What's your "Home Track"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT5 Level 41
  • 110 comments
  • 4,761 views
if it is in said game I will always choose laguna seca because its just outside where I was born in real life. my parents used to be able to hear the moto go races from our house. Too bad I don't remember when I was 6 months old haha. I will usually finish my tune here but I try and get a good base tune at Suzuka East might try one of the short Willow Springs tracks though.
 
Last edited:
Was the Ring in GT5 but I think has become the two Willow Springs tracks in this one. Streets is great and fun for anything like 400 HP maybe and under and Big Willow is anything above that.
 
Always Nordschleife, sure its rather time consuming but if you get consistent lap times you know you have a good setup. Though I´m also often switching to Ascari now.
 
The Australian paved heaven - Bathurst aka Mount Panorama. Amazing track!
 
Always Nordschleife, sure its rather time consuming but if you get consistent lap times you know you have a good setup. Though I´m also often switching to Ascari now.

100% agree!
 
In real life, Willow Springs, and I also use that for speedier cars. If I want to test for more technical stuff, Tsukuba or Deep Forest.
 
The Ring for cars under 600pp. La Sarthe for cars over.
 
For me it's either Nurburgring Nordschleife or the returning Apricot Hill. :)
 
Nurburgring 24h/Bathurst for me.
 
Tsukuba since GT4. And then Nurburgring.
 
Brands Hatch Indy. Paddock Hill Bend will always be divine.
 
Laguna Seca for me. A short track with a lot of different types of corners. I know it well and can get some consistent times there in relatively short order with most any car.

Using the south end of Cape Ring isn't bad either. I may try some Willow Springs at some point down the line.

I'm the same always used Laguna Seca, willow springs is looking very appealing though.
 
In GT5 in was Nurburgring GP/F. In GT6 so far it's a toss up between Ascari and Bathurst. Leaning towards Bathurst...
 
Suzuka GP Circuit

If you can get a car tuned to be quick around there it will be good at any circuit! 👍

It has a great mix of technical corners of varying speeds that really put a setup through its paces. Not to mention very limited runoff areas (unlike Silverstone GP which would be my second choice) so it requires consistency from the driver to be fast there and as such makes for a good practice venue to hone your skills.

On a personal note, I love Bathurst (being Australian :D) but it doesn't lend itself to being an ideal testing circuit.

Uhm.... by your sig you're not at all Australian! You're Tasmanian! ;)
 
i'm still awaiting the return of complex string. good thing i'm patient.

most often i'll use trial mountain because i'm super familiar with it. for slower cars i prefer autum ring mini.

but really... complex string is/was my absolute favorite track. i must have 10,000 laps there. i think i'd personally pay the dev time to have it back were i not poor...

why won't my droid allow me to capitolize or shift -question mark- i hate to have this looking like a child's writing...
 
Uhm.... by your sig you're not at all Australian! You're Tasmanian! ;)

LoL! Yep, second head surgically removed at birth and all... :cheers:

I will pay that one, don't get a lot of those jokes on international forums as most people don't get it. 👍


EDIT: May as well just be a New Zealander... :sly:
 
Last edited:
Grand Valley reverse was in GT5.
So far ... also for GT6.
 
Deep Forest for time trial testing new setup.

Suzuka for larger overall shakedown. Love 3-8 corners.
 
Not as much love for Brands Hatch as i would have expected. Shame. It is my (very) local track irl, spent most weekends of my childhood there as my dad was a marshall, but i genuinely DONT think that i am biased when i say its possibly the most fun track in the game.
 
In every GT game it's been Autumn Ring.

Fun to drive
Elevation changes
Short enough to be quickly time-able, but long enough to present a real picture of a car's performance
Looks good
Been in every GT but GT3 I think...
Good balance of corners

Use it all the time to hot lap against friends/family
 
I don't really have a shakedown circuit at all but I have loved my experience of Ascari so far. When I have completed the career mode as with GT4 and GT5 I will start to test stock cars. I pick 6 real life circuits to use as my tests and run them in the same order. The 'Ring has been the only constant in this so I would have to say that is my regular test track.
 
Currently Bathurst is my most used track, but it requires a pretty unique setup compared to most tracks so I will most likely go back to good old Tsukuba when it comes to testing cars
 
My most used track is The Green Hell, must've done thousands of laps on it since GT4 now...
But my home track is good old Silverstone, since it's only about 30 miles from where I am!
 
Since GT1 it's been Apricot Hill...so glad they've brought it back, and now with funky night time mode!
 
Nordschleife traditionally. But Brands Indy and the Little Willow Springs track are becoming favourites.
 
Back