bad and if you are still and hold the handbrake it does like a lock of some sort I don't know could be from me using the paddles as handbrakes lol yeah I'll try your idea out its just 1st to 2nd that's stumping me

THRASHBOXhaze
Dude if your looking for somewhere with wheel users to drift on weekdays THRASHBOX has a drift room open usually everyday of the week that your welcome to come along to 👍
Oh and we all have g27s :)

The THRASHBOX Crew is awesome to hangout with and those guys got some major skills. :)

Rrr okay see that would be me trying to drive it like a real car with the clutch hahaha my bad and if you are still and hold the handbrake it does like a lock of some sort I don't know could be from me using the paddles as handbrakes lol yeah I'll try your idea out its just 1st to 2nd that's stumping me

The problem with GT5 is that it doesn't have a proper working clutch, you're better off using paddles or something.

Stavingo
The problem with GT5 is that it doesn't have a proper working clutch, you're better off using paddles or something.

That too. The common misshift on 1st to 2nd is because the game tries to simulate the gap in ratios or something of that sort and it fails terribly. I've never misshifted in a real car, yet I do it all the time in the game.

The 9hr enduro fixed my shifting problem hahaha and now when I'm drifting I have no problem up or down shifting while taking a corner with a big angle lol 1st and 2nd still whack but I just extended 1st gear and now it's not as bad

The 9hr enduro fixed my shifting problem hahaha and now when I'm drifting I have no problem up or down shifting while taking a corner with a big angle lol 1st and 2nd still whack but I just extended 1st gear and now it's not as bad

I have a DFGT but I have intentions of buying a G25 or G27. You saying I have to do the 9hr endurance race just to get used to the clutch? :odd:

EDIT: And that would just be adjusting for normal driving, not drifting.

No you don't have to do that lol it's just helped getting used to where exactly to shift quick with out getting neutral it's not to bad when it happens it's not a game breaker but it is a disadvantage against a ds3 user when drifting it happens more but I tend to drift like you would in real life not always 100% gas sliding everywhere just where it counts the most lol

Back