What's wrong with Cote D'Azur?

• Thread starter hugo24
  • 48 comments
Australia
TAS
HugoStu
Stu 7005
Why is this track so limited in GT5? It has 3 races in A-Spec all which are restricted, it's only featured once in seasonal events and that was a restricted Peugot 206 event. It didn't feature in the Ferrari seasonals which it was made for.

It such a great track, I want to run it with an Audi R8, or a Veyron, or a Ferrari 458 Italia or a Mercedes SLR, and earn credits.

What are your thoughts, do you like the track? Can you understand why PD never use it in Seasonals?

All I want is a European unrestricted Cote D'Azur race.

I love the track. Not sure why they didn't have it the FGT series or the X2010 challenge.

Why wasn't SSR7 in Like the Wind?
PD went a bit bonkers making GT5, and not in a good way.

Love the track also. Even if they had a race in practice mode against cars of similar pp level to give a challenge. Dint mind about the credits (although they wouldn't hurt). I wish there was a create a race option where you pick individual cars/ tyres/ driving ability for the ai drivers.

Its not featured enough no, but in my opinion its only in Formula 1 because its "The jewel in the crown". Its actually one of the worst races to watch because only one in a blue moon does anyone pass someone other than on the exit of the tunnel coming down to the Nouvelle Chicane. It is pretty tedious.

Inb4 OMG 1984 BEST RACE EVARRR

very challenging track technically and as mentioned its hard to overtake in close competition.
I would wish that there were more A-spec events on it too, but i understand that its a F1 Track.
Online its a track which you can only drive with good friends. The high chance of driving errors with the narrow walls really can set you up (imho).

I love watching the Monaco GP, there is no other track on the F1 calendar that shows the sheer speed and ability of an F1 car, long may it stay on the calendar.

Regarding GT5, I love the game but if they had given me a single day to sort out the various races and restrictions and tracks in A-Spec it would have been the best GT game by miles. Literally just a day!

Agreed, it's an awesome track.

Although it looks previous-gen in GT5 (especially the water around the harbour), not to mention that many of the characteristic bumps are missing :(

You obviously haven't done the FGT series or even looked in there as this circuit IS in the FGT series.

Facepalm.png

*I've only done it in B Spec and wasn't paying attention*

The biggest thing wrong with this track imo is that is has no bump map, the same as too many tracks in the GT series, it's dead flat. Monaco is a very bumpy track in real life & Sir Sterling Moss said in an interview once that that was it's main challenge. If PD wants to do away with some of the sterility in the GT series, then it needs to take a leaf out of iRacings book & make sure all tracks have accurate bump maps.

:grumpy:👎

PD just copypasted this track from GT4... Start a online lobby, choose Monaco as a track, then look at the water in the "intro" video.

5 Years development time and water which looks worse then far cry 1`s...

Oh and yes, it has no bumps too.

Nevertheless, I can understand the OP. PD just failed with a spec, almost no races at london, fuji, monaco or indi/daytona road course.

But 2 very long and boring enduros (one is MIATA only) at Tsukuba.

Does the AI still bump into each other just after the tunnel.

Playing B,spec and my bob used to crash there all the time.

Don't play it anymore.
Has this been addressed in a patch?

PD just copypasted this track from GT4... Start a online lobby, choose Monaco as a track, then look at the water in the "intro" video.

5 Years development time and water which looks worse then far cry 1`s...

Oh and yes, it has no bumps too.

Nevertheless, I can understand the OP. PD just failed with a spec, almost no races at london, fuji, monaco or indi/daytona road course.

But 2 very long and boring enduros (one is MIATA only) at Tsukuba.

Totally agree, Tsukuba is the most boriing, horrible circuit ever!

What's wrong with Cote D'Azur?
It is too wide to be anything like monaco for starters...

This and this.

It is the only inaccurate real-life track in the history of GT series - and it has been too wide since it's introduction in GT3 (both GT4, GT PSP and now GT5 uses the same 2011 wireframe model, only with high-res textures) - which is pretty much a blasphemy by any mean.

Totally agree, Tsukuba is the most boriing, horrible circuit ever!

You are probably not serious.

That, "What is wrong with..." can be said about many tracks and cars and just about everything in GT5. They didn't even include races for the Ferrari F1's.

You are probably not serious.

Tsukaba is just a glorified Go Kart track. As with any track you can have good races on it, but it doesn't really offer much 'excitement' itself. It's a good track for drifting though.

Tsukaba is just a glorified Go Kart track. As with any track you can have good races on it, but it doesn't really offer much 'excitement' itself. It's a good track for drifting though.

Agreed. I have no idea what's the hype all about Tsukuba. Yes, it has great flow, but after 5 laps, it's boring as hell.

The 80s and 90s Fuji and Suzuka are the best tracks there are in Japan.

If you get bored at Tsukuba, try using the infield chicane. The track is good for short sprints but I lose interest after about 10 laps.

Monaco does need a bump map, and some improvements to some of the rumble strips. It also needs proper penalties at the chicane to discourage cutting.

However, running the FGT at Monaco is one of the most intense events in the game. The A.I. is very quick exiting the turns and you really need to put pressure on them to get around. Once you are out in front, they will be on your butt waiting for your next mistake. Here's a video of me. I managed to slingshot past the pileup in the first turn and got lucky catching the leader. If he gets too far ahead, it will take several clean laps to catch him. I just wish the race was a little shorter.

If you get bored at Tsukuba, try using the infield chicane. The track is good for short sprints but I lose interest after about 10 laps.

Monaco does need a bump map, and some improvements to some of the rumble strips. It also needs proper penalties at the chicane to discourage cutting.

However, running the FGT at Monaco is one of the most intense events in the game. The A.I. is very quick exiting the turns and you really need to put pressure on them to get around. Once you are out in front, they will be on your butt waiting for your next mistake. Here's a video of me. I managed to slingshot past the pileup in the first turn and got lucky catching the leader. If he gets too far ahead, it will take several clean laps to catch him. I just wish the race was a little shorter.

The best race in all of A-Spec right there ;) I kinda like it as 20 laps though, makes for challenges like keeping focus. I bought a wheel recently and spent alot of time practicing trying to get rid of aids on that race. Still love it! 👍👍

The track is a little different from it's real-life counterpart. There are some walls where there shouldn't be, and a couple sections (especially the swimming pool area) are too wide.

I literally have been putting off the FGT forever...I tried it once (granted with no tune) months ago and gave up out of frustration...almost putting my DS3 through the television as well. However for some reason tonight I felt compelled to try it again and it's thrilling. That Monaco race was probably the most intense I've had, and the one that requires the most concentration (X2010 aside). Somehow I ended up winning with a 9 second lead over the A.I. which I thought was surprising. Just finished the Nurburgring race though with a 40 second lead though (A.I. kept crashing after the sharp chicane at the end). Either way, I hated Monaco once but now I love it and wish PD would be a little more creative in offering us new stuff that incorporated it.

Back