What's your preferred camera view in GTS?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Spade13, Nov 9, 2017.

?

What's your preferred camera view?

1. Cockpit View

2. Third Person

3. Roof View

4. Bumper View

5. Hood View

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spade13

Spade13

I'm just curious what view most people use when playing GTS. Personally, I almost exclusively play the game in cockpit view. It just gives the most immersive experience in my opinion. The only annoying thing about it though are the exaggerated windshield reflections during sunset lighting.

2. Norxman

Norxman

I’m the same as you. I play racing games to get a tiny feeling of how it is in real life. Playing with any other view than cockpit lessens that immersion for me even though it might be faster.

3. Robbks

Robbks

Bonnet View (where available) at the base of the windscreen

Not the Mr-Bean-On-The-Couch-On-the-roof view that's offered in some cars

4. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

Bumper view because it has a rear view mirror.

5. FerrellJ

FerrellJ

I tend to be fastest in cockpit view but during races, I tend to use bumper just for safety.

The other views simply don't work for me, especially kite-cam.

6. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

cockpit since GT5

7. foofiemoon

foofiemoon

Chase view on Rally races. Need to see the angle of the car when it is sliding. Hood cam otherwise seems to give best laptimes. The cockpit view looks neat but it is too hard to see the surroundings.

8. SCCAdeanRX-7

SCCAdeanRX-7

I played Gran Turismo 1 and 2 in 3rd person mode and Gran Turismo 3 through 4 on bumper Cam and from 5 on I've been in cockpit

SmnSyz and Phoenixsui like this.
  9. GTCam

GTCam Premium

Since arcade racing I prefer bonet view, but they never seem to implement it in the same way as in the arcade.
    I feel cockpit view is too restrictive.
    So I have learnt to use bumper cam...

From a VR perspective, I was blown away with cockpit view as you get the freedom to look out in any direction you like.

Mat73 and rankings18 like this.
  10. Cfft555

Cfft555

Bumper view in online, cockpit view in single player modes just because it is more fun

11. deviln3

deviln3

I prefer the third person view because it lets me see my car sliding outwards, I can see my racing line, along with any cars thats along side.

12. GTPoet

GTPoet

I actually like this view for the same reasons, but I always play with the hood cam. I just seem to be faster.

I would love the cockpit view if I could see anything. FOV seems too narrow.

Jack002, meck_rb7 and stevenhiggster like this.
  13. insayne05

insayne05

I prefer the bumper view as I can see more, cockpit view really didn't give me that immersion feel. Have to say though if VR was available in every mode other than arcade then I would be cockpit all the way, that really gives that immersion of being inside the car.

GTR365 and praiano63 like this.
  14. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

pls PD add a read mirror to the Hood-View :bowdown:

D.

15. BIGBEN

BIGBEN

bumper's the standard for me... I wish they'd replace the bumper cam's sound with the hood cams though.

Mat73, fastone371 and Dan Vincent like this.
  16. stevenhiggster

stevenhiggster

Bumper view as it has a clear rear view mirror and better fov.
    I actually play Assetto Corsa always in cockpit view but the fov in cockpit view in GT is messed up. And it's so dark in there, all the cars must have tinted windscreens!

fastone371 likes this.
  17. JonnoW

JonnoW

I find all of the camera angles a compromise in GT and would love some more views/customisation options. I use bumper view purely because it gives the best view of the track and cars around you along with the rear view mirror. However, when following a car closely your view ahead can be obscured quite badly.

Cockpit view has too small a FOV and the windscreen reflections are way over the top. I'd also like the option to remove the steering wheel from this view as in some other games. The roof view is too far up to feel immersive for me and I lose that sense of being at one with the car. The option to have the mirror in every view is a must, it's so much easier to be predictable when driving around others when you can glance up and see where the cars behind are on track.

The game desperately needs the dashboard view found in the likes of Assetto Corsa, this view, placed just inside the windshield still gives you the immersion of the cockpit view, but with a much better perspective of the track of the track around you. Now I've driven with this, its difficult to go back to what GT offers. Another feature that would help hugely with clean online racing is a spotter. This is available in all online races in Project Cars 2 now, at least on the PC version, and I find it incredibly helpful, telling me when i'm clear of a car alongside and on which corner of the car a rival is approaching etc. I'd love to see a similar system implemented in GT in the future.

GTR365, IronVortex75, Pfei and 3 others like this.
  18. cf357

cf357

What is the roof view? Bumper for me, best tradeoff between usability, realism, sensations.

19. Stotty

Stotty Premium

I've always played using bumper cam.

Think it gives the best feeling on what the car is doing, and doesn't constrict your field of view.

YukinoSuzuka, JacksHerer and super_gt like this.
  20. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Bumper since GT1. Rear view mirror is good and I get a better sense of where I'm placing the car and at what speed I'm going. Also, I think the sounds are not so filtered as in cockpit or 3rd person view for example, especially tire sounds, which I find essential due to the lack of feedback from the wheel...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  21. Betty blue

Betty blue

Bumper cam for me. I get the Idea that cockpit view is more enjoyable to race with, but you miss the physical felling to your car and I mean "If you raced in real life your body will feel if the car is going in a spin and you can react to it and probably safe it" of course you can't feel that in a game, but at least you can see it in a bumper view. Also I think it's safer in online racing especially with a lot of us complaining about some people that are not aware of their surroundings.

22. Deadheadbill

Deadheadbill

I picked cockpit view as it is the view I prefer, how ever it is too restrictive imo, so I end up using bumper view most of the time. Maybe the poll should have been worded "Which view do you use" rather than prefer?

stevenhiggster likes this.
  23. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

I prefer the cockpit. However some cars have horrible visibility, looking at you Nissan Gr.1 :D

24. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

I use the third person view because I like to see the car. it has the benefit of allowing me to see other cars and the apex better but the cockpit view is more fun just because it's more frantic, claustrophobic, and immersive.

But I can't even think of doing cockpit if I don't have the course dialed in. Without the ability to smoothly turn the camera towards the inside during a turn, it's impossible to see my apex. Even in Grand Theft Auto Online, with third person view I'm always simultaneously using the right thumbstick to read my turn and line up my apex... I can't even do anything like that in Gran Turismo since the right stick just flicks hard left and right instead of being a smooth elastic camera that snaps back to center when you let it go.

Jack002 likes this.
  25. jesQuick

jesQuick

I'm with you here. I actually prefer bumper cam but I feel 3. person is safer and more efficient when in sport mode...

deviln3 likes this.
  26. NoFinClue

NoFinClue

I'd like to use third person, but it just doesn't feel right, even on the loosest settings it still needs more camera swing. I've been spoiled with a few years playing GTA V.

27. InebriHATED

InebriHATED

I always use cockpit view in all my sim racers. I have been using bumper cam on GTS mostly though. Assetto has been my main sim(on pc) for years and Im really used to not seeing my drivers hands and the steering wheel on my screen, since they can be removed. As most cockpit setups my screen is right behind my steering wheel. I dont need to see my hands and wheel and then the games. Would be great to have the option to remove them in GTS. So bumper view it is.

super_gt likes this.
  28. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

Since it's been available in ANY racing/driving game, I've used bumper cam. I've tried other views over the years, but for me, bumper cam is where my comfort zone is and is what I'm fastest with. I'm also loving the radar in GT Sport... it really helps with the close encounters along with the shading you see on screen when someone is close.

I honestly think everyone should use the radar even though it is painfully obvious it won't help with those people whose "give a :censored: factor" is really low or nonexistent. Nothing helps with idiots.

Cheers

fastone371 likes this.
  29. Tekku

Tekku

I’m all about immersion. Cockpit, no HUD, surround headset and pitch black room :)

30. Logsi

Logsi

Was a hardcore cockpit player but found out now that bumper is the best way for me for time trials with a wheel.

fastone371 likes this.