What's wrong with Forza Hub?

I launch the application and all I see is the app icon accompanied by the spinning "loading" wheel and below that it says "Presenting Forza Motorsport 6..."

That's it.. left it for 10 mins and nothing happens.

* I'm connected to Live
* My internet is running fine
* I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app
* I've restarted my system AND shutdown, disconnect from mains and power up console
* I've cleared Alternate MAC Address and restarted
* All other apps and Live functions are working fine

Is the app just down? What gives??:grumpy:

Xbox Live in the UK has been having limited social and core features this afternoon. My 360 was taking minutes to sign in and wouldn't load a game that eventually needed an update once Live was running again.

Maybe Forza Hub was one of the social features.

Live everywhere appears to be having issues. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?xr=shellnav

If you are EVER having an issue, always check that link first. If anything is red, even if it is not the system or game you are on, it means it will effect you. Especially if it says in red "Social and gaming limited".

If you are on the X1 you can even go to your X1 dashboard, settings, go to the network and it will tell you if live is having issues.

Untitled.png

Or you can go straight to your network settings on your Xbox and it will let you know what's going on with what services, although with out much of a description.

I did all those status check ups. Everything was SOLID. *Undercover Brother style*

Every single app was working fine... downloads and streaming was fine but Forza Hub.. #$@%!!&

Will give it a go later today and report back.

@VXR

Thanks for the link. Forza Hub ain't even on the X1 apps list...!

Or you can go straight to your network settings on your Xbox and it will let you know what's going on with what services, although with out much of a description.
EXACTLY what I said directly above your post. You are out of it lately. :lol:

Speedster, man, you seem like the unluckiest fella on this forum. The amount of problems threads you've made is remarkable.

Not sure if you're still have a problem, but I tried out my Forza Hub last night and it loaded up fine. Do you have a slow internet connection? What it's doing is loading the launch trailer which is 2 minutes long, and seems to be HD. Maybe that is what's causing it to linger on the screen?

Yeah, I got a 4MB broadband connection.

@ImaRobot is the 2-min launch trailer in YouTube format? Cos' "The Toob" doesn't run properly in my region. And as I said, left it loading for 15 mins. Nothing. However, even if it is a YouTube issue, the app should at least prompt a message right? It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. :mad:

I can just redeem rewards through the official forum, so no biggie (thanks largely to @CAMAROBOY69) :D

Guess I'll go ahead and uninstall Forza Hub.

Yeah, I got a 4MB broadband connection.

@ImaRobot is the 2-min launch trailer in YouTube format? Cos' "The Toob" doesn't run properly in my region. And as I said, left it loading for 15 mins. Nothing. However, even if it is a YouTube issue, the app should at least prompt a message right? It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. :mad:

I can just redeem rewards through the official forum, so no biggie (thanks largely to @CAMAROBOY69) :D

Guess I'll go ahead and uninstall Forza Hub.
4mb download? Than means only about 1mb upload. Ouch. Yup that is for sure 100% why you are having so many issues. Sorry to hear about that. 4mb down is miserable and just barely enough to get on xboxlive. My nephew lives way out in the country and barely has 5 mb download on a good day and its very rare he can even get into a party chat without issues. Is there any way you can upgrade? Most internet providers will usually double your speed for fairly cheap. If that option is available. Anything under 5mb download and you will be greatly restricted on the X1.

Also I am glad the forum hub works for you. I find the hub on the X1 a bit clunky. A lot more detailed information on the official site. ;)

Also I spent a couple hours yesterday buying cars in F5, FH2, and FH2 F&F along with unlocking roads and crashing through signs. Only a couple items updated. So it is on some sort delay for sure. Says "new rewards available in 7 days" so maybe it takes a week or month to fully update.

Last edited:
4mb download? Than means only about 1mb upload. Ouch. Yup that is for sure 100% why you are having so many issues. Sorry to hear about that. 4mb down is miserable and just barely enough to get on xboxlive. My nephew lives way out in the country and barely has 5 mb download on a good day and its very rare he can even get into a party chat without issues. Is there any way you can upgrade? Most internet providers will usually double your speed for fairly cheap. If that option is available. Anything under 5mb download and you will be greatly restricted on the X1.

Also I am glad the forum hub works for you. I find the hub on the X1 a bit clunky. A lot more detailed information on the official site. ;)

Also I spent a couple hours yesterday buying cars in F5, FH2, and FH2 F&F along with unlocking roads and crashing through signs. Only a couple items updated. So it is on some sort delay for sure.

Dude, it ain't my connection.. Forza Hub used to work perfectly fine before it asked for an updated. Ever since the "presenting FM6" thing at the bottom, it's stopped working.

To date, I have experienced zero issues in MP, Xbox live, streaming, chatting, downloads, anything of that sort. 4 MB for me is quite enough. I don't even do MP all that much.

I do remember getting the "weak network connection" message in FH2 and FM5 on occassions, but that's it. I see other MP cars doing wierd stuff, but I'm told that's due to lag on their part.

I guess if the rewards system stays on the forzamotorsport.net site, then I'll go ahead and remove F.Hub from my console. It's just sitting there uselessly anyway.

Not related: what's drivatar sync in FM5? Mine's at 32%. What does that mean? Do I need to stay connected while playing in order for this number to go up? What happens at 100%?

Dude, it ain't my connection.. Forza Hub used to work perfectly fine before it asked for an updated. Ever since the "presenting FM6" thing at the bottom, it's stopped working.

To date, I have experienced zero issues in MP, Xbox live, streaming, chatting, downloads, anything of that sort. 4 MB for me is quite enough. I don't even do MP all that much.

I do remember getting the "weak network connection" message in FH2 and FM5 on occassions, but that's it. I see other MP cars doing wierd stuff, but I'm told that's due to lag on their part.
My reply about the connection was not meant to be offensive or to start an argument. I was try to help you understand the base of your issues. You say you have had "Zero issues" but you have MANY replies and several threads about all the problems you are having with your X1. More problems than anyone on this entire site. I don't have time to link to all your replies. Despite what you think, your connection is a huge part of the problems you are having. 4mb down is very low. Again, I was only trying to help. I even added a suggestion for you in that same reply.

My reply about the connection was not meant to be offensive or to start an argument. I was try to help you understand the base of your issues. You say you have had "Zero issues" but you have MANY replies and several threads about all the problems you are having with your X1. More problems than anyone on this entire site. I don't have time to link to all your replies. Despite what you think, your connection is a huge part of the problems you are having. 4mb down is very low. Again, I was only trying to help. I even added a suggestion for you in that same reply.

I believe you may not have read my previous reply through and through and perhaps, it may have gotten misinterpreted down the line.

I have had zero issues with my X1, but I most certainly have had tonnes of questions about this and that. If you'd like to treat them as "issues", so be it.

As always, appreciate the help you extended. :cool:

Guys, please lend me a helping hand here... the new free car pack for Horizon 2 is out and my stupid %#$@ Forza Hub isn't working;

I just see the wheel spinning telling me the app's loading... "Presenting Forza 6.."

All I see is that stupid screen. Why the *** won't it load?

No, there's no problem with games/apps/the console or Xbox Live.

Guys, please lend me a helping hand here... the new free car pack for Horizon 2 is out and my stupid %#$@ Forza Hub isn't working;

I just see the wheel spinning telling me the app's loading... "Presenting Forza 6.."

All I see is that stupid screen. Why the *** won't it load?

No, there's no problem with games/apps/the console or Xbox Live.

At this stage I would recommend going back to the dashboard, quitting the app then reloading Forza Hub. If problems persist then reinstall the app.

At this stage I would recommend going back to the dashboard, quitting the app then reloading Forza Hub. If problems persist then reinstall the app.

Buddy, I would not be posting here if I hadn't already done that.

Appreciate the input, but that doesn't help!

Buddy, I would not be posting here if I hadn't already done that.

Appreciate the input, but that doesn't help!

My bad, I didn't see that you already did multiple restarts :embarrassed:

Unfortunately I cannot suggest another quick fix, especially as your issue has been happening for a long time now. If you want the free car pack, try going to Xbox Store directly. ;)

I bet if you look in the store its under FH2 as well. The hub just directs you to it, going to the store directly might avoid the issues with the hub.

Also are you wireless or have a cable hooked for internet? I plugged in with a cable and my issues with the hub freeze haven't gotten better

He's right though; the only way to get the pack for free is through the Hub.

@Speedster911 - I assume the Hub is trying to load the FM6 trailer. If you've tried completely removing the app from your One and reinstalling and it's still hanging, try loading it up and pressing any sort of button combination to see if you can skip the video. I remember having a small problem with it the day they added it to the Hub, and that seems to have worked for me.

I bet if you look in the store its under FH2 as well. The hub just directs you to it, going to the store directly might avoid the issues with the hub.

Also are you wireless or have a cable hooked for internet? I plugged in with a cable and my issues with the hub freeze haven't gotten better

He's right though; the only way to get the pack for free is through the Hub.

@Speedster911 - I assume the Hub is trying to load the FM6 trailer. If you've tried completely removing the app from your One and reinstalling and it's still hanging, try loading it up and pressing any sort of button combination to see if you can skip the video. I remember having a small problem with it the day they added it to the Hub, and that seems to have worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys 👍👍

This is not a network connection/Xlive issue at all. Since YT is banned in my region, there's absolutely no way to go past the loading screen, cos' it HAS to go through that loop before fully launching and connecting the app. I hope MS is aware and fixes it.. but what good will it do? By the time they come up with a fix, the pack would be paid DLC. :banghead:

Unfortunately, it's a YouTube issue... it tries to redirect to "The Toob", which isn't accessible in my region. So I'm afraid I'm stuck with this until the "Presenting FM6.." message disappears. Funny though, I get no option to skip it... part of the problem probably lies with the fact that it has no success connecting to YouTube.

No button combination works; I just do not understand why there's no option to skip the video. Did they not consider countries/regions where YouTube access isn't available? Sheesh *facepalm*. I press the start button and I hear that beeping sound as if a menu is popping up somewhere... but after making multiple selections.. nothing. The B button sometimes brings me back to the dash, so does the guide button, but that's it.

This explains so much...got help through a local gamers' forum.

Last edited:
I live in China, my Hub before could still load even if the youtube video was blocked. I could get my rewards are dlc cars. But now it's over 2 weeks and the HUB doesn't work at all! It says Forza Hub is UNAVAILABLE. There's also a thread about this in the official forza horizon 2 forum (I don't know if I can paste the link here, just go check it). I followed all the instructions to try to solve the problem: hard shut down, uninstall and re-install, change dns etc... Nothing.

They told me I could still get the rewards from the website https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US but now here I see that to get some cars you needed the application. I fear for some new FH2 and FM6 content if they don't fix this.

Back