Whats your opinion on recent gt5 seasonal events and recent etc..

  • Thread starter Thread starter locoman88
  • 32 comments
  • 3,812 views
Messages
4,247
United States
california
Messages
locoman88
Sorry if theres already a thread didnt see one like this so... I personally think they're running out of ideas for seasonal events and as far as performence difference bonus goes, i like the idea. It kinda makes sense to reward you with more money for racing at a lower level than everyone else (ai that is).and if you combine that with percentage reward u could get alot more money than you normally could.
 
The whole seasonal event race basically being a time trial with moving traffic isn't ideal. I feel that the whole chase the rabbit format with high speed differentials doesn't exactly encourage good racecraft, but then it can be argued that very few racing games actually do. In spite of all this, It's not difficult to find ways to have fun with it..I'll take what I can get

The a-spec seasonal races being fixed at 400/500/650 pp the last little while wasn't great also. The new format makes it so much easier to use a wide variety of cars. I hope they keep with it.
 
bgFish
The whole seasonal event race basically being a time trial with moving traffic isn't ideal. I feel that the whole chase the rabbit format with high speed differentials doesn't exactly encourage good racecraft, but then it can be argued that very few racing games actually do. In spite of all this, It's not difficult to find ways to have fun with it..I'll take what I can get

The a-spec seasonal races being fixed at 400/500/650 pp the last little while wasn't great also. The new format makes it so much easier to use a wide variety of cars. I hope they keep with it.

I agree completely
 
Sorry if theres already a thread didnt see one like this so... I personally think they're running out of ideas for seasonal events and as far as performence difference bonus goes, i like the idea. It kinda makes sense to reward you with more money for racing at a lower level than everyone else (ai that is).and if you combine that with percentage reward u could get alot more money than you normally could.

You know a while back I made a short lived thread series called the 'Lowest PP Challenge' in which, people would race in the A-Spec seasonals, to still win only, 100% of the money for first place, but try to do it with the lowest PP possible - and I think most of us quite enjoyed it.

When they did that horrible pattern (which I am so thankful that it appears to be over), of 3 A Spec, 2 TT 2 DT, 3 B Spec 2 TT 2 DT, rinse and repeat, I started a thread against it, then a formal petition - and within days of starting that petition - my petition was seemingly answered (accidentally or otherwise) through the latest A-Spec seasonals. Not only do we now get 10 a month instead of a mere 3, but this performance boost stuff is awesome.

I don't believe in God, but this is as close to a 'God Send' as I could possibly imagine from this game, the next best thing would be a create your own car add-on, then having all the cars that ever existed, ever, in the game to 100% accuracy, then free cars, I mean, its hard to think of something better than these seasonals (thats actually possible).

So yes, I love em, pity it doesn't let you use RS tyres and reward you for lowering the grip with SX/CX tyres instead, that'd be a new dimension, but otherwise I think its pretty brilliant (ok, the 2nd set didn't pay out as much as the 1st set, especially using a Prius G at Cape Ring, but that's just nit-picking, its the overall formula that counts).
 
if they could come up with a similar pp differential in the tt's, maybe a scond a lap difference for every 10pp you drop could be interesting, probably hard to setup?
might see a wider range of cars competing!
 
I'd accept being able to do the races over and over again and get the gold reward, that'd be nice (even if they lowered the reward to 500k for bronze+silver+gold instead of 1mil after 200% lb).
 
Cheers to the people who answered to my thread. I'm trying to get this thread so it could be
Popular like most other threads :cheers:
 
I wouldn't expect this thread to live long. This subject has been covered a few times in the past.

My two cents - chasing the rabbit is getting old, but Gran Turismo has always been this, way from the beginning. A-Spec races have always had one car jump out to a big lead. I would prefer it to be a little more real world. Watch most road races and you will see groups of cars through the field - three or four up front, etc. In the latest June FR seasonal I am seeing more cars in groups, but they never pass each other and there is still a jack rabbit or two.

I would rather have a race where the AI race each other, not just follow each other around. I would love it if there were three cars to battle with for the finish.
 
Well, one thing we have been doing on another thread (which you may have seen) is doing the aspec challenge #4 on 650pp Nurburgring. We tune our cars and see how fast a car can be pushed. I find it very entertaining and challenging to beat out a group of gt500 cars with a street car!!
 
Motor City Hami
My two cents - chasing the rabbit is getting old, but Gran Turismo has always been this, way from the beginning. A-Spec races have always had one car jump out to a big lead. I would prefer it to be a little more real world. Watch most road races and you will see groups of cars through the field - three or four up front, etc. In the latest June FR seasonal I am seeing more cars in groups, but they never pass each other and there is still a jack rabbit or two.

I would rather have a race where the AI race each other, not just follow each other around. I would love it if there were three cars to battle with for the finish.

I agree with the whole give first place a boost thing. It makes no sense. I guess they want it o be harder for us. But like u said, put groups of three that are tryin to pass eachother or have them block you etc. i hate how they put them far.
 
I find these seasonals more entertaining to compete in than the standard A-Spec career events as I find they give you more of a challenge.

One thing which I find annoying though is that I was doing the European Hatchbacks seasonal in my RKM Golf V which was 470pp and after doing about 3 races in that it went to 471pp so is there anyway to make it go back to 470pp without having to do any drastic changes to the performance?

I also like the fact that these seasonals give you level tickets if you gold all of the events which is pretty easy to do :)

However, I would prefer some more realistic car racing as I find that after ~2 laps in my golf I'm already in the lead and have a 10 second plus lead (this was the case on Fuji Speedway).
 
ReDxHorneT
I find these seasonals more entertaining to compete in than the standard A-Spec career events as I find they give you more of a challenge.

One thing which I find annoying though is that I was doing the European Hatchbacks seasonal in my RKM Golf V which was 470pp and after doing about 3 races in that it went to 471pp so is there anyway to make it go back to 470pp without having to do any drastic changes to the performance?

I also like the fact that these seasonals give you level tickets if you gold all of the events which is pretty easy to do :)

However, I would prefer some more realistic car racing as I find that after ~2 laps in my golf I'm already in the lead and have a 10 second plus lead (this was the case on Fuji Speedway).

Just tone down hp by .3 % usually it takes only one hp???
 
The money multiplier is a nice touch, but only really of use to new players - And then it will make you sting when you run the ASpec events.

As for rabbits, You can choose to ignore them, race for 3rd place and use a car with even lower specs. As corners tend to be th eplace the AI are weak I would suggest you drop down to comforts and run much lower pp, then you will have to work to get those passes, and they will feel much mroe satisfying than just blasting past. - And you can never have too many car horns.

I tend to limbo race - repeat the same grid of cars but lower the PP level of the car - oddly I've found it easier to race with much lower PP cars at the June Mt Aso FR challenge. Pleasingly difficult.

The open nature of PP and the grid means it is up to th eplayer to make his own race... if he wants ABS 10 and TCS10 with auto gears and a full 500pp car - he is free to, if a driver wants to run Comfort tyres and a 350pp car - he again can do that. And I am pretty sur emost drivers here fall somewhere between those extremes.

Rabbit grids - It is in effect a time trial, and the grid of AI cars just gives you a visual timer as you lap about, If you are careless or run very low PP (Or Tug boat grade tyres) then the Ai can trip you up if you run the wrong side of them at a corner.

It would be nice if they were a bit more bunched and squably.
 
Ryk
The money multiplier is a nice touch, but only really of use to new players - And then it will make you sting when you run the ASpec events.

As for rabbits, You can choose to ignore them, race for 3rd place and use a car with even lower specs. As corners tend to be th eplace the AI are weak I would suggest you drop down to comforts and run much lower pp, then you will have to work to get those passes, and they will feel much mroe satisfying than just blasting past. - And you can never have too many car horns.

I tend to limbo race - repeat the same grid of cars but lower the PP level of the car - oddly I've found it easier to race with much lower PP cars at the June Mt Aso FR challenge. Pleasingly difficult.

The open nature of PP and the grid means it is up to th eplayer to make his own race... if he wants ABS 10 and TCS10 with auto gears and a full 500pp car - he is free to, if a driver wants to run Comfort tyres and a 350pp car - he again can do that. And I am pretty sur emost drivers here fall somewhere between those extremes.

Rabbit grids - It is in effect a time trial, and the grid of AI cars just gives you a visual timer as you lap about, If you are careless or run very low PP (Or Tug boat grade tyres) then the Ai can trip you up if you run the wrong side of them at a corner.

It would be nice if they were a bit more bunched and squably.

Yup this
 
The concept of 400, 500 and 650pp ran its course and thank goodness they've changed to the new format with pp and drive train specified and the variable reward in inverrse proportion to your chosen pp.

That said the moving roadblocks are still there and the rabbit is still haring up the road at the front of the race. I'm pretty sure they could set all the AI players to go faster, and so risk making mistakes. The trouble is if they do and set them too fast for a large number of players to cope with there would be lots of complaints.

To try and even that situation up they could start the player in a randomised position on the grid, and I wish they would use grid starts. This would make it possible for a slower player to occasionally start in pole position and battle to keep field behind and the faster player to start last and try to catch the battling AIs.
 
This thread must live!!! :lol:
 
They need to do an MR one and make it say 600PP.

I miss that one they had awhile back too where it was limited at 550PP Classic Muscle Cars on the Daytona track. Used to take my '66 Shelby Cobra and lap people. That race gave you 1,000,000 credits per race for awhile too. Would like one of those again to make some easy credits.
 
hogger129
They need to do an MR one and make it say 600PP.

I miss that one they had awhile back too where it was limited at 550PP Muscle Cars on the Daytona track. Used to take my '66 Shelby Cobra and lap people. That race gave you 1,000,000 credits per race for awhile too. Would like one of those again to make some easy credits.

Yea I remember that one... Was my favorite
 
more challenging B-spec seasonal like the la sarthe 700p event
 
I love the more recent Challenges. FF FR and 4WD at different points were great fun then came...Ferraris. At 61 I would guess my reactions are plainly too slow to succeed, but after four tries, to get 10th was almost as good as winning. :banghead:

Update. After some tuning, mainly more downforce and less engine, to get to exactly 871pp...I've won the first two Ferrari races. Hooray!:bowdown:
 
Last edited:
Don't like the Rabbits and I will often be happy to race in the pack for 2nd after I get gold once.

New formats are a big improvement over tired 400/500/650. Can't wait for the RR one.

PD actually seems to be listening to us. (They must have someone snooping these forums.)
 
elric718
Don't like the Rabbits and I will often be happy to race in the pack for 2nd after I get gold once.

New formats are a big improvement over tired 400/500/650. Can't wait for the RR one.

PD actually seems to be listening to us. (They must have someone snooping these forums.)

Yes I hope they are
 
I would like to see PD put us into different scenarios in seasonals, for example you start 5 seconds ahead of the AI cars with destroyed tyres or in a car with much less PP, it would improve defensive driving skills.
 
Peasantslayer
I would like to see PD put us into different scenarios in seasonals, for example you start 5 seconds ahead of the AI cars with destroyed tyres or in a car with much less PP, it would improve defensive driving skills.

Very good idea. I will keep these in mind to put under voting
 
Personally I LOVE the new seasonal with the F1 Ferraris. Haven't tried the F10 yet, concentrating mostly on finding the bottom pp in the F2007 that I can win the 'Ring (745pp so far, but that was stressful trying to Vettel it - get a big enough lead by the main straight so the AI can't catch up before the end). I was really bummed when they took away so many good Seasonals with actual Race Cars so it was nice they put one back... and besides the 'Ring I also find Eifel very addictive.

One thing though, the AI still does that infuriating thing with slowing way down in the wrong place while often blocking the middle of the track as well (e.g. corner exits, OMG way to go), even with a huge performance difference. The one thing they don't do is back off when you are legitimately next to them, instead they back off when you are several car lengths behind. So to some degree you're always back to memorizing patterns, but occasionally that coincides with sorta correct racecraft in one or two good passing points.

Now that we have the performance difference adjustment, I would love to see a good Seasonal for DTM cars, Group C / LMP cars, and of course bring back the Formula Gran Turismo Seasonal!
 
So to some degree you're always back to memorizing patterns, but occasionally that coincides with sorta correct racecraft in one or two good passing points.

I've been having fun with these events too but that part is starting to bug me as well. So easy to spook the AI from behind-I find myself yelling "Look Out!" sometimes!

At least they're changing up the format. Looks like if PD is open to mixing things up they could implement some Event Generator changes easily enough for seasonals. Just being able to adjust the lap count and AI difficulty like in Arcade shouldn't be too much to ask for now.
 
I've been having fun with these events too but that part is starting to bug me as well. So easy to spook the AI from behind-I find myself yelling "Look Out!" sometimes!

You're kinder than I am ;) Nico Rosberg has mentioned "shouting inside your helmet" before, and sometimes I could sure use one (or a soundproof game room). My lady often has to yell "shut up!" from the other room to remind me to uh, maintain my bearing. "Spook" the AI is a great description! Hah I keep looking for a dribble of fluid coming out their bottom or something...
 
Desperate, much?
 
Back