What's your "Home Track"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT5 Level 41
  • 110 comments
  • 4,761 views
Brands Hatch Indy for me .
 
Cote d'Azur.
Love that track.

By the way, is Free Run from the garage menu the only way of practising? Isn't there a practise options somewhere else that stores your times like in GT5?
 
Willow Spings, is awesome, so too Ascari & Bathurst but it has to be Silverstone for me.
 
Cote d'Azur.
Love that track.

By the way, is Free Run from the garage menu the only way of practising? Isn't there a practise options somewhere else that stores your times like in GT5?

You can start a time trial in arcade mode that does just that :)

I like to use Trial Mountain and the 'Ring.
 
Cote d'Azur.
Love that track.

By the way, is Free Run from the garage menu the only way of practising? Isn't there a practise options somewhere else that stores your times like in GT5?


Single Player , Time Trial . stores times
 
For GT6 it's now, Silverstone GP, Bathurst and Nurburgring 24H
 
Tsukuba, Anything under a minute I deem to be a quick car, Also the tight hairpins show up any chassis/tuning weakness.
 
I've got three in GT6 - Circuit de la Sarthe '09 (no chicanes) for racecars, Willow Springs for high-end road cars, and High Speed Ring for tuning. I'll also use la Sarthe for tuning my racers, as the Mulsanne Straight and Porsche Curves are both great for fine tuning downforce settings.

And if I'm driving something that doesn't really qualify as a sports car, I'll put it through its paces at Tsukuba.
 
The Nordschleife. 'Nuf said.

Sadly, this Valhalla of motoring is on the brink of extinction. If you excuse me the political propaganda, you should look for a group in Facebook called "Save the Ring" where the locals discuss what menaces the almighty 'Ring and prepare demonstrations locally.
 
Monza. Long straights, chicanes, fast corners, and changeable weather. It needs time change though.
 
I'm testing on the Autmn Ring since GT4
 
i do most of my testing on silverstone and spa
 
Nürburgring Nordschleife. I don't even need to drive a full lap to know is the tune good or not.
 
For me it's Tokyo R246, I can very quickly get up to speed on it and I've always found it fun to drive. Recently I've been having fun on Matterhorn Rotenboden so I've been thinking of using that more often but I still make quite a lot of mistakes there.
 
my current "home" test tracks: nordschleife, tokyo r246, tsukuba, and spa~(grand valley during my gt4 days, just to mention)

my real home should always be Laguna Seca ;)
 
Always be Special Stage Route tracks, they give out the tradition of GT and always will be appearing in GT(not counting GTPSP), but also I do drift testing using some race cars (Lexus ISF Racing Concept, GT LM Race Car, etc) in Tsukuba and for some car testing, always will be in Laguna Seca
 
Grand Valley Speedway, because according to GT3, it's a "high speed technical course". So, yeah.
 
Monza. Fast corners, slow corners and long straights. And, it's not huge like the Nordschleife.
 
Matterhorn short track. If I can get round it in less than 25 seconds then the car is good enough for me.👍

For speed I use Le Sarthe.
 
Nürburgring Nordschleife. I don't even need to drive a full lap to know is the tune good or not.

same, i do all my tuning on the ring. by the 2nd time split I know if i have a good tune or not.
 
La Sarthe 2013 at midnight. Followed closely by the 'Ring. Anything that's both technical and high speed follows those two.
 
Back when we were doing the COTW series in GT5 I had a set of tracks for testing, breaking the cars up into roughly 100pp groups and using different tracks for each group. Since that will start up again at the end of the month I will probably do the same for GT6. While I have not completely gotten a handle on some of the tracks that are new to me, some are a lot of fun so I am sure that group of tracks will change from those I used in GT5.
 
Nürburgring Nordschleife throws everything at a car.
 
Brands Hatch Indy when I want a quick tune run to compare times, Nürburgring Nordschleife when I want to chill and just drive all day :) I can't get enough of the track even after all of these years. Love it.
 
Spa all the way for me was the same in GT5 when it got released, was le mans before spa.

Seem to spend a lot of time in brands at minute tho love the back section of the GP track!! turning into my new "home track".
 
Back