What's wrong with me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LightningLord
  • 7 comments
  • 690 views
Messages
319
United States
Colorado
Hello everyone!

So recently I started to do some laps around the Matterhorn Rotenboden track and I can only do a lap time of about 2:06:00 (2 minutes and 6 seconds)

So is there something I'm doing wrong?
 
Just to help tuners.
Car?
HP?
PP?
Tires?
Settings(adjustments.)?
Aids(driving aids)?
 
Just to help tuners.
Car?
HP?
PP?
Tires?
Settings(adjustments.)?
Aids(driving aids)?

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95

HP: 375

PP: 483

Tires: Sports Hard

Settings:

- Suspension:

Ride height = 125 both.

Spring rate: 12.83 Front and 11.46 Rear.

Dampers (Compression and Extension): 3.

Anti-Roll bars: 3 on both.

Camber angle: 0.0 both.

Toe Angle: 0.00 both.

Brake balance: 10 on both.


- Transmission:

Stock transmission.

1: 2.750

2: 1.684

3: 1.160

4: 1.617

5: 1.617

Final Gear: 5.358

- Drivetrain:

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial Torque: 5 both.

Acceleration sensitivity: 5 both.

Braking sensitivity: 5 both.

Clutch and Flywheel: stock.

Drive Shaft: Carbon Drive Shaft

Torque distributing center differential: 10 front and 90 rear.

- Power:

Power limiter: 100.0%

Engine Tuning: Stage 1.

Computer: Sports computer.

Exhaust: Sports exhaust.

Exhaust manifold: Isometric Exhaust Manifold.

Catalytic Converter: Catalytic Conveter: Sports

Intake: Intake tuning.

Turbo kit: normal/none.

Nitrous Oxide: None.


- Body:

Downforce: 0 both.

Ballast weight: 0.

Weight reduction: Standard/None.

Hood: Carbon Hood (Color)

Windows: Window weight reduction.

- Driving Assists:

ABS: 1. (Yes I know I'm a n00b or however you spell it)
 
Hello everyone!

So recently I started to do some laps around the Matterhorn Rotenboden track and I can only do a lap time of about 2:06:00 (2 minutes and 6 seconds)

So is there something I'm doing wrong?
This will be better if you place it here GT6 Tuning Forum because you may get more replies to help you.👍
 
I ran under the same settings and did a 1:52 after 3 laps. Now, by resetting the suspension, brake balance, LSD, and torque distribution to default I was 5 seconds quicker after another 3 laps.

I find that your LSD settings choke the Evo's power and reduce braking potential as well. Raise it up a bit but focus a little more to the rear. Your torque distribution also ruins the Evo's cornering abilities. Personally, on AWD and 4WD cars I never go past a 30:70 split.
 
Off the top of my head I'd say Camber and Toe all 0 and the brake balance of 10/10 need revisiting.

LSD all 5s is also a little... strange.

Edit:
Tree'd
 
Biggest issue may be the diffs and tq split. 5/5/5 will soak up the evo's agility, that combined with a 10/90 split is really awkward for that car.

I see it this way. Even if you want to run a 10/90 split (assuming you want to mimic an fr) you're technically still lugging around the weight of those parts (diffs/drive shafts) so you might as well use them. The car is nose heavy so you might as well get what you can out of it and give it more torque up front, 30/70 at least.

My evos handle best for me with the ayc off and my diffs set to 5/18/8 front, and 7/30/15 rear.

I run 0 aids and my brakes would be 8 up front and 7 for the rear.

I don't generally do this, but do a full weight reduction and add some weight back all the way to the rear. 55/45 balance will make a big difference.

Also, operator error. But that one is on you.
 
Back