What's your drift style like?

• Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 86 comments
United States
New York
XSVterror16
xsvterror16
I used to be very simple. Slow in, floor it, and just slide through. Now that I've gotten much better, I usually end up feigning extremely early and just hold the brakes once I'm at 90°ish and start to power out once I reach the corner and I find it extremey hard to tandem with anyone that way. I've never gone into a single drift lobby and seen somebody doing reverse entry stye drifts or even fast entries in general. So, what's you're style like and how well do you do with others in tandem?

I like getting angle, tons and tons of angle, now that I have my g27, I am always looking forwards to get my wheel to the point of lock, on entries, no matter where, I always try to get 90°plus angle and try to mantain it.:)

push the car to its limits is my style. If they cant keep up with me I'll just stay behind and further perfect the slower technique. I prefer to drift with the faster drifters and tandem with them at high speeds. when I first learnt to drift my eyes used to water due to me not blinking while in tandem. Has that happened to anyone else?

For me, it's all about line and how far I can get that rear bumper out without spinning 👍 .

Me I focus on getting close when tandem, but again thats what your supposed to do. When leading I dont throw it in there hard as possiable because it screws up the car chasing, but when Im drifting solo I go all out.

For me, it's all about line and how far I can get that rear bumper out without spinning 👍 .

👍 Same here.

Seems like a lot of people online are all about speed and not angle, which is a bit disappointing. I generally try to find others online to tandem with who have an average drift speed, hold smooth lines, and get massive angle. It's way more fun than dusting the chase car. :P

For me it really depends. I have been trying to perfect my tandem skills. But solo I prefer running the best possible line with the most angle with a sacrifice in speed. But in a comps I tend to set up my cars to maintain good angle, but carry speed better. Its easier to tandem a car with less speed changes than one that gets a lot of angle and slows down.

I'm all about pushing my car to higher speeds so i usually do a feint power over style drift... medium angle high speed while doing a power angle is more or less my style, Long story short i like speed. and i also never hit other cars but enjoy the line i take... i practice passing with my friend ^_^ its fun to pass at high speed well drifting

I'm slightly aggressive and sharp on wheel, pretty much traditional-style drifting with less emphasis on massive angles.

Slow, don´t caring about of anyone´s rush, extremely angled. Everyone loves to chase me.

I only decrease the angle and kick harder when im chasing, anyways i prefer to tandem people with my style instead those speed freaks that doesn´t respect courtesy launches and never look for behind for wait if necessary.

Last edited:
i like to push the car to its limits and i like to drift on the edge of the track with massive angle;)

My style is pretty much, foot to the floor, feint for a backward entry and then maintain the line and angle. I'm really not the fastest drifter. I'm still trying to tune my cars to get the little extra touch of speed so I can keep up with others since I'm only doing about 55 mph when I drift which is slower compared to those in competitions who average around 60. I feel my style has deteriorated in the last few months though, since I no longer have a make-shift e-brake and pressing 'O' on the steering wheel is kinda difficult whilst drifting XD

I myself think im a bit of this and that, im a handbrake starter thats just something i became more confortable with when i started learning. but i can can fient and power into corners. I can hold big angle and i can tandem at speed if i need to tho i prefer a more laid back approch. Line clips and being close are things i aim to do when tandeming with people. As long as i feel im not pressureing them and causing mistakes witch then cause them to spin out and kill the run.

I have noticed that a lot of people go for angle and thats kool but i like to go for precison. I love doing a corner perfectly bringing my rear bumper so far out that it actually glitches into the wall. Yes i have a picture where i actually go into the wall without touching it in the replay.But in comps. . . well thats differnant.

I have noticed that a lot of people go for angle and thats kool but i like to go for precison. I love doing a corner perfectly bringing my rear bumper so far out that it actually glitches into the wall. Yes i have a picture where i actually go into the wall without touching it in the replay.But in comps. . . well thats differnant.

Same here i like precision over angle.

I don´t see why is not possible to graple the apex by inches and abuse of angle, all at once.

My style is the flooring style and when im chasing im putting as much pressure i can on the leader so he dsnt forget that im on his door and cant do a mistake

I try and go for LOTS of angle and a appropriate amount of smoothness and speed. And when I say lots of angle, I mean LOTS :sly:.

If it's a big course with wide and long turns i like to go all out and gradually let off a bit before and try to stay in the middle of the turn as a i eventually glid wide. But, if it's a smaller course i like to try to perfect all my turns. When it comes to tandem, i love the adrenaline rush that it gives when someone is right behind you chasing. I usually do some practice runs to see how fast i can go into corners before doing so though as it gives the chaser some pressure to keep up :sly:

I'm personally trying something a bit different and it is that you do a full 360 before you go into the corner then rotate another 180 as you enter the corner so you have a reverse entry and then just control it through the corner... not the easiest thing I have done....

Back